• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J's Quick Popcorn Mafia! D4 Totoro's Dilemma Ends 12/22; 12pm EST

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I feel that Gheb is a poor choice for an RVS waggon. I feel that you are asking people to 'roll with it' instead of actually scumhunting. I don't want to 'just shoot you now' because that isn't a good equity move. I just want you to explain yourself.

It's 1am here so there is no way Gheb is actually checking this tonight anyways.
Pray tell how someone would scumhunt here given that the amount of people that had posted when I made that comment as a clear and Maven89. Your argument is bunk.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: Was a*

You're looking too much into RVS and it's honestly confusing. I don't know what your angle is but it's not very good.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Are you serious with thinking Soup is scum?
I am 60% serious that soup is scum. I am 'lean scum' on soup.

Pray tell how someone would scumhunt here given that the amount of people that had posted when I made that comment as a clear and Maven89. Your argument is bunk.
You haven't explained why you chose Gheb. Did you roll some dice and pick him at random?

#HBC | ѕoup

It was random but not really. Gheb's the type of player that I like to see pressured instead of given the chance to just sit around where people don't question his motives. That's why I chose him out of everyone else.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm not quite sure why you're wanting to tag me in posts telling me to shoot you. Definitely not going to shoot you to clear you. That's an awful idea.

Kary, are you unfamiliar of the history with Soup and Gheb? His choice on Gheb seems pretty obvious to me considering their history.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It was random but not really. Gheb's the type of player that I like to see pressured instead of given the chance to just sit around where people don't question his motives. That's why I chose him out of everyone else.
Ok, cool. I agree with this assessment of Gheb. I don't feel that just 'calling him out' will have any effect though, which is where we have different opinions.

Kary, are you unfamiliar of the history with Soup and Gheb? His choice on Gheb seems pretty obvious to me considering their history.
Is there a specific game or trend that I should be aware of? I don't often read games I am not in.

That being said, I want to warn you against using meta as your yardstick. 'seems like typical soup' doesn't tell you that much.

I don't know Soup/Gheb's history and I still find Kary's claim that he thinks Soup is 60% scum to be pretty odd

Why
In case it isn't clear, by 60% I mean odds of 60-40. 50% would be a dead null (i.e. a coinflip)

I didn't like soup's opening post where he talks about Joey. The question of 'why joey' is steeped in WIFOM, and as Delamar points out, soup doesn't even have an opinion on it. Why bring it up if your opinion is 'maybe, maybe not'

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
I got Saturday night shenanigans to deal with and I ain't read this new page yet, but first

Kary said:
Wouldn't you want to build upon our conversation given your role as someone with an interest in determining my alignment?
Yes, if we were having much of a conversation. But our conversation was merely "who are you? Hi I'm Kary". Not much to build on.

Your pursuit of Soup on the other hand might tell me plenty and I think I like what you're doin with it, although I say that with great hesitation given that this game is a friggin zygote right now. I found soup's entry post a little weird (was that a serious point or wasn't it?) and his reply increased my confusion about it so I wanted to see what direction he goes in since I've already witness him being bewilderingly dumb and weird in target choice as town once before.

Your seeing the same thing I was (I assume) gave me a lot more to go on than building on a buncha niceties and how-you-doins.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Soup said:
You're looking too much into RVS and it's honestly confusing. I don't know what your angle is but it's not very good.
Oh god, how did ya know my ribs were ticklish? Stop it fella!

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like soup's opening post where he talks about Joey. The question of 'why joey' is steeped in WIFOM, and as Delamar points out, soup doesn't even have an opinion on it. Why bring it up if your opinion is 'maybe, maybe not'
I think we can be friends, pardner.

I officially take Kary's side in this exchange.

Maven89

Smash Master
oh great ninja'd

I can see where you're coming from Kary, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant seriously by him, him ending it with references to Joey's instability as well as tying it in with his "just kill Gheb" line made me think he meant the whole thing was as a joke.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes, if we were having much of a conversation. But our conversation was merely "who are you? Hi I'm Kary". Not much to build on.
You didn't tell me anything about yourself, though. I mean, I didn't offer anything about myself in exchange. But I know all the other players and so you're the one I particularly need to, uh, observe. to 'feel out' so to speak.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
I'm a private **** in real life. It's what got me to enjoy mafia so much when I got into it I think. I started on EpicMafia and then I got into forum junk when I puzzled out and won a 3man all unclear lylo as a villager, looked up other communities and got hooked. I prefer "Del" to Delamar cuz that's just where I'm from and bein' called a town over and over is weird and makes me feel fat. I favor hard facts and the like over gut vibes, unless you can find somethin' specific within seconds of getting the gut vibe that justifies it. I'm new to the game but I'd say I'm pretty alright at it.

I'm about to go drink whiskey from a glass like a real cowpoke.

Alright, I said stuff. Hopefully somethin' in there was what you were lookin' for. But really, keep doin what you were doin.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I can see where you're coming from Kary, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant seriously by him, him ending it with references to Joey's instability as well as tying it in with his "just kill Gheb" line made me think he meant the whole thing was as a joke.
*shrug* it's RVS, and in this list, soup is my go-to waggon. Time will tell if there was anything there.

I'm going to sleep. I will try check this before work tomorrow.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Well, the censor just made a helluva fool outta me. I am not paid to be a gigolo or a piece of excrement. P.I. That's what I shoulda said.

Maven said:
Delamar you didn't give a conclusion in that post
What's your point -- that I'm not formin' conclusions at the very start of D1, and before an exchange has run its course?

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Whiskey time. Except a very hungover cowboy tomorrow. Or possibly a very drunk and reckless one tonight. We'll see.

Maven89

Smash Master
What's your point -- that I'm not formin' conclusions at the very start of D1, and before an exchange has run its course?
It was that you made a post saying you wanted more from Soup/Kary so you could make a decision, but they did post more, I felt there was more then enough for you to make a decision at that point and was curious why you didn't seem to have one

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Well boi what type'a conclusion were ya lookin for? Want me to go ahead n spell out the state of the gaame fer ya? Shoo ,maybe I'll go ahead and put a bib on ya while I spoonfeed ya eveey thought I have about this game.

But seriously I think there's a benefit to just lettin' things happen, and who's to say that publicly announcin' a conclusion is even worth it? I ain't got much yet, if you're lookin' fer SOMETHING.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think you got a couple of things mixed up, soup. In this setup the "threat" of Joey shooting me doesn't put me under any pressure. The only thing that's going to happen to me is that I get the gun instead. If anything it's Joey that you're putting under pressure because he's the one who is gonna die [or might die, if we're talking from his pov]. Feel free to not to address this post regardless of whether you were aware of that or not - I don't know if you had a 'plan' here or if you were just plain wrong. Whichever the answer is I think it'd be better if you kept it for yourself. The only think I need from you right now is that you acknowledge the above point so I'll know we're on the same page here.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dooms Dooms

I'm not sure what part of "our history" you're talking about re: soup and me? If you're talking about his occasional outbursts then I was actually very rarely involved in any of that so you're either wrong or I don't know what else you could be talking about. There's no particular history between him and me that I know of.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also gotta play the armchair man for a moment. In my experience Popcorn setups are best played 'backwards'. A lot of it comes down to figuring out which dudes you want to not shoot at.

If you're suspicious of Maven, for example, shooting him is almost always a good decision imo barring a lylo scenario. You either hit a scumbag or you clear Maven and give him the gun. Calling it a "win/win"-scenario would be an exaggeration ... it's more like a "win/being able to make the best out of it"-scenario.

So yeah, my personal conclusions from all this? Shoot neither soup nor Kary would be my first impression. Don't think either of them has shown scummy behavior so far and I don't think they should be given the gun if it can be helped. Opinions can change of course but as of now I'd say we should figure out who'd make the best shot between Maven, Del and myself.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So yeah, my personal conclusions from all this? Shoot neither soup nor Kary would be my first impression. Don't think either of them has shown scummy behavior so far and I don't think they should be given the gun if it can be helped. Opinions can change of course but as of now I'd say we should figure out who'd make the best shot between Maven, Del and myself.
yuck. dislike

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman

I assume the bolded's got some meta related reasons behind it. I might be able to guess but can you go ahead explain why ya don't think they should be given the gun?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It is indeed meta-related - Kary is too unpredictable for my liking and soup may not have the confidence to make tough calls under pressure.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think that's a good idea but you're in charge atm so it's not like there's a whole lot I can do.

Not really being antagonistic though. I'm just not game for Kary's shenanigans. If he's got something to say he should just do so straight up and not make dumb remarks like "yuck" or say irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with this game.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
...what's the measurable difference between "yuck" and "I find the above quoted marks scummy", honestly?

You have meta related feelings as to why some (including Kary) should not be trusted with a gun, yet a previous meta-fact of Kary as town shooting you as mafia is irrelevant?

:glare: ???

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't understand Soup's reasoning for his thoughts in regards to me (since only one newer player is here, meaning everyone in the mafia at least has a general idea of who I am). I don't like how when someone responded to that, he shifted focus away from that part of the post altogether.

I don't agree with you in regards to your initial focus on Soup, nor do I really understand where you're coming from. Gheb is pretty well known for being confrontational and antagonistic (or at least he was when I played). It's not reason to shoot Gheb of course, but it's definitely reason to joke about shooting him. Only reason I don't find it suspicious is because SOMETHING needed to happen to get us out of the gate and I assume that's what you were going for. Outside of that, I don't have much to say in regards to your slot.

I don't mind Gheb at all so far, and I definitely understand his logic. The only problem I see of saying "don't shoot Kary/Soup" is that while you two haven't shown any legitimate scummy intention, literally no one has shown anything, so throwing you two out of the equation when no one's really been put into it doesn't make sense to me.

Del's response to Maven is... weird and a little bit of an over-reaction imo. Outside of that he's a-okay imo.

Maven is forgettable. I'll wait for him to do a bit more before I make an official read, but I like what he's done so far.

So all-in-all I have no idea what the **** I'm doing. Thank goodness I have a gun.

Maven89

Smash Master
I haven't seen almost nothing of real note so far, the only early thing that peaked my interest was Kary going for Soup, because I figured Kary knew better then to push that, I already posted how I felt the post was pretty clearly taken as largely a joke. And while I liked her post saying "your lynchpool is awful", it was just because of the "you're in it" line, I do want her to explain why she thinks the rest is awful.

Well boi what type'a conclusion were ya lookin for? Want me to go ahead n spell out the state of the gaame fer ya? Shoo ,maybe I'll go ahead and put a bib on ya while I spoonfeed ya eveey thought I have about this game.

But seriously I think there's a benefit to just lettin' things happen, and who's to say that publicly announcin' a conclusion is even worth it? I ain't got much yet, if you're lookin' fer SOMETHING.
Then there's this. This seemed unormally antagonistic from him and I find it odd that he's upset I asked him for his opinion. If there wasn't a deadline tomorrow or no-votes I'd vote this

Top Bottom