• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Smash Journeyman
happosai: moneymatch is goed hoeveel? 10€?
Je bent wel heel zeker van je zaak :p maak er maar 1 euro van, ik vind het zo lullig als ik 10 euro van je af moet pakken :embarrass

Amsah: maybe my level rose, we'll see in 6 days

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have come to the conclusion that this tournament has by far the worst ruleset ever seen in a "professional" tourney, and if it weren't for my friends already booking their tickets, I prolly wouldn't show up at all.
Good game Netherlands.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow Jeffrey.
I've heard countless stories of your incompetence as a tournament host, coming from your fellow countrymen, and yet you rise to the occasion and present the worst ruleset known to date.

I was hoping it wouldn't lead to this, I thought it was just a mistake, but now it's painfully clear that the amount of bias from one person could never reach this level.

Here I am, thinking that Roofsm was the worst big tournament ever to be seen, and yet you sure as hell aim to beat that. And with only 6 days to go, you've got your eyes on the prize.

As naïve as I may be, I thought this tourney would have high standards when it comes to stages, rules, etc. Oh, how wrong I was.

All I can say now is that I feel sorry for those who bought their tickets, hoping for a fun, fair tournament. Personally I feel let down, and it'll be hard to regain the will to actually go and try my best.

Like Marc told me, it's obvious that Jeffrey can't handle the pressure of arranging this event, and even implying this to him I'm faced with childish anger.

*sigh*

Once again, good game Netherlands. Good game.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
SHUT THE **** UP! As I've already explained on msn, it's standard to not use ASP here, we never have (no Helios, not at DT9 either). I'm not ****ing introducing it now because you want it. You've been to dozens of tournaments here and and none of them made use of ASP. And the fact that none of you Sweden (or whoever were with you when we talked), knew about this ruleset, just shows how stupid you are by not reading the first post, cause it's been in there since the beginning. Who the **** books their tickets anyway if they don't even know the ****ing rules >_>
And thinking that I only made the rules so, for my own personal benefits, is the most stupid thing I ever heard. Like I would even have a chance of winning prizemoney >_> So why would I make them how I like them most myself? -_-
Oh and about Marc, he agrees with me on this one, so don't even start bringing him into this ><

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Helios, I think you're being unreasonable. We've never had advanced slob picks, hardly any Dutchie would benefit from it and it's been known since this tournament was first announced. Also, the bias thing... Jeffz0r really hasn't any hope of winning it big, and he knows that.

Jeffz0r, you shouldn't overreact and try to calm down a bit. Pressured tournament hosts are never a good thing.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Yeah I already suggested that to Comp.
ok so they hooked up? ^^

About the rules. I don't agree with the stages (however that's been discussed a LOT and there still has been no vote on them which I deem kinda necessary for such an important thing, but that's not really my decision) however, the rest are standard Dutch rules afaik. So I'm not that bummed about them.

To those at ROS3, the advanced system might be quite common, it has not been used in Holland, ever. Wat de boer niet kent dat lust-ie niet!
Jeffz0r has been organizing and will be hosting this tournament, by himself, and there has been a lot to arrange etc. so it's no wonder there's a bit of stress involved, and a 'new' counterpicking-system might be the push over the edge from good tournament to total chaos.

And Chris. C'mon. It can't get any worse than the host sleeping on the floor in the playing area during pools. ^^

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Wow, it isn't until now that I realise that this tourney uses the TG counterpicking rule. Is that the standard for all Dutch tournaments?

Not trying to argue with anyone here, actually I'll wish Jeffrey luck trying to run this thing smoothly.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Stage banning before the set starts, each player may (so if you don't want to, you don't have too) choose 1 stage which will not be played on that set.
Dave's stupid rule: you cant pick the stage you last won on in a set.
Loser counterpicks both character and stage.
That's how we do it every time. Except for stagebanning, this is the first Dutch stagebanning tournament that I'm aware of.
And maybe this is the Dutch being simple-minded but we, well at least I, find nothing wrong with that. ^^

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I'm not familiar with the TG rules, but if it's about counterpicking both character and stage, then yes, it's standard for Dutch tournaments.

And thanks btw mietje :p

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Arguing that you can't change the rules becaues they've allways been a certain way is dumb. Sometimes things have to change, when or they'll just feel outdated and irrelevant.

I don't see how you can describe it as "fair", knowing how people can turn to overwhelming counterpicks such as Peach + Mute City or Marth + Yoshi's Story, without the opponent being able to at least adapt characterwise, as is the case with ASP.

I don't see how anyone could have anything against ASP. Earlier people were arguing about taking more stages off, thus eliminating many character advantages in the game, such as marth on YS for instance. Now, however, with this ruleset, character/stage advantages are taken to a completely new level. I honestly don't see the point, and it's painful to see how little this scene (the dutch scene) has evolved in all its years.

Besides, I'm sorry for my name calling and all that, but jeffrey's immature respone to my completely reasonable outrage hardly did anything to soothe my mood. Besides, I'm not the only one who finds this ruleset to be broken v__v

"Helios | Another You, Another Me says:
but clearly you can agree that the current ruleset is not suitable for high level tournament play
Doug says:
agreed"

See, that's another experienced, well-traveled player. meeh...

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
helios, this is not ros4, let jeffzor organize. I don't agree with the rules aswell (even though we have different views about what rule should be applied), but I know they're noy gonna change for this time, so stop whining about that....

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Whole America, and great parts of Europe use the MLG rule set.
Why?
Cause many people have come to the conclusion that those rules is the most fair.

Choose both stage and char sounds way imbalance.

Marc says:
"We've never had advanced slob picks, hardly any Dutchie would benefit from it."

So you don't care if it's fair? You only want rules that benefit the dutchies?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
So you don't care if it's fair? You only want rules that benefit the dutchies?
You Swedes should stop acting like victims and saying all decisions about rules are based on bias. I'm also not the tournament host.

@ Marc Anyone would benefit from a better ruleset.
This is what we call a 'dooddoener' in Dutch. There's nothing in this I can respond to. Oneliners without arguments are worthless.

Oh, and maybe the Swedes should have read the rules THREE MONTHS ago instead of ruining the atmosphere with this six days in advance.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Its not worthless, you stated dutchies wouldn't benefit from this ruleset when infact we all would, because its simply better for competitive play (according to the larger part of the smash community).

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Its not worthless, you stated dutchies wouldn't benefit from this ruleset when infact we all would, because its simply better for competitive play (according to the larger part of the smash community).
It is worthless, because you assume this is the best ruleset without arguments for it. No point in telling me that the best ruleset is the best ruleset.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
No quite the same.
You're comparing religious (insanely biased) people to professional SSBM players who have alot more at stake (not to mention alot more experience and alot more people who's oppinion actually matters) than us europeans (10.000$ anyone), I'm quite sure they came to the conclusion this rule set can't screw them over (as bad as others can).

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The point I was making was that it's never good to say how many people do something. I don't think ASP is something as unreasonable as religion, but I also don't think we should use it. Besides that, we shouldn't even be discussing this anymore.

EK

Smash Journeyman
I'm for MLG rules, to be honest this tournament have the worst rules ever... Why dont we use them when 4 of top 5 is for the MLG Rule Set

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
ASP is cool, but since there aren't many stages to pick anymore, I don't think ASP is even needed... and marc is right, this rule has been announced forever, why discussing it less than a week before the tournament?
have you really seen bad rules to say JST5's rules are the worst?
you'd be really surprised >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom