• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the [Deus de Animus] Guild; a guild for Ike players!

D

Deleted member

I'll join.

I wanna face Windlord at some point. EPIC BATTLE COMMENCE.

D

Deleted member

LOL, same. I haven't played Melee in so long (broken discs, I blame my brothers, e.g n00bs).

Epic sig by the way. I love those sprites.

Gutts

Smash Cadet
I wanna be in on this :D

Although, I won't have a copy myself until the NA release... But a local store has it and Ike is BEAST

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Great guild and all, but I hope you know Deus de Animus isn't proper Latin. Deus should be genitivus. And you know what it means right?

Allin

Smash Journeyman
You mean the Genitive Jumpman >.> Im pretty sure Genitivius is a disease and yes it is improper

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You mean the Genitive Jumpman >.> Im pretty sure Genitivius is a disease and yes it is improper
I'm sure that's how they call it in Latin >.>
Don't you think it would be weird if every country would give New York a different name? I just copied it. (not all: GENITIVUS)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
JEN-A-TIV-E-US is what he is saying, the disease is:
GIN-JA-VI-TUS

on a side note: guild names don't have to be proper, god knows half the slang alive right now Isn't proper.
You're absolutely right. I just wanted to tell you guys. Some of you might find it disturbing or 'dumb'. I just wouldn't want your guild to have a grammatically incorrect name.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
this is so gay.
I've only seen you in two topics, one you said this thread fails, and this topic... your a very diverse person!!! ;)

You're absolutely right. I just wanted to tell you guys. Some of you might find it disturbing or 'dumb'. I just wouldn't want your guild to have a grammatically correct name.
Afraid I'm not in this guild, I'm in the (supposedly) rival guild of this, It's just too hard for me to ignore a popular Ike thread no matter what the topic be(unless we are talking about that ike= gay topic, I might look away from that one)

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
LOL, same. I haven't played Melee in so long (broken discs, I blame my brothers, e.g n00bs).

Epic sig by the way. I love those sprites.
I play melee all the time but latley I can only get 5 or so matches and the my wii gives me an error and won't play the disk :(

Thanx! Abysswolf made the sprites he and I are friends on Deviantart^_^

I did make the sig though.

Gutts

Smash Cadet
Wait, Gutts, a local store has it...?! WHAT LOCAL STORE?!
A local game store called Game Universe. It's a store located in the basement of a Chinese restaurant in Framingham, MA. They just imported a copy of it, along with a Japanese Wii... so we've been playing it there on their 42" LCD >_>

The next time I go, I'll try to record a match of my Ike vs KDJs Marth or something :p

D

Deleted member

I play melee all the time but latley I can only get 5 or so matches and the my wii gives me an error and won't play the disk :(

Thanx! Abysswolf made the sprites he and I are friends on Deviantart^_^

I did make the sig though.
*nods*

Happens to me when i just put the thing in. I must have gone through five or six Melees by now. :(

Where the heck did you get the pic from? Screengrab? I want it lol.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
*nods*

Happens to me when i just put the thing in. I must have gone through five or six Melees by now. :(

Where the heck did you get the pic from? Screengrab? I want it lol.
I got it from one of the first Brawl Info leak topics, but since alot of people seem to want it I'm gonna upload it to my photobucket so I can jsut post it when people ask lol.

here it is. (free crappily rendered version included)

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Welcome everyone. ^^

Yeah, Deus de Animus wins by a large margin. And I prefer the name Deus, since it can also mean God. >_>

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Dues de Animus is right up the Xenogears alley, although it's just a couple latin words pushed together that don't make since. I guess it could mean God from Spirit, but it's not completly right. Then again, the title was the only reason I stopped in, so I'd keep it.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
"Deus de Animus"?

Someone needs to learn Latin. "Animus" is nominative, it should be ablative. Use "Animo".

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Thank you for the correction, not being sarcastic, but as wrong as it might be, I think "Deus de Animus" sounds cooler than "Deus de Animo". The objective is not to create a correctly structured Latin phrase, but make a catchy title that kinda translates to a cool meaning. ^^

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Reo's back.

I like the name, no matter what it means.

Welcome newcomers.

And enshoku, neither death nor myself can allow you to kill torchik. Sorry, youll have to dream of killin someone else. lol

Speakin of torchik, do you think you could fix my sig.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that's great. Well i think im gonna call it a night. I'll catch up on the appreciation thread in the mornin. Gnite.

Top Bottom