• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, I thought I'd make a thread on Jigglypuff. I'll update this later, as I'm heading to work soon... (but may also be out of town until Thursday, so I might not update it until then).

I'll make a guide and everything (as in, an actual guide).

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mained jiggs for a little while until I realized that some people could actually DI. Then it just wasn't fun anymore.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
I really love Puff in 64, he can really deadly if you learn how to use him. Mainly because rest is super easy to pull off in this game.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
rest is ez to pull of once already in combo. When you get to a certain level, good players make its very difficult for jiggs to approach (basically just stay on top of her)

jiggssmash64

Smash Rookie
Once you play people who are decent, they avoid DA with their lives and jiggs becomes a little less viable. DK Grabs absolutely **** jiggs and that mattchup in general is hell.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
you think so? I really like dk vs jiggs because jiggs dominated dk in the air.

Jiggly can usually outspace a dair to beat a dk uair and if she just watches out for his bair and approaches with nair and dair she will usually do very well.

Once grabbed its just uair chains or you can just utilt. both end in rest pretty easy.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Once you play people who are decent, they avoid DA with their lives and jiggs becomes a little less viable. DK Grabs absolutely **** jiggs and that mattchup in general is hell.
>implying I only play terrible people

I was not saying he was the best, merely pointing out rest has a really big hitbox in SSB64. Most of the lower tiered characters in 64 are still viable, you just have to learn the match ups really well (even if they are disadvantageous ones for them). But yeah, Dair isn't the only option he has for rest. You can do SHFF -> Rest, Fthrow -> Rest, and even some air combo's to rest. He is a monster in the air. Main problem with Jiggs is weight and range, but a good Jiggs player should be able to get around those problems somewhat.

Unless you play SSB64 NTSC-J like myself (normally), where Jiggs is worse by a good amount, specifically rest. Which is why I was shocked at how good it was when I made the transition over to SSB64 NTSC-U.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
how is her weakness weight and range

jiggs is like a ***** lead weight and her bair has one of the largest ranges in the game

Olikus

Smash Champion
I dont think dk against puff is hell for puff. She has the drill DA you know, which works perfect against a spinning donkeykong. And if puff keeps himself out of the ground and up in the air, he should be doing quite well. But ofc, if Dk first gets hold on her, especially with the b-throw it going to get messy.

I would probably give dk a slightly advantage, but not much, maybe 55-45.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
>implying I only play terrible people

I was not saying he was the best, merely pointing out rest has a really big hitbox in SSB64. Most of the lower tiered characters in 64 are still viable, you just have to learn the match ups really well (even if they are disadvantageous ones for them). But yeah, Dair isn't the only option he has for rest. You can do SHFF -> Rest, Fthrow -> Rest, and even some air combo's to rest. He is a monster in the air. Main problem with Jiggs is weight and range, but a good Jiggs player should be able to get around those problems somewhat.

Unless you play SSB64 NTSC-J like myself (normally), where Jiggs is worse by a good amount, specifically rest. Which is why I was shocked at how good it was when I made the transition over to SSB64 NTSC-U.
lol bro don't get too sure of yourself, you aren't the only player in the world who knows jiggs isn't bad. You aren't even comparing jiggs with other 64 characters, you're comparing her with melee jiggs >_>

Most people here know how good jiggs can be. SHFF rest? Why would you do this, and do you realise that SHFFLing fails for most characters in 64? F-throw > rest works only at precise percentages and often doesn't kill on large maps. Also, 'even' some air combos? Air combos are a pretty big part of jiggs' combo game, stuff like pound is quite useful, and some characters can even be KO'ed with a few u-airs to rest.

Rest isn't the only way to kill with jiggs...I can play jiggs without using rest and do okay with just spaced smashes (but i certainly can't do it without short hopping...blue yoshi :3)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
what it is: simply a glitch. Even TASers do not fully understand why this happens and it simply can not be explained with any previous logic we have learned from the game. I read somewhere that the teleport lasts as long as the character's Pre-Jump animation. IIRC, jiggly is in this state longer before she jumps and therefore has a longer and more drastic teleport than samus and fox (what I dont understand is if its simply the pre jump animation, why cant all characters do it?)

how to do it:
1. Be in a full run (not initial dash) with either jiggs fox or samus.
2. Mash the control stick in the opposite direction as you are running
3. Jump 3 frames later.

The close you get to 3 frames, the more drastic the teleport looks. jumping on frames 2 and 4 get a smaller teleport.

You can either
(A) cancel the teleport with a usmash which looks like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdggE9_qbiI

(B) Cancel the teleport with UPB, which is a terrible idea with fox or samus. With jiggs it can produce a gigantic slide if canceled with sing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gH4z7gRpLY&feature=related

(C) Just use the jump and do an arial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkRtKck30U&feature=related

If done close to the edge, it will actually slide off without doing a jump
I posted this in another thread to explain what teleport was. I think it is relevant for this thread, so you may want to put this in the OP blue yoshi. Your call and you can change whatever.

skamastaG

Smash Rookie
I agree that Jiggs becomes fairly obsolete when you play advanced players who DI. I usually only use Jiggs against Falcon and Kirby because she does pretty well. DK destroys my Jiggs...

B Link

Smash Lord
k so I saw this youtube comment on one of ant-d's vids a long time ago and I doubt it works, but basically it said if you rest a DK/someone else at a high percentage at the absolute farthest "bottom left/right corner" of a map, can you die with jigg and then come back fast enough to land a second rest?

blaze3927

Smash Ace
k so I saw this youtube comment on one of ant-d's vids a long time ago and I doubt it works, but basically it said if you rest a DK/someone else at a high percentage at the absolute farthest "bottom left/right corner" of a map, can you die with jigg and then come back fast enough to land a second rest?
that would be soo cool.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
just nair alot vs dk lol

duck under his bair when u think its coming or pivot to short side

th3kuzinator

Smash Master

seen this happen before in a TAS vid. I think it was Jpleals but it may have been antd's. Its possible for sure

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't get the hang of teleporting consistently or pound-resting. Anyone got any teleport-timing-tips? What %s is good for Pound-rest, and what part of the hitbox is good for 'em?

Oddly enough, I can teleport with samus pretty easily... Jiggs gives me fits though.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
when you pound -> rest you have to use the edge of jiggs hitbox, whether you knock them behind or infront of you. just practice utilt -> pound -> rest on reasonably high percentages and you'll get it in no time

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
we need some more jiggly discussion around here

reverse bair is surprisingly useful

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Reverse bair is quite useful after utilts on lighter characters. They work 10x better on 50% damage as I learned from linkonninja's combo video

fthrow --> weak bair or fair into rest is also nice.

of course uair/fthrow/utilt --> pound --> pound --> rest is sexy

Teleport Upb --> rest is just funny and amazing

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
If you catch them at the end of your slide, your sing will end faster than they can match out which leads to an easy rest or fthrow.

Something to try if you are ahead or desperately needing a rest.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
the best is when you just run around alot and then they are like oh hey i am gonna roll

and then u stand where they roll

and rest them

good stuff

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i've played smash all of my life and i can't still can't beat jiggly's break the targets. board the platforms.

what the **** is wrong with me.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
...i always pounded first then used my jumps, but jiggly always missed it, and i raged alot.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
What boomfan said. If you are profficent at rising pound you should be able to do it no propel regardless.

Hit the practice mode sometime

Top Bottom