• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
OMG, I swear I'm gonna lose my s**t if more people complain about Jigglypuff's inclusion, SHE'S BEEN IN ALL EFFIN GAMES FOR GAWD SAKES, RIGHT NOW SHE'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER POKEMON CHARACTER IN SMASH OTHER THAN PIKACHU, SO SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE AND GET THE EFF OVER IT!!! Jiggylpuff is in, your Pokemon of choice is not, DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Honestly though, I am absolutely relieved that Jigglypuff is part of the new Fairy-type now. It makes her relevant to the current generation and gives her more reason to be in SSB4 aside from being a veteran. This also means it's a great time for her to have a rebalanced moveset, considered she's been retconned in canon anyway.

Regardless of what they do with Jiggs, it'll still be fun to play as her.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
i'm kinda scared for her now that Sakurai basically confirmed there will be cuts because of the stupid 3DS T_T

We can't let this happen!!!!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm 101% sure all of the characters from Smash 64 will make an appearance.
May your **** be calmed.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I'm 101% sure all of the characters from Smash 64 will make an appearance.
May your **** be calmed.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Especially with the new roster choices he made. My **** with never be ****ing calm.

I'm gonna do something if she gets cut!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I see nothing wrong with these roster choices.

It seems like they're prioritizing alot of new characters over old ones this time around. Megaman and Pacman are icons and are seen (by the general public) as leagues above characters like Ness and Jiggs (who were almost cut in the past). I wouldn't put it past him to replace Jiggs with an awful clone like they were suppose to do with Ness.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It seems like they're prioritizing alot of new characters over old ones this time around. Megaman and Pacman are icons and are seen (by the general public) as leagues above characters like Ness and Jiggs (who were almost cut in the past). I wouldn't put it past him to replace Jiggs with an awful clone like they were suppose to do with Ness.
I don't see them cutting them though. Just not revealing them until later because they're probably unlockable veterans just like what he did for Brawl. iirc.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I don't see them cutting them though. Just not revealing them until later because they're probably unlockable veterans just like what he did for Brawl. iirc.

Many people didn't think Wii Fit Trainer would happen but it did. He also said that he couldn't make an animal crossing character playable but he did. Anything is possible at this point. Including cutting original characters over ****ty third parties. Sakurai is too full of surprises.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Many people didn't think Wii Fit Trainer would happen but it did. He also said that he couldn't make an animal crossing character playable but he did. Anything is possible at this point. Including cutting original characters over ****ty third parties. Sakurai is too full of surprises.
Everything he's revealed to this point has been fabulous, If it makes the game better then I don't care.
I still doubt he'll cut the originals.

grizby2

Smash Lord
all new entries so far are from new franchises. hmmm..
I seriously doubt they'll cut jiggly.
I really hope they introduce a fairy-type move! even if it is just an A-move.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Everything he's revealed to this point has been fabulous, If it makes the game better then I don't care.
I still doubt he'll cut the originals.

I do like wii fit trainer and villager but i just don't want Jiggs to be cut. Especially over Pacman and 3DS limitation!!

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't think there's anything to worry about in regards to Jigglypuff, she's easy to program, she reuses some of Kirby's animations, and I have a feeling Sakurai is fond of her as character, besides she has an original moveset which no other character can replicate, and not even mentioning her status as a 3-time veteran, very few Smash characters share that honor, I'm sure we will get to see Jigglypuff in glorious HD in Wii U and cel-shaded sexiness in 3DS.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Jiggs the Dragon Slayer is one of the Hidden 4, so it might be safe.

here's hoping it gets a moveset reboot.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So how did Megaman get both of his screenshots ready while WFT and Villager didn't? It's likely the trailer was planned for Villager, but intentionally leaving his screenshots on the Wii U version.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Both versions are going to be released at different times, it could be that the Wii U version is further along than the 3DS one therefore not having models or unfinished ones for the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I still believe that those only Wii U pics for Wii Fit Trainer and Villager are Wii U exclusive characters. It's possible..

Look at these.

Notice how in the bottom left corner it says Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS / for Wii U?

Why would they advertise these two characters for both games if they would only be exclusively playable in one version? That's false advertising. Just because Sakurai didn't take any screenshots of them in the 3DS version doesn't mean that they are cut from that version.
They may be still under development and aren't ready yet to show.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To identify what the games are and what systems they will be on.
Also they had the big time (About a year and half) to polish everything before E3 began. They had the time to make posters and other marketing things, but they there were only screenshots of WFT and Villager on the Wii U Version only. Doesn't that make you boggle?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To identify what the games are and what systems they will be on.
Also they had the big time (About a year and half) to polish everything before E3 began. They had the time to make posters and other marketing things, but they there were only screenshots of WFT and Villager on the Wii U Version only.

Yes and why do they include the 3DS for these two characters if they won't be in the game? Like I said, that is false advertising. If you promise something for both, then you should put them on both.

And seeing how Bowser still has some static bits and pieces in his animation that needed further work when I looked at him in Sakurai's nintendo direct (especially with his hands), I can firmly believe that they still aren't done yet with working on all the characters in the 3DS version.

Plus there is the fact he said that both versions will have the same number and library of characters. And the fact that Sakurai is generally just showing more images of the Wii U version than the 3DS version.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
What does everyone think of the possibility that Jigglypuff will be returned to its former glory in SSB4? I'm not terribly optimistic, but that would be pretty great...I'm bullish on Jig's inclusion, especially on account on the new fairy type. Jigglypuff: Dragon Slayer. Has a nice ring...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No way Jigglypuff will be as bad as in Brawl this time around, especially since balancing is a top concern this time around. I really do hope that it'll be at least decent this time around.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but with the new Fairy type in Pokemone, Jiggs might become part of that type, it would make some sense.

Could this mean if Jiggs comes back she may have a different move set? Maybe like, one move but still?

Edit: Felt like this could maybe fit. I was showing how Ness was hidden in the mash trailer and someone saw Jiggs ear maybe in the pic... You'll have to decide on that one, I can only 100% see Ness.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but with the new Fairy type in Pokemone, Jiggs might become part of that type, it would make some sense.

Could this mean if Jiggs comes back she may have a different move set? Maybe like, one move but still?
Yep, Jigglypuff is confirmed to be fairy type, along with Gardevoir, Marrill, and two new pokemon. This return to relevance in the pokemon franchise is a big reason why people are pretty confident that Jiggs will return in SSB4, along with the fact that she's been in the three previous games.

I probably wouldn't mind a new side special move or something.

Top Bottom