• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Gym Battle Speed Run

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I saw this thread and thought it might be interesting to try out this challenge. Not only will it be fun but it could possibly make us be better Trainers by using all of our moves and not always rely on using the same move to win us games.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7191526#post7191526

To combat this, I devised a bunch of challenges to have a huge variety of moves in my play style, and they've really worked wonders. Some challenges are easier than others, and some are difficult. At any rate, they are all possible, just take a lot of practice. So, I present to you, our way of EV training our Pokemon but with different Moves. For the Jigglypuff community.

Even if you already feel you're a well-rounded Trainer, these are nonetheless fun to attempt. Also, if you feel like adding a challenge, feel free to post, and I'll update this list. Most of all, have fun. That's what Brawl is meant to be after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Rules of Engagement:

Three stock matches
No Items
Level 9 CPU opponent (or less if you so desire)
If the rules of the challenge are broken, force-end the match.
Use a neutral course: Battlefield,Smashville,Yoshis Island,Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 1
Each challenge has an assumed difficulty level: Boulder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, Rainbow Badge, Soul Badge, Marsh Badge, Volcano Badge, Earth Badge.
Do your best to conquer each- every level offers a different kind of play.
Have the opponent be a random CPU. If you want to increase the difficulty, use common sense with your opponents. For example, for the challenge "Only KO by ledge-hogging", an opponent like Pit,Ike,Kirby,Toon Link will be much more difficult than say, Donkey Kong or Bowser.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move Set Limiations

Boulder Badge

- Do not use down smash
- Do not use foward smash
- Do not use back throw
- Do not use neutral AAA attacks

Cascade Badge

- Do not use any advance technique moves
- Do not use forward tilt
- Do not use down throw
- Do not use Rollout or Pound

Thunder Badge

- Do not use aerials with Jigglypuff
- Do not put your shield up
- Do not roll, sidedoge, or airdodge
- Do not use up smash
- Do not Up throw

Rainbow Badge

- Do not use Rollout, Pound, or Rest
- Do not use your back air
- Do not use the up air
- Do not edgeguard
- Do not Foward Throw

Soul Badge

- Do not use the same attack twice in a row
- Do not double jump
- Do not fastfall
- Do not use Foward tilt

Marsh Badge

- Do not use down air
- Do not use neutral air
- Do not dash dance
- Do not use down tilt

Volcano Badge

- Do not use Rollout, Pound, or Rest
- Do not use uptilt
- Do not use forward air
- Do not chaingrab
- Do not pummel (Hitting A while your grabbing the opponent)

Earth Badge

- Do not use Smash attacks
- Do not use Specials
- Do not grab
- Do not wallcling
- Fastfall every attack
- Use every tilt, and aerial.

Elite Four (MUST FIGHT FOUR OF YOUR PERSONAL HARDEST CPU'S. CANNOT CHALLENGE WITHOUT ALL EIGHT BADGES.)

- Do not use Smash attacks
- Do not use Specials
- Do not jump more than 3 three times in a row
- Fastfall every attack
- Use every tilt, aerial, and throw
- Must have a 50% handicap

See how many you can complete =D
Took this from the Pokemon Trainer boards and edited it to fit Jigglypuff. Added Elite Four myself.

We need videos for proof of your accomplishments.

Qualified Trainers:
Boulder Badge:

Cascade Badge:

Thunder Badge:

Rainbow Badge:

Soul Badge:

Marsh Badge:

Volcano Badge:

Earth Badge:

Pokemon League Champion:

I am posting this on all boards with Pokemon. This is an excellent way to capitalize on moves, especially when only a single move has an advantageous matchup against a character. It makes you more well-rounded and counters spamming while increasing move knowledge and thus move viability. Have fun! :D

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Took this from the Pokemon Trainer boards and edited it to fit Jigglypuff. Added Elite Four myself.

We need videos for proof of your accomplishments.

