• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
the "best of 11" set incase two players need to play each other more than once.
Now thats good.

Ok so about the poll, since Amsah asked and Jeffz0r didn't respond ^^

It's definite that Stadium, FD and DL64 are on random, isnt it?

Then the vote options for which stages on random would be:

Battlefied, YS and FoD
Battlefield and YS
Battlefield and Fod
Battlefield
YS and Fod
YS
FoD

(And another poll could be:
Should there becounterpickstages besides the random stages?
Yes or no.

In which case 'no' would BAN all the stages not on random, obviously.)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Now thats good.

Ok so about the poll, since Amsah asked and Jeffz0r didn't respond ^^

It's definite that Stadium, FD and DL64 are on random, isnt it?

Then the vote options for which stages on random would be:

Battlefied, YS and FoD
Battlefield and YS
Battlefield and Fod
Battlefield
YS and Fod
YS
FoD

(And another poll could be:
Should there becounterpickstages besides the random stages?
Yes or no.

In which case 'no' would BAN all the stages not on random, obviously.)
On second thought, I don't think adding a poll is such a good idea.
Why?
Same reason not everyone can help create the official tier list.
Not everyone in this thread is able to give a good oppinion on why a stage should be banned or not banned.
As results they'll pick what ever stage they like most instead of whats best for competitive play and thats what we're looking for isn't it?
Adding a poll will only turn into a "stage popularity contest".

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Luma, and others, I don't think beating a falco with peach on mute city has anything to do with skills.

But beating a Peach with Falco on that stage does :)

edit:

Nihonjin:
How about a topic which is only for stating which stages one wants on random - so one may only post once in the topic - and only the posts of the skilled players will be taken into account.
Who is skilled? How about everyone above Jeffz0r on his skill-list? :p

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The original ruleset was formed with the input of many people, and should therefore be the only alternative to propositions (which no one besides Amsah, CJ, JD and me made). A vote is imo pointless. Also, someone has to decide who is skilled and who is not, and it will have more of an elitist influence than the original ruleset (though less than in our proposal). Long stort short, there isn't much consistency in people's ideas about democracy here. :S

Because this has gone on for a while, the tournament is only 3 weeks away. Since so many people are against the proposal, though for the worst reasons ever...

Some of my favorites:
'It is made by three Sheik players and a Falco player and is therefore biased.' (XD)
'People like CJ are only out for their own gain and don't give a **** about the community.' (neglecting the fact that Amsah is a big rival of his and that I haven't been to a tournament in MONTHS, it's also really offensive)
'OMG, now I can't pick stage x with character x, my personal gain is much more important than having a fair ruleset!' (I, for example, beat JD at RoS3 with Peach at Mute City in the final round, this proposal would have made it so I wouldn't be able to do that again)

...it's probably best to stick with what we already have. This discussion did give us some insights in how people think about the rules, especially the foreigners (although Helios was about the only person who actually contributed something useful). We've also seen which people are immature dickheads who don't have a clue whatsoever (you know who you are).

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
The discission is over. As a result, I made the decission to change 2 things in my ruleset. This is non-negotiatable and thus will not be changed anymore.

1. Rainbow Ride and Brinstar will be banned, which results in the following stage rules:
Random Stages: Fountain of Dreams (banned in teams), Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Dream Land N64.
Counterpicks: Mute City (banned in teams), Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Kongo Jungle N64
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island N64, Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Yoshi’s Island, Green Greens, Corneria, Venom, Flat Zone, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Pokéfloats, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Rainbow Ride, Brinstar.

2. Stage banning will be possible. Before the set starts, each player may choose 1 stage which will not be played on in that set. This may obviously be either one of the four randoms (which would mean a restart if it comes out of the random) or one of the possible counterpicks.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Do i have to ban another stage? :( ****, i like all the stages :p

Oh, what's wrong with peach vs falco at mute city, i like that matchup.
If you don't want to ban a stage, you don't have too ofcourse :p

@Kragen: Je hebt alleen confirmed voor de zondag. Kom je de zaterdag niet of weet je dat nog niet?

EK

Smash Journeyman
Ahh Why bann so many stages... its like 10 in total or something (i have not count) and there is stage banning LMAO aka 8 stages >_>

EK

Smash Journeyman
;_; there is 8 stages and 2 goes away with banning so in singles it is 6 and if ve play daves stupid rules it becomes 5 stages, and in teams it will be 3 then o_O

*Edit* i rather play all stages then just 5, all 29 >_>

beunhaas

Smash Journeyman
**** Jeffzor why do you screw up a 100+ people tourney with those s.hitty a.ss rulesets :( Just stay with the old rulesets.. Don't you see that 89% of the people disagree with it??? Are you blind??

EDIT: Zeppo.. MM taken!

1 euro?

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
man wtf @ banning so many stages?!
IMO Princess Peach Castle, Green Greens, Onett, Corneria, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise and Poke Floats are all legitimate picks. Come ON, even Mute City is worse than some of those. Step it up Jeffrey!

On another note, stage banning = good!

