• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff improved?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Before I say anything.....I'm so glad jigglypuff made it!!! :chuckle:

Anyway, does anyone think jigglypuff is a bit faster this time around? I was watching a video of jiggs earlier and she was scooting around like a mad thing. :p

She definitly seems faster to me anyway, what do you guys think?

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
She runs faster,it's true,but she also falls a lot slower.Don't know if it's because of the new gravity or simply because the player wasn't fast falling.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
Well if she falls slower that just makes her recovery skills all the better. The fact that she runs faster makes it easier to dashgrab an opponent so this is great news for someone who mains females.:chuckle:

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
I might be wrong, but it looks like her mid air jumps go a lot higher and further.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
personally i find that the overall gameplay of brawl to be much slower than that of melee
but jiggly's speed does look improved, albeit others moving slower XD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Her pound is nerfed? NOOOOOOO!
Pound wasn't nerfed >_>

It sends them straight up and its perfect for Rest combos. If anything it got better.

Also rollout was one of her worst moves in brawl I could care less if it was nerfed.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Pound wasn't nerfed >_>

It sends them straight up and its perfect for Rest combos. If anything it got better.

Also rollout was one of her worst moves in brawl I could care less if it was nerfed.
wrong... it was terrible at competition level play, but it was incredible at mid-level play

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
wrong... it was terrible at competition level play, but it was incredible at mid-level play
exactly, but your wrong. Depending on how good jiggly is only counts in competitive gameplay and recently there aren't noobs in tournaments. I'm talkinga bout competition play because thats the level I play at.

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
About Rest - it looks better, in a sense - less lag time, less time for punishing - it's like a combo move, now, really.
And I agree with Jigglymaster - a whole lot of her moves seem to set up for combos, unlike in Melee where it was frustrating sometimes with the sort of randomness that you had to cope with when hitting an opponent.
I think Jiggs is much improved. And much more adorable =)!
There is still a lot to see - but what about resting an opponent like under a ledge - think maybe now she'd wake up in time to get back up?

Amide

Smash Lord
I'd report you but I know your cool so I'm not going to, lol.

So this isn't just a +1 post...

Dash attack, Rollout (but it still sucks), Dair, got buffed. That's pretty much it.

She doesn't even make those adorable noises when she dies... :(

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff boards have become emo. Or just depressing.
Don't ressurect threads, k? Uncool.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
I think this was all based on the 1st brawl videos on youtube, so yeah...

Jiggly actually looked good when people didn't know about the no-hitstun thing, BTW.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I think he is the same, because they nerfed rest (con) but they improved his arieals (pro)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
She doesn't even make those adorable noises when she dies... :(
This.

Back in Melee, I'd laugh when I died because I'd here those sounds.

UGH!!! when she died horizontally, and when she hit the screen in Melee..

JIGGULEE!!

Adorable and cute indeed.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, and I thought Pichu's death makes the world go round. -_-;

That and this topic is very old... but it doesn't matter, all I got to say is did everybody skills with Jigglypuff shake people or did it poke a hole?

Tyser

Smash Champion
Woodman's sig is hilarious for some reason.
"inventor of the backwards shield grab rollout cancel"
WTF is that? LOL!

Top Bottom