• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Being the Jigglypuff Belt Holder of the Online SSB I have some advice.

Most of my combos start up with an Up throw to an U-Air strait into a drill. I z-cancel and up-tilt till I'm able to short hop into them and do a rest. This can be a 0 to death combo on Ness, Kirby, and Jigglypuff.

Also for edgegaurding use a Neutral Air if they are coming from above and use Dsmash if they come from below. You can also short hop drill and opponent thats recovering next to the edge.

BTW I'm dapuffster on the net and I'm pretty sure I've played you b4. You should get in a match with me again so I can teach you more about jigglypuff.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
I don't really think anyone has their "own" combos. I guess, that's standard jigs combos right? Unless there's a touch to it or something....Were there title matches online or wat?

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
haha, i can just imagine jigglymaster having this huge shiny gold belt, the ones the wrestlers always strut around with, on his mantle with a giant embossed jigglypuff on it. that'd be great.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
haha, i can just imagine jigglymaster having this huge shiny gold belt, the ones the wrestlers always strut around with, on his mantle with a giant embossed jigglypuff on it. that'd be great.
HAHA WRESTLER!?

jigglymaster is puny; i saw him at one of sensei's tournaments :psycho:

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
jigglypuff is a waste of time
your a waste of time, if you have nothing constructive so say in this thread, don't say anything at all.

I like jigglypuff, one of my characters I use when I KB. I normally main with ness/kirby/jiggly on the N64 but i find jiggly's the easiest to use on KB.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I suck ****, if you have nothing constructive so(learn to spell) say in this thread, don't say anything at all.

I like daddy, one of my characters I use when I BJ. I normally main with big/horse/dix on the ranch but i find daddy's the easiest to use on BJ.
Ive corrected your sentences for you.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Being the Jigglypuff Belt Holder of the Online SSB I have some advice.

Most of my combos start up with an Up throw to an U-Air strait into a drill. I z-cancel and up-tilt till I'm able to short hop into them and do a rest. This can be a 0 to death combo on Ness, Kirby, and Jigglypuff.

Also for edgegaurding use a Neutral Air if they are coming from above and use Dsmash if they come from below. You can also short hop drill and opponent thats recovering next to the edge.

BTW I'm dapuffster on the net and I'm pretty sure I've played you b4. You should get in a match with me again so I can teach you more about jigglypuff.
Dapuffster, I've played you, and you're not the God that you think you are. Greenblob > You.

Are you joking? Jigglypuff cannot Uthrow, for starters. Next, you can't chain a Fthrow to an Uair vs Kirby and Jigglypuff, and thirdly that combo is a 0 -> death on Pikachu.

Also for edgegaurding use a Neutral Air if they are coming from above and use Dsmash if they come from below.

If you use Dsmash, they can reverse ledge DI.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
i like how i beat jigglymaster and whenever i do, he gets mad and leaves.

btw meownub, you can chain into an up air if you use joystick to jump

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I Have no clue what WoP is...
There is a different term of dash dancing on SSB64. It's bigger
Yes Z Canceling on ssb64 is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY Better then L Canceling on melee. Z Canceling makes an automatic recovery with no lag time...I Think. Ant-d is probley the one that knows the most on advance tech imo. So ask him about the lag thing. And all I Need to say is to use the most abused jiggly combo. Dair, U-Tilt, U-Tilt, U-Tilt, Jump, Rest

greenblob

Smash Lord
He was referring to the first post.
OK, so since the first post...
1. I've learned that bair/fair chains don't work very well, but they're decent combo setups at low percents. I've also learned how to space myself somewhat decently with nair spams.
2. When I was talking about z-canceling, I was referring to the drill kick. There's a very very small difference (from what I can detect, probably b/c I'm not fast enough to input an action immediately afterwards), but I z-cancel the drill anyway now.
3. I've developed a style that is very spacy--my main approach is either nonexistant (I let my opponent come to me) or very slow with short-hopped nairs followed into more nairs or possibly a grab or drill.
4. I can DD effectively and occasionally pivot.
5. I have an N64 controller adapter as well as an imitation-dualshock controller.

And I know the drill->utilt->rest combo. I spam it whenever possible, and in fact, I think I'm one of the people contributing to the rise in Jigglypuff players on Kaillera due to 5-stocking many of the newbies with pretty much this combo alone.

Anyway... I played Johnny last night, and the most I've gotten off of him was two stock, and I think, by the lack of DI in certain situations, that he was slightly sandbagging. Of course, it IS Johnny... Well, if you're reading this, Johnny, any comments/suggestions?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I Have no clue what WoP is...
There is a different term of dash dancing on SSB64. It's bigger
Yes Z Canceling on ssb64 is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY Better then L Canceling on melee. Z Canceling makes an automatic recovery with no lag time...I Think. Ant-d is probley the one that knows the most on advance tech imo. So ask him about the lag thing. And all I Need to say is to use the most abused jiggly combo. Dair, U-Tilt, U-Tilt, U-Tilt, Jump, Rest
WTF wheres your capitals??!

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
DaPuffster has a big ego xD

can anybody explain the slide rest/sing to me?

rokimomi

Smash Lord
For some reason I can't use the quote button.

^to pikashox

Teleport is just a full run then anytime after the run begins, press the opposite dirrection and jump, in that order, but right after one another. Then rest after wards. Ull rest and go up. Its not really accurate...at all...just really cool and gives u bragging rights.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
thanks rokimoni, i'll let you know how it works out

whaahppnd, that doesnt mean i know how to do it lol. and as long as you dont pull it off against me im happy.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Rocket Grunt sends out Jigglypuff!
(poof)

Player sends out Machoke!
Go get em' Machoke!
(hughuyhh)

Foe Jigglypuff uses Sing!
But it fails!

Machoke uses Cross Chop!
It's Super Effective!
Jigglypuff Fainted

You gain 820 Exp.
-----------
Machoke increased to Level 31!

Rocket Grunt: who da ***....
You get 3424yen

greenblob

Smash Lord
Two (or should I say one and a half) videos of me playing against Umbrasquall. I ran out of space half way through the second video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NMRDpXYGp5g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PddqOHS4oS8
And I lost the rest, if I remember correctly...
The videos don't contain any sound b/c I wanted to save space, and the sound would've been mostly clicking noises anyway.

Edit: it seems like the compressor did weird things to the video (slowing it down in some places, speeding it up in others).

greenblob

Smash Lord
I stand corrected...

Well, I have experimented chaining aerials with Jiggs before, but it's hard. You have to have the right spacing--not too close, or the opponent will fly the other way, and no too far, or else the opponent will be too far away next time. The most I've gotten was probably 3, 4 if you also count ones that don't work with the combo counter, but then again, almost every character can chain at least twice with aerials. This is fair/nair/bair of course, I can chain uairs semi-effectively, along with the uair (maybe 2x, usually once)>bair>drill>utilt>rest combo.

tutata

Smash Ace
Rember guys that the up tilt is one of the keys to rest. Also at low percentages u can grab,utilt,utilt,utilt " while moving up in a direction, like right with the oponent and then sleep " correct me if im wrong.

greenblob

Smash Lord
It works on Falcon and maybe Fox if you grab them at 0%.

And I think everyone here knows the utilt chain>rest combo.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
that's actually the worst combo ever since Falcon/Fox fall to the ground during your up-tilt spamfest at 0%, which makes it not a combo at all.

Top Bottom