• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it, I fear it may just be more and more trailers of their upcoming spinoffs. There's still that big concert in April where they probably want to feature a LOT of upcoming Persona news, which unfortunately may also include Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I highly doubt it, I fear it may just be more and more trailers of their upcoming spinoffs. There's still that big concert in April where they probably want to feature a LOT of upcoming Persona news, which unfortunately may also include Smash.
They specifically said Persona 5 R news though

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Is anyone gonna try to watch a japanese stream of it?

Usually i'd wait for a fansub, but I've watched enough anime that it may be worth it even if i dont understand everything. Not sure.
If I'm not even awake in time then i mean it's moot, but still wondering if someone's gonna try watching it.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Looks like tomorrow at around 8am or 9am est we will know.

Hoo boy. Hope this is substantial. Maybe we'll know what exactly it is and what the new features are.
Really hope its substantial too. I still firmly expect it'll be somewhat vague and we won't really know until SEGA FES, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Is anyone gonna try to watch a japanese stream of it?

Usually i'd wait for a fansub, but I've watched enough anime that it may be worth it even if i dont understand everything. Not sure.
If I'm not even awake in time then i mean it's moot, but still wondering if someone's gonna try watching it.
I'll be asleep! But it will be on Crunchyroll tomorrow as well, so you don't have to wait long for the official sub.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, I wouldn't mind watching the anime version of Devil Children...If it had fansubs past the first episode, I know **** Eater Subs have a responsibility doing Dr. Slump and all (yes, that is the group's actual name).

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
D2QR-M8WkAABvHa.png large.png

I posted it in the general thread too, but here's a list of timezones, and when the announcement is happening in each of them.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Really hope its substantial too. I still firmly expect it'll be somewhat vague and we won't really know until SEGA FES, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I'll be asleep! But it will be on Crunchyroll tomorrow as well, so you don't have to wait long for the official sub.
It's mostly for the hype of seeing the announcements afterwards. I doubt that'll be on crunchyroll, and by then the news will be out :p

Basically if I wake up in time i'll check. If anyone finds a livestream, maybe they could share a link here. Kinda thinking it's all too early and we might just talk about the news later anyway.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
On a side note, I wouldn't mind watching the anime version of Devil Children...If it had fansubs past the first episode, I know **** Eater Subs have a responsibility doing Dr. Slump and all (yes, that is the group's actual name).
Yeah, that would be nice to be able to watch... I'd like some more Devil Children...

Also this is happening.

Even if Persona is leaving its PS4 exclusivity behind it, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave us an English version of the P5R trailer during the Sony Direct. Given how P1 was on the PS Classic, it sounds to me like they're kind of trying to have it both ways.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Dude Hifumi is my girl I would be so excited by this. I kinda wished she was part of the phantom thieves but I still romanced her just the same.
Did you know she was originally intended to be one of the phantom thieves? They cut her out because they thought the game would be too long.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Did you know she was originally intended to be one of the phantom thieves? They cut her out because they thought the game would be too long.
That actually wasn't quite the case! During development, they'd originally had two strategist type characters - Makoto, as a more rational one, and then another character, who'd be more radical in their strategizing. They eventually combined both ideas into Makoto, and later used the second character design they'd had for a completely different character.

Here's some info about it from the artbook! Hifumi herself was never meant to be a part of the party, but there was originally a completely different character that used the character design that eventually became Hifumi.

Pretty interesting stuff!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I still need to play the game. I have it but i have such a backlog. Teacher though is the best side character i have seen and i want to see more of her.

Normally if i have a female option to play as i do that, but if persona 5 r has that option... i wont be able to woo the teacher... tough choices

amageish

Smash Master
I still need to play the game. I have it but i have such a backlog. Teacher though is the best side character i have seen and i want to see more of her.

Normally if i have a female option to play as i do that, but if persona 5 r has that option... i wont be able to woo the teacher... tough choices
You may not be able to woo her, but I'd be very surprised if she didn't remain a confidant in the game. Persona 5 has confidants come with skills and benefits related to their work and it would be difficult to replace her skillset.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You may not be able to woo her, but I'd be very surprised if she didn't remain a confidant in the game. Persona 5 has confidants come with skills and benefits related to their work and it would be difficult to replace her skillset.
Thats true. Still from what i have seen and read about her she deserves to find some love

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
They cut out Hifumi and gave her remains to Makoto, hence why Makoto does things that would be more appropriate for a shogi player.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
just one night of sleep left and tomorow we finally get a little bit of something :)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am curious, what sort of Persona 5 spin off's wold you guys like to see?
That's a toughy. After a dancing game, i feel like the sky's the limit :p

How about a strategy game. But i dont mean a turn-based one. Like real-time, or a mix. Make it have some dungeon crawling in there too and i'd find that really fun XD

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's a toughy. After a dancing game, i feel like the sky's the limit :p

How about a strategy game. But i dont mean a turn-based one. Like real-time, or a mix. Make it have some dungeon crawling in there too and i'd find that really fun XD
That could be interesting, though I tend to prefer turn based mechanics over real time. Just what I am more familiar with.