Qualified Trainers:
Boulder Badge:
Cascade Badge:
Thunder Badge:
Rainbow Badge:
Soul Badge:
Marsh Badge:
Volcano Badge:
Earth Badge:

I am posting this on all boards with Pokemon. This is an excellent way to capitalize on moves, especially when only a single move has an advantageous matchup against a character. It makes you more well-rounded and counters spamming while increasing move knowledge and thus move viability. Have fun! :D
that looks like fun. When im in the mood for some frustration I'll give it a go.:lick:

PND

Smash Champion
This intrigued me, so I sort of played something along these lines today.

Instead of putting restrictions on myself, I grouped all the characters into badge categories, put all the badge characters on a team and assigned them a stage that I though made sense(Lvl 9 CPU, Team Attack On, 1 Stock [to stop transformations]). It worked out pretty well, and was pretty fun while it lasted. I only made it to the second Elite 4 match before I had to quit, though. Stupid work.

Anyway, here's how it went:

Boulder Badge: Kirby, Ganondorf-- Castle Siege
(Gannondorf: Doesn't really fit anywhere else, but hits like a truck. Stage: Stone statues, Stone castle, Stone tilting platform, stone gym. That was my logic.)
Cascade Badge: Falco, Squirtle, Mario -- Delfino Plaza
(Falco: He's a duck. Mario: FLUDD. Delfino has enough water, but I was also briefly considering Pirate Ship. However, Pirate Ship sucks.)
Thunder Badge: Pikachu, Lucas, ROB -- Frigate Orpheon
(Pikachu: Surprise? Lucas: PK THUUNDAH! ROB: Robots are electronic. . . >_>. Stage: I thought Frigate seemed like a good electric looking level.)
Rainbow Badge: Ivysaur, Olimar, and Luigi -- Pokemon Stadium 1
(Olimar: Rainbow plant creatures. I thought it fit. Luigi: Green. . . plants, okay, I was stretching. Stage: I was debating Distant Planet, Green Greens, and Hanenbow, but all of those are banned here)
Soul Badge: Marth, Samus (or ZSS), and Sheik -- Halberd
(Soul badge is Koga, right? I tried to Ninja theme it a bit. Marth: Has a sword as is quick and feminine, like a ninja. Samus was based on her use of tools and agility, like a ninja. Sheik: Actually is a ninja. Stage: Couldn't think of anything else.)
Marsh Badge: Lucario, Ness, Zelda -- Brinstar
(Lucario: Isn't he a psychic type? Ness: Duh. Zelda: Uses magic, ergo, psychic. Brinstar: I actually had it initially set to Luigi's Mansion. After I played a few matches, I realized why that was a stupid idea. I picked Brinstar because it hadn't been picked yet.)
Volcano Badge: Charizard, Bowser, Captain Falcon -- Norfair
(Charizard: Duh. Bowser: Also Duh. Captain Falcon: Everythign he does sets him on fire. I thought it made sense. Norfair: Duh.)
Earth Badge: DK, Diddy, Ike -- Japes
(DK: Uses earthquake, seemed like a fit. Diddy: A stretch, I know, but reminded me of DK, plus, he never has to leave the ground. Ike: Hits like a truck and sticks his sword in the ground when he taunts. The biggest stretch of all IMO. Stage: Nothing else was left.)

Elite 4:
First: IC's, Sonic, Link -- Yoshi's Island
Second: Wario, Wolf, Yoshi -- Lylat Cruise
Third: Toon Link, Jiggs, Pit -- Smashville
Fourth: Peach, Fox, Game & Watch -- Battlefield

Champion Battle:
MK, Snake, DeDeDe -- Final Destination

That was my take on it, anyway. Some matches were surprisingly tough, others I breezed through taking less than 60% >_>

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Champion Battle is the best G&W main of your region.

Have fun kids.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think I'll try this today or something. Both the original idea and Mike's different thing.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
If you're thinking this is too easy, then just set up a handicap, you can make yourself lose against comp's trust me. Also sounds fun, i'll try it out

Top Bottom