• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan Dead at 28

Grandeza

Smash Master
What an awful way to end 2009 :( The Rev was an awesome drummer and I love Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn't believe it when my friend informed me about this yesterday.

The band has posted this Facebook note in response to The Rev's death:

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time.
Jimmy you are forever in our hearts.
We love you.

M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/29/the-rev-dead-drummer-jimm_n_405879.html

sammy p

Smash Lord
wow 2009 HAS been a terrible year..... :( although i have to say, i NEVER listened to their music, but my friends do, and they are distraught

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I was never a big fan of the band, but his drumming was quite gnarly, it's always sad to see a great musician die.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I hope the band recover and keep going.

A lot of people don't like them but their guitarists are unbelievable.

The world of metal takes another loss........sigh

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
OLD news.

Did you know 74 celebs died this year? I knew it was at least 15, but not 75.

RIP rev.

Top Bottom