• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

The Star King

Smash Hero
As for Star King, maybe his mom's been done so many times by so many men that it doesn't bother him, but to those of us whose progenitors' pudenda can't be used as tractor storage facilities, it's a little upsetting when people talk about our mothers in sexual ways.
Or many I've heard so many men CLAIM they've done my mom that it doesn't bother me. It's not like it's rare for guys to say such things as a joke/insult.

Seems the original definition of 'mindgame' has been marked as deceased. Can we hold a funeral?
The death of the definition of "mindgame" was years ago, as was the funeral.

Battlecow

Play to Win
My point is that even if it's in jest, this is your mom we're talking about. Come on. You don't let guys imply sexual things about your mother! It's just wrong!

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
quit your *****ing, jesus christ. I was really just secretly calling him out for being a low-level player.

Now on topic: Jiggs sucks. Don't play her.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That was a mean thing to say, brah.

And yeah, no one plays Jiggs, do they? Bad idea if so.

On Malva's stream today, I saw his Jiggs start a combo on Nova's Doug with fthrow-Usmash-Usmash. Anyone else see that?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
quit your *****ing, jesus christ. I was really just secretly calling him out for being a low-level player.

Now on topic: Jiggs sucks. Don't play her.
What a weird way to do so... >__>
But lets leave that in the past.

Back on topic...
I was trying to do the teleport in the "run -> back -> jump" way, and I don't know if it's that I'm too use to do it in the 270 degrees way, but I feel it the same, (speaking about difficulty)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Platdrop>rest on a mine allows you to avoid the explosion of the mine thanks to invincibility frames. Pre sure it works on bob-ombs and other explosives too.

Important discovery

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah you're right. It had to be platdrop in (A) though as the rest hitbox is positioned weirdly (on mines, at least).

The Star King

Smash Hero
(A)? Don't tell me there's an Australian version? Did Link's boomerang get a huge buff to rep the country?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Unfortunately not. 60 fps is pretty cool though. Only thing that has changed is that the rest hitbox is like 4 pixels large from what I can tell.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Meh. I think I may have used it once by accident in a stupid Hyrule combo and it may or may not have worked. Don't remember, and I don't think it matters much.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
/bump

Yo guys. Just changed my main to jiggz a few days ago. I have to say I enjoy using her, or it, or whatever!

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Aaaannddd bringing it back to Jiggly, at what position does jiggly have to be on another character in the air when pounding to make them fly forward instead? I've seen a double pound into rest done that way.

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Aha, got it!
...I'm guessing practice will allow for me to develop a better eye of when to use it. At the moment, only heavier characters seem like I'll be able to reverse pound them in competitive play for combos.

xxbroken-gloryxx

Smash Rookie
I really love Puff in 64, he can really deadly if you learn how to use him. Mainly because rest is super easy to pull off in this game.
Totally agree. I main Jiggs and Falcon and Jiggs is super deadly if you use a simple DAIR into Up-tilts (up to about 90%) into an Up-Smash or rest.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I heard of this thing called DI... JK, but at a higher level of play it gets more difficult to initiate a combo. And at higher level of play, almost any combo with any character is supposed to be deadly/dealing a lot of damage. Also, "she" please.

:phone:

TranqJim

Smash Cadet
Players who don't expect a deadly a puff suffer but on the other hand those who have seen puff at her finest already know what to expect

Yobolight

Smash Lord
As a Jigglypuff vs Kirby and Pikachu what is your preferred stage?

I typically bring them both to dreamland, but I am not sure if this is because it is optimal for matchup or because of personal preference.
I am more confident that Jiggs is better versus Kirby on Dreamland because Kirby can't really poke under the platforms the same way Pikachu can.

I am thinking mostly DL vs Hyrule, but I would love to hear a case for Congo.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

I typically bring them both to dreamland, but I am not sure if this is because it is optimal for matchup or because of personal preference.
I am more confident that Jiggs is better versus Kirby on Dreamland because Kirby can't really poke under the platforms the same way Pikachu can.

Congo has a neat trick where you can shield break on a rising platform and survive because you collide with the platform instantaneously on shieldbreak, so it can save you at times (biggest shield in the game and you break it? GTFO).

Since Puff is light and has a nice dair, I usually like playing on DL. Although, Rest makes it easy for her to KO on pretty much every stage so that's not such a problem. I would just want to avoid the **** tent on Hyrule. Wall bounces are deadly in this game and Puff will die to a Fox or Pika in that tent pretty quick. DL lets you fly off to either side of the stage whenever hit and recover high so you're not trapped at least. Tornado play against Jiggz can also be annoying so I prefer to avoid that; you shouldn't really be in such bad positions that you have to take a KO from them, but comparatively the wind won't kill you from DL.

As far as specifics go in Jiggly vs Kirby, I just play it as a crappier Kirby vs Kirby (except the former has Rest). Both have nice utilts and dair use, and fsmash can be handy.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
(biggest shield in the game and you break it? GTFO).
just to clear up, it still lasts just as long as every other shield, it is merely more protective (ie you cannot stab her like you can the monkey). right?

Sangoku

Smash Master
just to clear up, it still lasts just as long as every other shield, it is merely more protective (ie you cannot stab her like you can the monkey). right?
Yeah, it's even a disadvantage as she can't get hit while shielding which makes her more susceptible to have a shieldbreak.

Lame advertising, but here's the video of Jigglypuff surviving :)

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice

I think I like hyrule better. I can kill with rest at around 80, but still get the survivability of the big stage. Yes, tornadoes suck, but I still like it. Plus, big flat stage = teleports like it's my business.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
2 puffs, 1 team, Champions?
nah, you get hit away once and you can't help your partner

Jiggs jab is also slow (which makes it so rest combos might be a bit more problematic and Jiggs has issues helping his/her partner due to somewhat bad aerial mobility.

Though it all works out in a 2v1, singfinite.

Top Bottom