• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
mij ook, en in haar profiel lijkt ze ook een meisje...
Maar goed, anders is het dus een jongen die er van houdt leuke jongens te knuffelen :p

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Omg at least talk about him in English so he knows what you're talking about... Bunch of schoolgirls... ><
O I am srr (really am, I don't like gossaping) it is just that speaking dutch is a bit easier ;)

@ Yuna
We were talking about the fact that you are a boy/guy with a profile that says that you like to hug boys. I am now thinking that you are gay. If not, blame Jefzor for making me think that :p

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol @ all... i didnt know it too... i found out in a thread where yuna asked for people to donate money so he could go to america or something ^^ the picture in that thread was even more confusing.

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Stop saying "pouls" (why do all Dutch people say "pouls"?!). It's pools. And it's tiers, not tires.
Because it IS poule and poules, braindead.

How come that the Americans say poolplay then??
The langauage is called ENGLISH for a reason, don't listen to Americans and their 'American".

Notice how you spelt that pool and not poul like the other Dutchies.
Yeah, notice how he was asking a question regarding the spelling of poule/pool, it is really hard to understand English, isn't it.
'

Yuna calls other people lazy? I remember her coming into a dutch thread asking for other people to find her flights to holland >_>

Anyway, beunhaas and kone pwned the dutch stupidity. Thanks guys.
And according to a european research on the smartest people of Europe, Holland and Germany ended up on the first place. SO if we are stupid, then you Swedish braindeads must be complete ******** morons.

OMG, stop the presses! Yuna's a guy!? And he's GAY!? =O
No effing way!?!?!

EK

Smash Journeyman
LOL@ Pisuke You said it was English... so why did Kone said that it was Pool and not Poul... maybe you dutchies says poul but the english word for it is Pool so no Johnz >_>

Exalador

Smash Lord
the subjects in this thread are about everything except the actual tournament it seems.. ^__^ as far as i know, both spellings CAN be used... pool and poule... but as far as i know, poule is the most correct one... but WHO CARES lol :p

now back to subject: Jeffz0r anything clear about if there is enough time for the low tier tournament yet? Single elim, double elim or no low tier tournament at all?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who the heck told you "poule" is the correct spelling? The only thing poule is the correct spelling for is "hen" in French.

The correct spelling is "pools". In no way is "poule" a correct spelling, especially not a more correct one than "pool". Whoever told you this has pulled a fast one on you.

Exalador

Smash Lord
i just checked around for it... maybe thats the best solution ;)... even though both words are used, pool is indeed better and more frequently used than poule. turns out that half the time they actually call it Group instead of pool too ;) (at least in football). And i have no problem with admitting that i was wrong...

Poule is used in dutch and in french as well for group (again, in football).

and yes yuna, poule is chicken/hen in french too... And no, noone pulled a fast one on me >_< its not like someone deliberatly has been trying to convince me that its poule instead of pool... i just made a mistake.. lol

Hope this silly discussion is over now........ :p

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
lol @ all... i didnt know it too... i found out in a thread where yuna asked for people to donate money so he could go to america or something ^^ the picture in that thread was even more confusing.
Yeah that was the picture I meant. It was some crossdressing contest XD
now back to subject: Jeffz0r anything clear about if there is enough time for the low tier tournament yet? Single elim, double elim or no low tier tournament at all?
I can't tell know that until the actualy day itself. It depends on how many people there are and at what time singles is finished. If it's finished too late, people can play friendlies till 11 pm if they want to.

Exalador

Smash Lord
Yeah that was the picture I meant. It was some crossdressing contest XD
haha ok that explains it... because i still didn't figure that picture out... because yuna said something like: 'im the one in the middle'... but there was someone in a dress in the middle.

i was so confused! >_<

as for the low tier stuff, ok.. we will wait and see ^^ at least i don't have to bother you about it anymore

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to mention every time I travel abroad, I get mistaken for a girl at least once. >_>'

I was almost safe on the flight back home from America because I didn't have to interact with anyone, but then the (male) flight attendant said "Hello ladies" to me and my (female) neighbour (the attendant was Dutch, BTW. It was KLM). >_>'

Piisuke

Smash Ace
LOL@ Pisuke You said it was English... so why did Kone said that it was Pool and not Poul... maybe you dutchies says poul but the english word for it is Pool so no Johnz >_>
Are you stupid, cause I think you are. Poule is correct spelling, not in English, but it is in Dutch, nimwit.

