• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
I have been royally screwed by those slob pick rules before and I don't want it to happen again.

For example, I fought Crash & Burn. I think we are equal of skill. He won the first match, I was IC's, he Fox on FoD. I counterpick Marth and go random because I thought that that was the rule. I got Dreamland and won that match. He counterpicked Sheik and choose FoD, my worst stage by far. He easily defeated me there. Not only that, but the fact that he already won on that stage, is kinda weird too, but I'm pretty sure that's not in these rules either. No offense to C&B, I understand that he wants to win too, but not in this way.

I understand that these rules do not matter for people who aren't really good. I know I'm not good either, but at least I try to get somewhere, instead of getting owned by rules. Helios is right, ASP ftw.

EK

Smash Journeyman
And Swedes, next time read the rules right away.;)
There won't be a next time if you guys still play does rules, so this is gonna be my first and last visit in Holland probably >_> (Maybe returning when Brawl gets out)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
It wouldn't benefit him personally, then. But for a fair tournament, I think he can still agree that ASP is the way to go. Either way, there's plenty more people who agree on this one.

Jeffrey, I really don't see the point of going against everyone. It just makes it seem desperate and ignorant. Now, I've told you the way things are run outside of the Netherlands, and many people joined in and presented their views.

Would you PLEASE sit down, think this through and try to understand why everyone wants ASP?
I have, and come to conclusion that, despite of what Marc said, I'll change to ASP. Now I don't what to see anyone talking about this issue anymore, I've already asked Nihonjin to delete any posts after mine concerning the rules. And Helios, now don't start finding something else to whine about, cause it's not your tournament ****it! >_>

what stage :p
I really don't remember actually XD But it was the first match, so it was one of the 6 randoms. And since I remember counterpicking DL64 the 3rd match, I think it wasn't that one.

Helios said:
But we obviously weren't the only ones oblivious to this =/
Yes you were, that other people agree with you, doesn't mean they didn't even know that at first, these rules would be applied.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
=)
I'm glad to see that Jeffrey. In my eyes you've grown as a tourney host, and as a person.

Now, about those stages.....

JUST KIDDING XD
:laugh: :psycho: :lick: :colorful: :demon: :flame: :pimp:

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I need to moneymatch peaches at mute city (with fox)

Anyone up for that? 1-10 euro's?

Happy we did change to ASP, although i'm not afraid of anything except for Marth+FD :p

sPArKeN

Smash Apprentice
I have, and come to conclusion that, despite of what Marc said, I'll change to ASP. Now I don't what to see anyone talking about this issue anymore, I've already asked Nihonjin to delete any posts after mine concerning the rules. And Helios, now don't start finding something else to whine about, cause it's not your tournament ****it! >_>

I really don't remember actually XD But it was the first match, so it was one of the 6 randoms. And since I remember counterpicking DL64 the 3rd match, I think it wasn't that one.

Yes you were, that other people agree with you, doesn't mean they didn't even know that at first, these rules would be applied.
LOL!
I was soooo into the heat of the battle and was almost ready 2 plan a big boycott of the tourney when I c that u were insighted enough 2 stop battle'ing for the battle's sake :).

Helios:
"I'm glad to see that Jeffrey. In my eyes you've grown as a tourney host, and as a person."

W0RD.

I, who usually thing that ASP is broken somewhat was imagening scenarios were i would start playing br0ken match up's just b'cuz u NEED 2.
I really got into the heat when i realized what was about 2 happen and was really into boycotting participateing the tourney.
So once more:
Really g00d ****z Jeffzor :bigthumbu .

Now let's all look forward 2 a nice entertaining and extremly EXCITING TOURNEY!
KRING SPIER MUSCITIER, HERE I COME!!!

Yours sincerely
/Kicking Bird

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol sparken <3

The Swedish Vikings are coming to have a ****load of fun and kick some ***! Now, I'm up for beer matches people! BEER MATCHES!!

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Oh well. It's ASP now. I don't really care myself, cause I won't be making it into the pouls (probably =P ) But this sounds more fair to me and the best thing of the change is that everyone seems to be friends again *angelic*

*is going to read the first post again cause of the change of rules*

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Oh well. It's ASP now. I don't really care myself, cause I won't be making it into the pouls (probably =P ) But this sounds more fair to me and the best thing of the change is that everyone seems to be friends again *angelic*

*is going to read the first post again cause of the change of rules*
.................you START in the pools.. O____o

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
No, he's that bad.;)

Btw, I demand free hookers at this tournament! It's the only way we can stand up to the American scene and it promotes unison between our countries!

