• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sorry for that poor explanation in that post, but Call it "react/get back in you" if you want. :p
I understood what you meant. I don't think that mashing buttons has any effect on the amount of time you are stunned from a shield break.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, then let me tell you that it does.

If you don't believe me...
As you know, your shield is going to break if you keep Z pressed for too long, so you can try it by your own in training mode, make the comparison by yourself.

And also reduces the time of the effect caused by Jigg's UpB.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Thought so.

Also button mash hard enough and you can recover from Sing if you were hit by the first hitbox of it. It sucks bad. I mean you went to all the trouble and somehow amazingly enough spaced a sing and then they completely punish you for it.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Once lost a match where I used teleport upb when I was like at 160 damage against a falcon at like 50. It hit him at the beginning of like the last sing hitbox and he button mashed so fast that he got out of it and shielded JUST as I hit him with rest. Then I think he missed a taunt cancel trying to be fancy (while I was sleeping) and had to settle with a weak nair kill.

tl;dr

teleport upb is quite versatile.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Ok, you learn something new every day I guess. I knew about Sing.
I'm kind of confused, you're telling "ME" that "I" learn something new every day?
Or, are you generalizing?

Because... for the record... I already knew about these lately discussed things... >__>

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Star King thought you couldn't button mash to recover from a shield break, when you can. So no, he was talking about himself.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yeah usually people are talking about themselves when they say that phrase >_>
Oh yes, True.

Question about Jigglypuff:

What's the difference between "raising pound" and "pound"?
I've seen this discussed here, but I don't really know how to define it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@StretchNutz Easy mode.

Today I learned that someone has challenged me to learn something new every day.

@3mmanu3lrc If you hold up after you start Puff's pound, the pound will be angled up, which is better distance-wise.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
well every single move in the game has *some* situation in which it is the right move to use. that is my thesis.
Except maybe sing, idk. what a dumb move.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Teams Brah.

No, I think they all have their situations. The hardest ones are DK Dash attack and Da Pimp Kick, but I've killed with both of those in the past.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
teleport sing has worked for me in the past on the rarest of occasions.

you look like such an idiot if you miss the tele, though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Da Pimp Kick?

I used a DK Dash Attack to knock a Puff into a tornado on the second Hyrule platform, and I think it was the best possible move in that situation. Before someone says Grab -> Fthrow carry -> throw into tornado, this guy was really good at escaping DK's grab.

EDIT: Oh I guess Da Pimp Kick is Luigi's taunt.

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
hmmm I think teleport rest is way more risky than teleport sing.... Idk I always miss the teleport before a rest sooo that look gay plus if you catch someone by surprise with teleport sing he may not be able to button mash quick enough sooo you may be allright :D

Battlecow

Play to Win
I know, but I just can't seem to figure out a situation where it does :S
After a shield break on mid-weight characters at high percents: pimp kick->they tech back towards you-> SJP (UpB). Coolest thing ever.

Against a recovering yoshi/Low-recovering Jiggs: start it nice and early, mindgame him into running into it juuuuust after his armor ends/after her pound ends. It worked for me on Fynal once vs his Yoshi.

Shieldbreak at the very edge of Mushroom Kingdom, kill 'em with it. I've never done that one.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Claiming to have had carnal knowledge of a man's mother is hardly nothing; If someone did it to me, he'd have major beef on his hands. Have we really become so desensitized that a sentiment of "I ****ed your mom, who is a total ****" doesn't anger us? Please. Emmanuel is fighting the good fight. Protecting the honor of one's mother is the duty of any red-blooded American man.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
At worst I implied that I lightly kicked his mother and she plummeted into the abyss. Never once did I mention any sort of coital rendezvous.

not that I would ever put my mega richard within one pika fsmash range of that filthy ***** ****

Battlecow

Play to Win
It was totally implied.

As for Star King, maybe his mom's been done so many times by so many men that it doesn't bother him, but to those of us whose progenitors' pudenda can't be used as tractor storage facilities, it's a little upsetting when people talk about our mothers in sexual ways.

Top Bottom