• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JLB An MD crew......We coming back!?

Lukky

Smash Cadet
We should try to play sometimes soon, I work on tuesday have a late class on wednesday and work on thursday so I'm feeling like wednesday should be the day to make moves, if someone hosts a lil smashfest I can meet ya'll there after my class

Oh and for the people staying in the hotel in Philly I need the money as soon as possible, the people playing on wednesday should give it to me then, everyone else should call me or something so I can find out about collection

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo, Me and Vist are going to yoster's on wednesday. We're teaming at COT4 so we need the practice. WE'll probably heading towards the Clay Cooter's place also. call Yoster up and see if you guys can come. Also, Vist is replaceing Matt's spot in the hotel room. Is everyone cool with that?(He's paying too)

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah Gimr, I told everyone yesterday and they are cool with it. Is anyone taking a tv? If so we do have room for it. plus you do get 5 off.

I'll try to come out tomorrow but I can't be out late.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo,are u guys gonna call yoster to see if u can come smash?

Lobos

Smash Master
God is my rock, you should really consider this for brawl till you fall .....quoted from Alphazealot

Someone (I think maybe it was Edreese) once suggested that the rule against "No planking" should be rewritten to "No one may grab the edge more than x times in a match", the number he suggested was 70, a number apparently borrowed from Japanese rule sets. This means enforcing planking would be easy - you simply check the "edge grab" statistic at the end of the game and if its over 70 then the opponent gets an automatic win.

There was way more planking/ledge stalling than I have ever seen at cot4.....even Plank doesn't do planking too much.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
God is my rock, you should really consider this for brawl till you fall .....quoted from Alphazealot

Someone (I think maybe it was Edreese) once suggested that the rule against "No planking" should be rewritten to "No one may grab the edge more than x times in a match", the number he suggested was 70, a number apparently borrowed from Japanese rule sets. This means enforcing planking would be easy - you simply check the "edge grab" statistic at the end of the game and if its over 70 then the opponent gets an automatic win.

There was way more planking/ledge stalling than I have ever seen at cot4.....even Plank doesn't do planking too much.
yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea =)

Lobos

Smash Master
Are you allowed to grab a pass for another person? I doubt they'll let someone take more than one.
No you can either say you lost your badge and get another one (i think they charge you for an extra this year :( but its not much )

or

Someone can lend me theirs during the tournament so I can get in the game room to play and give it back of course......I did that once for someone when I went out to eat and chill in my hotel room

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
guys, if you guys are coming to Katsu then u should visit for brawl that weekend. I live at the Buchanan hotel, nearby the place. I can use the practice.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. The weather is getting warmer (due to global warming...) and yesterday I played Brawl for the first time in months... Anyway, I need some serious practice cuz my handz kept trying to wave dash and other obsolete stuff. Well, I will check back next month to.

Lukky, just call any evening to get your glasses.

$TYL

Smash Rookie

I'd say you're gonna have to give that number a lot of good testing to see if it's decent, maybe it'll end up being best past 50, maybe 100. Keep in mind characters who tend to have good/bad ledge game as well (number might be bettter as super-low for ICs considering they could just try to land on stage after 2nd climber dies, which could be somewhat exploitable if the number is fairly high).

Lukky

Smash Cadet
LMAO greatest team name ever and yeah if I'm free that weekend (I think I should be) we can make that happen

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
...just got the wii back. Time to become the greatness that I once was.

I'm attending that B-More tourney too so lets get it in

We need to get a practice session in as soon as possible too. When is everyone free?​

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
The stars must have aligned cuz I just watched to Brawl vids and actually want to play again (that and lack of sleep...). I am free monday if anyone interested in whipping me back in shape.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
The stars must have aligned cuz I just watched to Brawl vids and actually want to play again (that and lack of sleep...). I am free monday if anyone interested in whipping me back in shape.

We're playing at my crib at around 6 tomorrow. That's a public announcement btw. pm me if you need details

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
I had to miss it yesterday. Had to take the kids swimming and stuff. Anyway, hit me up if yall doing anything this weekend.

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah, weekdays aren't really good for me right now. Saturday and sundays are the best days for me.

Also good **** updating the 1st page and sig, this sig is nice!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
P~S should be kicked out, he's a traitor

Pyronic Star
2:26:43 PM Stephen Silver: You wanna' be a Clay Cooter?
2:26:57 PM ace13crd: ummmmmm
2:27:01 PM ace13crd: super random
2:27:04 PM Stephen Silver: You know you want.
2:27:07 PM Stephen Silver: To.
2:27:09 PM ace13crd: haha
2:27:23 PM Stephen Silver: You don't have to decide.
2:27:38 PM Stephen Silver: But... do you?
2:27:48 PM ace13crd: i don't have to decide yet? or like period? lol
2:27:59 PM Stephen Silver: Your answer won't affect anything. It's not a contract.
2:28:15 PM ace13crd: lol
2:28:43 PM ace13crd: well do i want to, never really thougth about it because i don't play with any of you outside of tournies
2:29:02 PM ace13crd: but would it be an upgrade from JLB? unfortunately... yes

Top Bottom