• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's "Official" matchup list

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Not sure how many have you have seen the new matchup list, but the ones for jiggs are... a
little weird, really.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298484

So the her matchups against GaW, MK and Snake are all equal? She has an equally bad matchup against GaW and Falco?
She is better against Sheik than Zelda?

I'm not claiming her matchups should be much better than this list, but a lot of it looks just wrong to me.

Thoughts?

T-block

B2B TST
The final decisions were out of my hands, but the list doesn't look all that bad to me... I might have moved MK and Falco to -2 instead of -3, but I can certainly see how they might be considered -3.

The chart reads even with Zelda, slight disadvantage against Sheik =P

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Can you give other examples of what you think looks wrong?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
This list is hella bad,

Drop diddy to -1/0
Snake to -4
Falco to -1
Mk to -2
Ic to -2
Wario to -2

Blahblahblah, i could go on... Why are the. Actually good jiggly mains not involved?
:phone:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I died a little inside looking at this.

Her overall match-ups are not THIS bad. But w/e it dosn't make it official or anything so I dun really care about getting it changed.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well she sucks, no kidding. But I don't think her MUs are that bad. She goes even with almost all of the lowtier characters, but I can't really prove it because of the bias.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff wins alot of low tier tournaments when Ike isn't allowed. I can understand the bad matchups against the better characters but in lower tiers she does better.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The only bad low tier match up we have is yoshi and we do bad against all high tiers but falco and diddy.

We should let this list be and hope someone will actually try to 'counter' me with diddy or falco, the more people will think that she sucks this bad, the more advantage we have lmao.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think Diddy and Falco **** us hard. Why do you think they are even?
I agree with Exegg. Those two are our best matchups in the high tier area.

Against Diddy Kong, its a ground character vs arieal. Diddy Kong does not like arieal characters due to the fact that he can't trip them in the air and with the help of pound and our arieal molbility we can stay in the air even longer than Metaknight can. Without his banana combos Diddy will have to rely on other ways to kill which will make them both pretty much even in the killing department, the only thing different is that Jigglypuff can still gimp Diddy Kong while he can't gimp Jigglypuff.

Against Falco, it's hard for him to keep Jigglypuff away due to her small size and her arieal molbility, sure, this matchup isn't as easy as fighting Diddy and I wouldn't say its EVEN. But its slightly in Falco's favor.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think Falco is ok, except his Jab and lasers really limit our options while being totally safe.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I think Diddy and Falco **** us hard. Why do you think they are even?
Mostly what puffster said yeah, + rest kills both at like 70/80 and when in lead i find falco wayyyyyy more easy then diddy because he has to approach more and jiggs doesnt really have a bad time avoiding lasers and timing him out then if he would camp us.

I really think we should focus more on camping and rest if we wanna ''move the metagame up'' seriously it's what she is ''good'' at and gay at lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Playing gay is fun and resting is even more fun. No other reason to like Puff.

T-block

B2B TST
I don't agree with Falco -3, but I think -2 is accurate. Jigglypuff may have an easier time than most against lasers, but when she gets in, she still can't do much =\ Falco still has a super fast jab and fast, hard-hitting aerials. The thing Jigglypuff has in this matchup is that she can avoid the KO move pretty well if she wants to.

Diddy I would say -1 for sure.

For low tiers, we lose to Lucas for sure as well as Yoshi. Bowser surprised me, but Vex was sure it was a solid advantage for Bowser (maybe you could confirm, Jigglymaster? You're the one he played, no?). After that, Jigglypuff goes even or better with the rest of the low tiers, so I don't see what the problem is there.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I don't think we lose to lucas. And i wouldn't say -2 for falco either, I would rate both falco and diddy -1, oh and we deff. lose to bowser lol he has an grabrelease into uair which kills us at like 60 lol.

If I had the chance to move jiggs, she would be at the bottom of E tier.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
From my experience, Lucas is very hard compared to his tier placement. He is one of my hardest MUs with Puff.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Bowser surprised me, but Vex was sure it was a solid advantage for Bowser (maybe you could confirm, Jigglymaster? You're the one he played, no?).
Yeah me and Vex are good friends and we do play alot and I've played his bowser in low tiers and I got decimated. If Bowser grabs Jiggs he gets a free U air at the middle of the screen because of his grab release, which means Jigglypuff can die at like 50% to him. I'd have to play against him again to remember more about the matchup but he won it pretty easily.

Bowser >>>> Jiggs

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That must be it! :D I am approaching. I won't do that again :D
I live on da leeedgeee.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I was under the assumption that a global LGL was less common than an MK specific one, though?

Can't we do a match-up chart for both?

We can call one of them the "Correct" MU chart, and one of them the "Incorrect" MU chart. The incorrect one will obviously be the one with the global LGL.

T-block

B2B TST
Global LGL is definitely more common than MK-specific. Not gonna get into whether it's a good idea here, but just know that the BBR matchup chart assumes the existance of an LGL for Jigglypuff.

Cold Fusion

Even with an LGL, we can still kill loads of time by planking.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Even with an LGL, we can still kill loads of time by planking.
True. Though they still should do something about air planking. But in the meantime us Jigglys need to abuse it lol cause were the 2nd best at it (behind Metaknight)

Cold Fusion

True. Though they still should do something about air planking. But in the meantime us Jigglys need to abuse it lol cause were the 2nd best at it (behind Metaknight)
As long as they don't do that, I'll still be happy. But LGL + Norfair = :mad:.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nah, Wario doesn't have as many jumps and doesn't have the air speed we have so they'll catch him quicker. We are practically Sonic the Hedgehog in the air lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah but he has better aerials and mobility as a tradeoff. But we can instead stay in the air forever, but can't weave back and forth.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah but he has better aerials and mobility as a tradeoff. But we can instead stay in the air forever, but can't weave back and forth.
But we have pound which allows us to change our direction quickly even when we are completely out of jumps. I use pound alot to help trick the opponent into where I'm going and then get on the ground safely.

Cold Fusion

Well, we last much longer in the air that Wario. And we can technically scrooge, just not as good as MK.

T-block

B2B TST
^This is an excellent use for Pound that not a lot of people are fully conscious of. However, I think it's more the stall time that you get than the switch in direction that helps.

I fixed the typo in the thread title because it was bothering me.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
^This is an excellent use for Pound that not a lot of people are fully conscious of. However, I think it's more the stall time that you get than the switch in direction that helps.

I fixed the typo in the thread title because it was bothering me.
Like if I'm in the air I'll just float back and forth a couple times, do pound fowards and then fall backwards. That works alot. Of course I always mix things up because I don't want the opponent to predict where I'm going. You could say Pound is a last resort for getting back on the ground safely after you've used all your jumps.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Jigglymaster, do you use reverse pound? Like ya know press sideB left and suddenly press sideB right. It should look like a Pound without any startup. Surprises ppl.

Top Bottom