Who the heck told you "poule" is the correct spelling? The only thing poule is the correct spelling for is "hen" in French.

The correct spelling is "pools". In no way is "poule" a correct spelling, especially not a more correct one than "pool". Whoever told you this has pulled a fast one on you.
I am serisously doubting your intelligence here Yuna. I think it was said a couple of times already. Poule is correct spelling in DUTCH, meaning it is correct. The thing why dutchies say poule instead of pool is because they mean the same, they are pronounced the same, only the spelling is diffirent.

Not to mention every time I travel abroad, I get mistaken for a girl at least once. >_>'

I was almost safe on the flight back home from America because I didn't have to interact with anyone, but then the (male) flight attendant said "Hello ladies" to me and my (female) neighbour (the attendant was Dutch, BTW. It was KLM). >_>'
You know, there is a reason they confuse you for a girl.

pwned, n00bs!
Don't got anything to say, shut the hell up, stupid ******** spammer =/

EK

Smash Journeyman
LMAO this time Pisuke, i clearly says in my post above that Pool is the correct English word, But maybe you guys say Poul in Dutch... and then you write this LOL almoast the same thing i just said but you telling me that im stupid >_> makes no sence.. im to lazy to Quoote but you guys se the post above...

btw you are the one thats stupid cause you cant read what i just said...

Piisuke

Smash Ace
I never said it was incorrect in English, I said poule was a correct word, you are presumptuous.
Also, check your spelling, it is...well uhm...horrid.

EK

Smash Journeyman
My spelling maybe confused you but i still said that English = Pool and Dutch = Poul... so No Johnz

Edit: så you cant read my post cause i did 3 dots insted of (,) ... WoW much of a differance

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So that must mean the swedish term 'gruppspel' is also correct when referring to poolplay or round robin? In school we were told not to mix in Swedish words or spellings when writing in English, but then again I heard the Dutch educational system is a disaster ;)

Piisuke

Smash Ace
My spelling maybe confused you but i still said that English = Pool and Dutch = Poul... so No Johnz

Edit: så you cant read my post cause i did 3 dots insted of (,) ... WoW much diffirances
Show me where I said you were incorrect.

So that must mean the swedish term 'gruppspel' is also correct when referring to poolplay or round robin? In school we were told not to mix in Swedish words or spellings when writing in English, but then again I heard the Dutch educational system is a disaster ;)
Yes, but gruppspel sounds EXACTLY the same as poule/pool. Gee, here I thought I was getting a post which would have some meaning.
We say poule, cause the dutch word for pool is poule, pronounced the same, but diffirent spelling, so it easy to confuse, cause normally we write poule, considering we think dutch and are dutch, we sometimes make a mistake, just like you do, by trying to make a smart comment in this somewhat of a discussion.

Our schoolsystem sucks? Funny that the Dutch and Germans are the smartest people in Europe then, it would mean that the Swedish schoolsystem doesn't even exist and all children are born without brains, but seeing the Swedish people post here, it actually makes proves my point. =)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Intelligence is not taught in school, and you very well know that. I am also highly doubtful when it comes to measuring intelligence. Oh, and isn't the rate of nazi supporters extra high in germany? Guess old Hitler wasn't too dumb after all. (No, I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm just being stupid over stupid claims :p)

Either way, the subject here isn't whether poule sounds like pool or not, but whether it is the CORRECT ENGLISH spelling or not. Some dutch guys seems to think so, but were blatantly proved wrong. No need for any further discussion. Now if you're all that smart, you'd simply sit there and take it in the *** like the lil' ***** you are ;), since there's obviously nothing more to discuss.