Btw, JD.
Your perception on what "skill" is makes me laugh. Apparently, those who sit all day playing FD in training mode, practicing 0-death combos on fox are more skilled than those who learn to handle the **** stages! XD

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Btw, JD.
Your perception on what "skill" is makes me laugh. Apparently, those who sit all day playing FD in training mode, practicing 0-death combos on fox are more skilled than those who learn to handle the **** stages! XD

I didn't say that, it's too bad your interpretation is that wrong.
but we should play with items, it's also part of the game you know !

beunhaas

Smash Journeyman
I think there are not too many Marth players anymore. With this ruleset Marth players will quit their character XD

Only the 2 cheapest characters of the game will have a good time with this

I 100% disagree with this..

Just use the ZEST rules

Player Pink

Smash Apprentice
i'm also for ZEST rules. Indeed JD what's wrong with items?? I wasn't the one that decided that they should be turned off... it was because of people who lack the skill to play the game and would see their chance increase with the disappearance of items.

Again marc, i don't know if you were aiming at me with the ******** comment but i'm not attacking you personaly because you're a good friend ^^

But you saying if we don't use your ruleset or something that looks like it you won't come to another tournament is quite a childish action IMO... I always enjoy tournaments when fun and good friends of me are there like you, reffie, dave etc. The argument 'well if you don't do it my way... i quit' is a bit of kindergarden school.

And you said that advanced slob picking is 'only for the swedish' because they have multiple characters... Which is bull**** because YOU play peach and sheik... both very skilled IMO your sheik is better but if the match up is right your peach could save you. And when I look at it ALL skilled dutch players play more characters.
Nnja: fox Sheik
Amsah: pretty much everything :p
Faab: sheik ganon
Beunhaas: marth fox
Ivo:Fox Falco
Remen: fox marth

And there are probably more but i can't think of more atm

I know that i'll just have to accept this ruleset because it isn't going to turn up in my favor... Even with my so called 'childish immature ********' arguments....

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol JD Items were banned because of their seemingly random spawning patterns, where capsules could land in your face as you're charging a forward smash, killing you instantly.

However, handling stages such as brinstar or mute city most definitely shows diversity and skill, something that should be embraced by everyone, and most specifically those who want this game to be more "skill based".

I can, however, see why you'd want to use your proposed ruleset, seeing as how falco will only have like 2 or 3 hard match ups on those stages, counting every character lol

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Again marc, i don't know if you were aiming at me with the ******** comment but i'm not attacking you personaly because you're a good friend ^^
I was just saying it in general. The only thing that actually bothered me about your posts was what you said about CJ, he really isn't like that.

But you saying if we don't use your ruleset or something that looks like it you won't come to another tournament is quite a childish action IMO... I always enjoy tournaments when fun and good friends of me are there like you, reffie, dave etc. The argument 'well if you don't do it my way... i quit' is a bit of kindergarden school.
I said that if our proposal would lead to things actually getting worse and people insisting on changing things opposite from what we intended, that I'd be very disappointed. Since I don't really go to tournaments to be the best anymore and I'm busy enough anyway, stuff like that also really makes me question whether I should bother with it anymore. JST5 is something I don't wanna miss though, and I'll definitely be there. So the statement was a bit more specific than how you interpreted it, this makes it clear hopefully.

And you said that advanced slob picking is 'only for the swedish' because they have multiple characters... Which is bull**** because YOU play peach and sheik... both very skilled IMO your sheik is better but if the match up is right your peach could save you. And when I look at it ALL skilled dutch players play more characters.
True, but for most of us, secondary characters really are secondary. Besides that, ASP makes it so your counterpick can actually work against you.

Player Pink

Smash Apprentice
since when did you care for noobs marc :p

Yeah, but by saying if the 'ruleset got worse' you OBVIOUSLY mean that if we put all six 'basic' stages on and most of the normal counterpicks.

Faab

Smash Ace
jeey @ stage banning.
but why mute city at the counterpicks -_-
There are way more stages that are more fair then mute city to be chosen to be honest, just increasing this to win a set is kinda lame jeffzor. And yeah i also play peach in tournaments so i will definetly counterpick with it ofcourse but it remains stupid.
Ah well at least you did stage banning in it :)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
jeey @ stage banning.
but why mute city at the counterpicks -_-
There are way more stages that are more fair then mute city to be chosen to be honest, just increasing this to win a set is kinda lame jeffzor. And yeah i also play peach in tournaments so i will definetly counterpick with it ofcourse but it remains stupid.
Ah well at least you did stage banning in it :)
You think I left Mute City in beause I play Peach myself? Lol, this ruleset has nothing to do with my personal preferences xD

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
since when did you care for noobs marc :p

Yeah, but by saying if the 'ruleset got worse' you OBVIOUSLY mean that if we put all six 'basic' stages on and most of the normal counterpicks.
I only play one character :p

And I vote for Jungle Japes back on counterpick hahahahhahah XD I miss my little croc friend.

EK

Smash Journeyman
Jeffzors Rules aka better for him self cause he hates BF cause of teh ledge and Yoshi story is not a good peach stage and both is good marth stages and he hates marth so >_> i gues i have to play all sheik and fox in this then tourny, ohh weel it can be fun to use some other chars.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know why BF isn't on random, but what about YS?! ;__;
And make brinstar, rainbow cruise, and some other stages available for counterpicking, plx. The possibility to ban stages would naturally encourage the host to add more stages :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom