• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's Video Critique Thread

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I like your spacing a lot better than almost every player I see for the first time here. Nice job. But you made stupid mistakes that are easily remedied. Like the fact that you are on the ground way too much, especially against a Kirby. His ground game kills you, be careful. Its essentially your ground game but better in every way.

Also, don't use D-tilt ever.

Next, if a Kirby uses rollout, hold shield. He gets insane lag if you shield it so it sets up an F-smash.

Also, nice grab work.
Awesome, thanks. ^_^; I guess that any ground game for Jiggs is bad ground game for Jiggs. Probably need to brush up on my matchups, though. This board really needs to speed up its character discussions (I'm not one to complain, though, since I contribute nothing). I seem to have this addiction to spot dodging that I can't really get over. Oh, well. Everything changes with practice I guess. Thanks again, dude.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Awesome, thanks. ^_^; I guess that any ground game for Jiggs is bad ground game for Jiggs. Probably need to brush up on my matchups, though. This board really needs to speed up its character discussions (I'm not one to complain, though, since I contribute nothing). I seem to have this addiction to spot dodging that I can't really get over. Oh, well. Everything changes with practice I guess. Thanks again, dude.
I really liked your jigglypuff. You were VERY defensive, but you need to be a little more offense. Balance them out. You did pretty good, a perfect starter main jiggs. Ans starter is kind of a weak word, but i dont want to use the word medium.....

:chuckle: you are a medium jiggs :chuckle:

(dont listen to alex.... use D-tilt if you want xD)

PND

Smash Champion
Dtilt is terrible, don't listen to MWuz. There's a reason the top Jiggs don't use certain moves.

Trust me, I've put the effort in and done extensive testing on Dtilt to see if it had a saving grace. Guess what? It doesn't.

(I didn't watch the video yet, but I'll get around to commenting on a couple and edit them in here.)

Glick

Smash Lord
glick youve got some unbelievable combos. the only problem is it seems like offline people would be able to airdodge a lot easier (and i dont think your rollouts would be as effective), offline videos would show me how much more conservative you need to be.
I agree. However when I play offline I shield pierce more often. Online it usually just happens and I'm like sweet. Offline I do it on purpose. I have more accuracy and I can actually poke with my little pink feet. For some reason I think my rollouts are more effective offline. Because I do crazy air mind games. Online I just shoot it at them and don't bother sniping. Offline I do fun things like rollout shield poking(ITS REAL). Aiming at their head is a sure hit a lot of the times.

Also, woodman your style is different. My style involves spamming pound in a smart manner instead of fair. Yours involves using small ranged attacks and wasting fair a lot. I disagree with your style but its your style and your using it not me.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Dtilt is terrible, don't listen to MWuz. There's a reason the top Jiggs don't use certain moves.

Trust me, I've put the effort in and done extensive testing on Dtilt to see if it had a saving grace. Guess what? It doesn't.

(I didn't watch the video yet, but I'll get around to commenting on a couple and edit them in here.)
Exactly, M-Wuz is completely wrong here. D-tilt and sing should not be used.

And great spacing once again. It could use a little bit of work, but its better than most Jigglypuff's I see.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKnfavJDfhQ

Well he may not be the best Kirby, but it was an accurate estimate of how I play against everyone.(read: not Ike/Snake)

Thoughts?

Oh, and NO that is not a Wifi match.

Critique already done, but should be posted here because it belongs here.
IMO, the kirby wasn't good enough to show much. I'd mostly say conserve Fair for killing, not damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sy3aMBr0jE vs sir orion

just a wifi friendly but tell me watcha think ;o
Is that the Sir Orion who claims that Jigglypuff is Min 30/70 against yoshi?

Anyways, less DACUS. Usmash has a good amount of lag to punish if predicted/avoided. Very good, espically since wifi and jiggs don't mix for s***. And nice rest at the end.

Metatitan

Smash Master
dacus works really nicely on yoshies in the air so thats y i used it so much. its also flashy :3

-edit and yes orion changed his mind about the matchup after our friendlies

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
dacus works really nicely on yoshies in the air so thats y i used it so much. its also flashy :3

-edit and yes orion changed his mind about the matchup after our friendlies
I know. I just though it was used to the point of predictability. Still good.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMichael posting:

I still think 60/40 Yoshi is ridiculous. I'd put it 55-45 jiggs favor in all honesty, although I'd be contented enough with 55-45 Yoshi favor.

Metatitan

Smash Master
eh mabey if all the jiggs mastered rest interupts but yoshi's grabs are just too **** good

-oh and tell mike i said hi

Veril

Frame Savant
Where art thou (Mike)?

I'm afraid to post here lol. I'm so harsh with my own games already, I don't want to throw them to the internet wolves :p

Veril

Frame Savant
O.o

reserved for some video... Ideally one in which I don't own or get owned, aren't f***ing around with rest the whole time, don't embarrass myself and haven't already extensively reviewed.

I promise nothing! "hides"

D

Deleted member

I wanna see Verils propuff =P

Meta, critiques: Dont roll behind me too much.

Veril

Frame Savant
This isn't really for critique... its just really cool. Jigglypuff for the improbable win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdhqCZUO_A

I know I make a lot of mistakes... I was sorta burnt out from school, sick family members... johnz

I do lots of weird stuff in it :p... lots of messing around lol

Seriously though, its got a good example of wavelanding.

Metatitan

Smash Master
This isn't really for critique... its just really cool. Jigglypuff for the improbable win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdhqCZUO_A

I know I make a lot of mistakes... I was sorta burnt out from school, sick family members... johnz

I do lots of weird stuff in it :p... lots of messing around lol

Seriously though, its got a good example of wavelanding.
lol 2 rest kills in one match nice. get a whole match up tho ;o

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
...don't critique me from those, only Meta. <___<;;

I would say that those were old and therefore, I suck, but I'm pretty sure those were from our recent matches (when he rested me out of my own drillrest).

Uh. I suck vs. Meta. Don't judge me. D:

[/johnz]

edit: actually, judge me too. I wasn't playing so bad, Meta was just playing (and resting) better.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
meta's one of the magical jiggs, so it's hard to judge technical skill against him.

For instance we did a match where he didn't rest to see my skill and I beat him, but as soon as he pulled out rest it was a different story. :laugh:

please don't get me wrong i'm not saying magic jiggs is unfair, cause it's deffinately not. Just a different way of playing.

Veril

Frame Savant
meta's one of the magical jiggs, so it's hard to judge technical skill against him.

For instance we did a match where he didn't rest to see my skill and I beat him, but as soon as he pulled out rest it was a different story. :laugh:

please don't get me wrong i'm not saying magic jiggs is unfair, cause it's deffinately not. Just a different way of playing.
What does that mean?

Also, keep in mind how hard it is to use rest effectively in an offline tourney. I'm not up to the task yet (though I WILL get there... Glick... evil cynic :urg:). The thing is that stress is gonna throw you off, and as we all know, missed rest = lost stock or a buttload of damage. When I'm more comfortable in the scene I'll pull out the rest tricks but...

Magical Jiggs?

Top Bottom