My boring answer would be a racing game. I would hope it takes inspiration from games like Mario Kart in it's mechanics. My more interesting answer would be a Persona Warriors game, as that would be a great combination of flashy action and style.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That could be interesting, though I tend to prefer turn based mechanics over real time. Just what I am more familiar with.

My boring answer would be a racing game. I would hope it takes inspiration from games like Mario Kart in it's mechanics. My more interesting answer would be a Persona Warriors game, as that would be a great combination of flashy action and style.
Oh I love strategy rpgs, it's just ive played a lot of them and i wouldnt mind something different :p
Also seems cool to have characters with personas moving around real time.

Wasnt there some racing stuff in the persona 5 leaks going around? I dont know how a racing game could take advantage of personas, but who knows.
warriors game could easily work tho

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I love how many people we get coming in here going "OMG I just played Persona 5 after Joker got announced and now it's my number 1/ one of my top 5 games!" I wonder how many other threads here get that so consistently.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I love how many people we get coming in here going "OMG I just played Persona 5 after Joker got announced and now it's my number 1/ one of my top 5 games!" I wonder how many other threads here get that so consistently.
Well, when Erdrick was being talked about we had a lot of conversations in the Square Enix thread and tons of people ended up wondering which Dragon Quest games would be good to get into. Some people really liked them, and a few had trouble getting into them. I think most people end up liking them, but it does take to like certain rpgs to enjoy them. Personally I also like the spin-off series quite a lot, and i think people who have trouble getting into the mainline series could try those too.

As for Persona, I really like the sim system, so that would always be something i can enjoy in persona that i cant get in other rpgs, and I really like the persona system, but i would say that im not particularly a fan of the weak spots system. I find that it gives way too much momentum, and I'd prefer a mode where enemies are still weak to certain elements but dont get knocked down. It'd also increase the dificulty which would be fine if things can still be grinded for the better. That could include motivation for confidants and everything. I dont mind a tad bit of grind (so long as it's not too easy to fail the story or something)(

There could possibly be a few other things that could be added to combat to make it more interesting. Maybe they will in the future. And if not i mean it's still ok, I just think it could be better too. Maybe im picky too sometimes :p I look forward to what they come up with next.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I am curious, what sort of Persona 5 spin off's wold you guys like to see?
For an impractical option, I want a Persona puzzle visual novel starring all of the ~6 party members from Persona 2-5 who become police officers or detectives after the end of the games story. It can be Ace Attorney or Professor Layton style; I mostly just want there to be some payoff to having so many characters end up working in law enforcement.

For a more practical option, some sort of multiplayer party game I can subject my friends to would be cool.

Also, like, if Crypt of the NecroDancer is now casually getting crossovers, then I'd be down to throw Joker into that... I know Persona has a rhythm game series of its own, but NecroDancer is one of my favourite indie games and playing it to Persona music (without the needing to use mods) would be a dream.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For those of you who couldn't watch the stream live, P5R is "Persona 5 The Royal". We got a short trailer of a red-haired girl in a Shujin Academy uniform standing in the middle of a crowd.

A red-haired girl, might I add...

WITH A PONYTAIL

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Son of a vitch, it was true after all! Looks like Joker IS getting the Robin/Corrin treatment.

Still though That April 24 announcement, I hope that doesn't mean Joker's Smash reveal isn't delayed...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, holy ****.

She looks cute! Kind of like my fave protagonist, P3P Heroine. I hope if this is a full new female route and not just a side story they treat it with the love and care they did for her. A well-done female route could add a ton of replayability to P5.

If it's just "you can date the boys now!!!" I'll be disappointed. Give me some new perspectives. And let me be gay as both of them. Don't let me down, Atlus.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here's the trailer for those who need to see it.

Yeah that looks like a female MC with a Pony tail, so we'll have the female version in smash too. As for 4/26, that is still april, and they said Joker is out in april

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, holy ****.

She looks cute! Kind of like my fave protagonist, P3P Heroine. I hope if this is a full new female route and not just a side story they treat it with the love and care they did for her. A well-done female route could add a ton of replayability to P5.

If it's just "you can date the boys now!!!" I'll be disappointed. Give me some new perspectives. And let me be gay as both of them. Don't let me down, Atlus.
I think she has a great design but it kinda looks like P3P Heroine 2.0

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is this a remake or a sequel of the original game? Which I still have yet to finish. I've just been bogged down with video games.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I now see people thinking she might just be another Marie (god I hope not...) as her lapel lists her as a 1st year student, as opposed to 2nd year.

That or maybe they might actually go an extra mile and give her an original story with alterations.

Top Bottom