EK

Smash Journeyman
Hehe Helios is to good :3

Im surprised that there is no MM discussion yet, so i gues we have to bring this up^^

MM List:
Pisuke?
Dave?
Amsah?
Everyone Else???

all MM should be 5 Euros or higher your choice...

Piisuke

Smash Ace
No, intelligence isn't taught at school, I don't see where I said that. But school does train your intelligence, stimulates it and teaches you things basically about everything. Now, if our school system sucks, how can it be that we are still the smartest people of Europe?

Oh and uhm, yes Hitler was asmart man, I kinda hoped you knew that, but appearantly you didn't. His war program didn't worked out as he had planned to, trust me I can go into detail about the second World War, considering it was one of my favourite items in History Class, but I won't. To make things short, Hitler was smart.

Also, it is very well possible to measure the intelligence of the country, of course it is not exact, it is just an average.

Oh and I actually took time to look it up:

Clicky

For those that don't want to click: Pool (poule): the grouping of fencers or teams in a competition...ooooh that must hurt.
Edit: Quite funny, it is a british site, Kone..?

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
If by smart, you mean "wanted to exterminate the entire jewish population", then I don't know if calling germany and the netherlands the most intelligent countries in Europe is a good thing =/

Oh and once again, I highly doubt this whole "measuring" intelligence thing. If finding patterns in random dots is what floats your boat, then I guess you can go have fun with that =)

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Haha, and by that comment you proved you know jack about the 2nd World War. Or WHY Hitler wanted to get rid of the jews, why he started the war in the first place and so on. Don't get anything to say that might actually be useful, then don't say anything.

And where was I saying about dots or those random internet IQ tests? People are smarter then that you know.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
If by smart, you mean "wanted to exterminate the entire jewish population", then I don't know if calling germany and the netherlands the most intelligent countries in Europe is a good thing =/

Oh and once again, I highly doubt this whole "measuring" intelligence thing. If finding patterns in random dots is what floats your boat, then I guess you can go have fun with that =)
Why the **** did we want to kill the Jews? Hitler is a german not a dutch person >_>

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
ZN you clearly didn't understand what I said. Piisuke said Hitler was smart, and I reacted upon that. He might've been a very clever person, but the moral in slaying millions of people just screams out "STUPID!" lol

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you stupid, cause I think you are. Poule is correct spelling, not in English, but it is in Dutch, nimwit.

I am serisously doubting your intelligence here Yuna. I think it was said a couple of times already. Poule is correct spelling in DUTCH, meaning it is correct. The thing why dutchies say poule instead of pool is because they mean the same, they are pronounced the same, only the spelling is diffirent.

You know, there is a reason they confuse you for a girl.

Don't got anything to say, shut the hell up, stupid ******** spammer =/
It doesn't matter if it's the correct spelling in Dutch because you're using it when speaking English!

It's as ******** as saying "You know, what, Piisuke, you're a big dô` ngô´c because you kan inte tala English without throwing in palabras holandés. Obviously, tu ne peux pas ecriver anglais correctement fordi du bruker Hollendske ord hele tida!"

And after reading your defense about "poule" being a homonym to "pool":
Did you know that what stars you can se (<-- Swedish (see)) depend on where in the world you är (<-- Swedish (are)). My katt (<-- Swedish (cat)) it has tre (three) edges, three edges has my katt.

In Swedish, "Lejon" (a lot like "Leion") sounds a lot like "Lion". Incidentally, it also means "Lion".

Piisuke, did you know that fencing uses French words? Or do you seriously think Attack au Fer, Bout, Coquille, Coulé, Coupé and Plaqué are English words?

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Hahaha, he doesn't really like kroket. I brought some to Sweden and he couldn't even finish one :p
At least he ate more of it than his mother XD

Aceyboy

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody,
I'm new here and if everything is correct i will be fight in this tournament (under the name ace). Now i know you are going to kick my *ss, but I'll give you a **** hard time trying ;).

btw. any people in zuid-holland/Rotterdam whom i can practice killing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom