• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That is awful. I can't believe they make shows of something so... gruesome. All this over some boy too.

Lol Jer, what's your address?

| Big D |

Smash Master
What drove her to that is actually pretty deep, not gonna go too much into it. Great series though, highly recommend it to anyone who likes darker themes. It can be pretty sadistic at times, not everyone's cup of tea but exposure to that will get you better at Brawl.

Eric basically said he was maybe, and will go if he has nothing else to do.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He'd better come!

I seriously winced when I saw her putting a nail on what seems to be a joint in that guy's finger. Eugh..

SKidd

Smash Master
yeah kevin can you give koen and me a ride? we can bus somewhere in coquitlam

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eugh you guys >_>

As much I want to help, I will openly admit I do not want to go out of the way to pick up so many people and then feel obligated to drive everybody home. Jer is not a problem because he is literally 5 minutes from me.

Keep in mind I get tired and it does use up some gas to go additional routes >_>

| Big D |

Smash Master
I don't think it will be the last one, a new one comes out every year. My only problems with the list is where it deviates from my vote.

Trying to beat Skyward Sword by Saturday so I can finish it before I give Jeremie his controller back, lost a bit of time due to watching an anime, just got the green flame, is there hope?

Anyways for Saturday...

Me
Jake
Kevin
Jeremie
Neebee
Jason
Koen
Crisis
SKidd
Eric
Yakal
H?
Landon?

xX1337Sn1PeZaSsAsS1nXx?

Setups setups setups.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd at least give you a ride from the airport as long as you don't pull off what a certain Olimar player did to me. Otherwise, everything should be dandy.

And no, I still haven't gotten over that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well you're still awake so I'll humour you with a nice bedtime story.

Pretty much I drove an hour to pick a BBR Olimar player from the airport. Feeling a bit of sympathy for him due to spending so much money flying here, I treated him to a lunch and bubble tea. He needed to go to a far away town (outside of Vancouver) to where he was being housed and at the same time attend the smashfest that was being held. He wanted to make the Greyhound in time but at the same time, he felt indebted to his fellow Olimar player that donated something like $200 for him to come and wanted to buy him a present. Being the fool that I am, I offered to drive him to some abandoned town called Abbotsford that is over 1.5 hours away instead of making him take the Greyhound. Since we were in a gigantic Asian mall and the kind sponsor loves anime (it was One Piece or something), the visitor decided to buy a figurine of a swordsman from that anime that took ages to pick out. During the lovely car ride there, I was pretty much looked down on and ridiculed for maining Zelda because sparkles don't really amount to much in competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, I found out the visitor lied to his parents about needing to stay overnight at school to complete some project in order to attend the tournament the next day. So we arrive at the ghost town and I stuck around for the smashfest. I pretty much did not exist at all during that smashfest and the only people who played me was a MK player and the host of the Brawl tournaments in the neighbouring province. I was kinda disappointed that we couldn't play even one game even though we did plan on having a money match (-4 matchup). The next day, I was invisible too and even though the tournament lasted all day I couldn't not even play him in just one game. I got really salty and to this day, I still remember what a jerk that guy was to me. Apparently, he was an ass to Firefly too in the big national tournament in the summer. The end.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair, you got into that knowing he mained Olimar. This should not have been surprising based on the type of people that tend to play Olimar :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If Maple Ridge and Yakal want to meet up somewhere, I could do that.

Jer we can figure out what time I will pick you up after ^.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Just name a time that works best for you and I'll be ready.

Also grape is coming over right now, anyone else is welcome to join us.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Attention to anybody planning on going to the smashfest tomorrow:

The Magic Stronghold FB page posted this status about an hour ago:

"VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL PRERELEASE PLAYERS

Due to dastardly and unforeseen circumstances, the Prerelease cannot be held at the store this weekend. Fear not! We are still running a Prerelease at the Delta Hotel in Richmond tonight and Saturday. Sunday details still to come.

We are offering rides from the store to the venue. You can also find your own way if you're close to Richmond. Here's the address

Delta Hotel Vancouver Airport
3500 Cessna Dr Richmond, BC V7B 1C7

We deeply regret the inconvenience but we do still promise a great time, and the best prizes and staff in town."

This likely means that the venue will not be open tomorrow. Can't say for sure, but that's what it looks like. We might have to either relocate or cancel. =[

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm yeah, relocating sounds like a good thing to do.

Sadly, it means attendance will decrease a lot?

| Big D |

Smash Master
It doesn't say that the venue will be closed during the day, I made a comment on the fb page asking if it will be open.

Will post here as soon as I get a response.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Jeremie how many TVs do you have?

Depending on what happens, we can still play smash AND eat frozen yoghurt if Jer can host but I hate to impose :(

I can definitely pick people up.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
After a whole week of doing "in real life" case work, I realize I am horrible at applying the theory I learned thus far. I am enjoying the work and I'm happy we have one more week of this stuff though.

I also finally "graduated" from my little side project of being Payroll designated today! Hopefully it can help me get the work experience required to get my accounting designation 4+ years down the road.

Top Bottom