Down A

Smash Journeyman
ivo, i'll take you on at that.
i want a rematch since you kicked me out brackets last time.
1 euro though, i'm not that confidant

EDIT: i thought that with ASP, the winner can only change character if the loser choses both a character and a stage. This would mean you could theoreticly chose a character and go with a rondom stage or remain the same character and only pick a stage, and your opponent is forced to stick to his old character.
I'm far from sure and the rules now say you're always allowed to change character if you've won the previous match.
Could someone please clearify this one for me?

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
No, he's that bad.;)

Btw, I demand free hookers at this tournament! It's the only way we can stand up to the American scene and it promotes unison between our countries!
The fact that I once came through the Pools means that many more players are THAT bad.
I am for sure not the worst player on the tourney (I wanna make a bet about it if you want).
I've beaten Kragen several times and I think that I maybe can beat Jefzor in some conditions (no not Mute City + Peach -_- )

and really, it was just a bad pick of words, well whatever, I dunno for certain if I am making it before 11 am anyways and the Low tier rules, so you have to start at 11 am! So maybe I won't be participating in the singles which gives me full right to see that I am probably not making it into the singles ^_^

edit:
@ Down A
Thats what I thought to, but this seems fair to. though I would prefer what you said, but I don't think Jeffzor is going to change it again xD

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
My cat can immortal Jeffz0r, so that doesn't really count. How about a money match to prove me you're not the absolute worst player out there?;)

Player Pink

Smash Apprentice
hmm.... dont know the exact ruleset now.... but who cares helios has always shared me preference of rulesets no need to complain :)

And marc you're saying that swedes are the ONLY PEOPLE ALIVE that have good secondary's..... that's bull****.

****... thought this tourney was in Zoetermeer but it is in ****ing Den Bosch :s

Beer matches:
Helios
Marc (Duvel and probably multiple Duvel matches ^^ )
Shoe

I won't be coming on sunday and joey won't be coming as well. This because I HAVE to play football at 10 but now i know the tourney is in Den Bosch I won't make it... and i don't have a team partner.

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys I have to tell you that DancingQueen90 wont come with me... Even if I have my tickets... But Maybe Jon_a.ss will come with me... Its not very likely that he will but it is possible I gonna tell you tomorow... I will drive there for sure...

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
My cat can immortal Jeffz0r, so that doesn't really count. How about a money match to prove me you're not the absolute worst player out there?;)
I am fine with that, though I would like to play your cat to? Is he coming to the tourney to? cause I never saw a cat immortaling anyone, would be cool to see ^_^

anyways, 50 cents? or 1e? (I am not going any higher then 1e cause you'll probably win anyways lol )

Handshake Matches: (friendlies =P )(the more the better ^_^ )
Thomaz
Sexy Meth

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(50c)MM's: (is
Jefzor (0,50)
NGCXX (Pikachu vs Sheik) (1,-)
(Prince) Shadow (0,50)
nofx4president (0,50)
Nihonjin (0,50)
Captain Jadde (0,50)
Kragen (0,50)
Joanna Dark (1,-)

Fox128 (1,- ?)

Doraki? (10 cents/ +rep?)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You'll be dead before you even get near. He doesn't really like foreigners. =]

Well, except for Remen. :3

FireMan.EXE

Smash Journeyman
You'll be dead before you even get near. He doesn't really like foreigners. =]

Well, except for Remen. :3
>_>
<_<
NEKO!!!!! XD

Looking forward to the tourney, but I'm wondering... Do the Americans know we'll be playing PAL? Because more than half of the world is using the NTSC version. MLG uses NTSC, we haven't ever played the NTSC version before. We'll just have to get some freeloaders, since I think it's only fair the US people get their NTSC!

[/sarcasm]

XP

Oh and Z-N, handshake match? (me=stingy basterd! :D) I don't know who you exactly are, but I'll ask someone.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
@ FireMan.Exe

That's cool with me ^_^
I live in Bilthoven, that is also in the Province Utrecht =O
Who do you man btw? I main Sheik ^_^

Handshake Matches: (friendlies =P )(the more the better ^_^ )
Thomaz
Sexy Meth
FireMan.Exe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(50c)MM's: (is
Jefzor (0,50)
NGCXX (Pikachu vs Sheik) (1,-)
(Prince) Shadow (0,50)
nofx4president (0,50)
Nihonjin (0,50)
Captain Jadde (0,50)
Kragen (0,50)
Joanna Dark (1,-)

Fox128 (1,- ?)

Doraki? (10 cents/ +rep?)

nnja

Smash Journeyman
that reminds me of a story about a boy called''blueberry''..

Whahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha....*Inhales deeply* whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ~Nihonjin

nnja

Smash Journeyman
that reminds me of a story about a boy called''blueberry''..

Whahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha....*Inhales deeply* whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ~Nihonjin
Amsah klootzak, wat doe je stoer met je mod dinges:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom