• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J's Quick Popcorn Mafia! D4 Totoro's Dilemma Ends 12/22; 12pm EST

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I am feeling that since there is about a week and we have not had one of these in a long while, let's have a quick 6 person game since we have no games running currently and Bardull's will not be starting for at least a week so I thought this would be nice to have. Even if it continues when Bardull's game starts, that would be dandy since this will be really fast paced. I'm running this a bit quicker paced so it is less rigorous and that players will be able to get a quick mafia fix if need be. If this goes well, I am probably turning this thread into a Popcorn Mafia Series where I'll host different variations of small fast paced games especially during the lull of games that seems to happen every now and then since we are pretty good at ending games at near the same time. This can also be open to other hosts because I know, personally, I'll want to take a stab at this myself and I'd like to share the love of hosting a quick game to hosts.

If you are new to hosting a Mafia game and would like to take a stab at this as well, I would be more than happy to turn the thread over to you for a bit in order to acquaint yourself with hosting a game at small size. The game sizes will only be 5-6 people and the deadlines will be really short. If you wanted to add vote-counts to practice, this could be a place to do as such too with discussion due to Popcorn Mafia being a different form of the game.

Anyways, let's have some fun and play some Popcorn Mafia! I hope ya'll enjoy the first flavor. I have role PMs already written for all 6 of the Movies shown in this picture as well so all it takes is people just signing up and I'll start it as quick as I can.

Set-Up

Popcorn Mafia - Original

6-Players: 2 goons, 4 town
Night 0 the goons choose a player to give the gun.
Day Phase: Player with gun can shoot. If the person shoots town, then the player holding the gun dies and the gun is passed on to the player he shot. If he shoots a goon, then the goon dies and he keeps the gun. Town wins when both goons have been shot. Goons win when only 1 town is left.

Sign-ups

1. Soup
2. Maven
3. Gheb
4. Joey
5. Kary
6. Delamar​

Fundamentals

1.) Have fun with this game! Keep any and all personal attacks out.
2.) Once you die, you may make one "Bah go town/mafia!" post.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) There is no editing of your posts. Instead of editing use EBWOP: (edit by way of post) which is simply double posting. You can post as many times as you would like! Just don't edit any of them.
6.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
7.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
8.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
10.) If you fail to send me your night action, no action will occur!
11.) Failing to follow the rules will result in a forced-replacement or modkill up to my discretion.

Special Rules: *Regarding Activity, Please Read!*

1. Deadlines will be 72 hours from start of day with brief twilight debating on when I get into the thread, but flips will be quick to continue the game.
2. Prods will be given every 36 hours if a slot has not posted.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances.
4. Think of the game as a ticking time bomb. If a person fails to shoot within the 72 hours, the gun will kill themselves in an explosive manner and the game mod will provide a new gun at complete random to a member of the Town faction.
5. There will be no night phases besides N0 where Mafia will pick a gun within 24 hours. If they do not, the gun will be assigned at complete random to a member of the Town Faction.
6. There is no voting system unless the players decide to implement one themselves. Mod will not give vote-counts due to nature of the game. Solely up to the players.

I believe that is everything, if I missed anything just lemme know and I can adjust things, but I feel this is okay to launch!

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Cool! This means the game is filled and I will be sending out Role PMs now!

It is Officially Night 0. No more posting in the thread till I start the day.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In the enchanting world of Hayao Miyazaki, many different memories have been created due to one man's vision to create stories that will inevitably change how people see the world. These world's are not meant to always be happy and in a certain ways all of the stories have evil to them. With the story being told with this game, two memories have become corrupt and need to be settled down.

Time is running out.

The only tool given to figure out which memory has fallen into it's darker meaning is a special gun that brings forth the good in a memory's heart again. However, with great hope there is also great despair. If the person with the gun chooses the wrong memory, the gun will work inversely and shatter that memory from being blissful. They will turn to darkness. With that in mind, the dark memories have decided to give this special gun with the power to save them or doom everyone to one person to start.

Joey, Ponyo, has control of the gun. May he choose wisely for the sake of all.

Day 1 will end on 12/15 at 12pm EST

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The rationale to choose Joey was probably made by people who either haven't played with Joey or are aware how emotional he can get at times.

That being said, we shoot Gheb.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll have you know I've been sober of emotions for 3 whole months. Mafia's intentions are ****ing shot, now.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
The rationale to choose Joey was probably made by people who either haven't played with Joey or are aware how emotional he can get at times
So... What you're sayin' is they either know him or they don't?

#HBC | ѕoup

Gheb will probably ignore anything if I didn't say it was serious; can we pretend it is?

#HBC | ѕoup

Joke's on you, you're scum!
If you honestly believe this then I implore Dooms Dooms to shoot me right now to show how wrong you would be. You took RVS intent and throwing minor shade at Gheb like some de facto argument when it was clear I was just being facetious.

#HBC | ѕoup

I have no feeling towards Kary right now; I'd prefer being clear.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If you honestly believe this then I implore Dooms Dooms to shoot me right now to show how wrong you would be. You took RVS intent and throwing minor shade at Gheb like some de facto argument when it was clear I was just being facetious.
I feel that Gheb is a poor choice for an RVS waggon. I feel that you are asking people to 'roll with it' instead of actually scumhunting. I don't want to 'just shoot you now' because that isn't a good equity move. I just want you to explain yourself.

It's 1am here so there is no way Gheb is actually checking this tonight anyways.

Top Bottom