• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jews: A master race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
OK, so, my other topics are kind of winding down, so I thought I'd float an idea that I just had to you guys. It's still very tentative, but I think it has merit.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not Jewish. I'm your basic WASP male. Also, I would like to add two requests:

1. READ THE THREAD, INCLUDING THE ENTIRE OP, CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING

2. Please approach this with a fresh mind. Don't label it racism blindly, without first considering what I say.

Note also that I am talking about Jews as an ethnic group, not a religion. Also note that, unless I obviously mean it to, no statement herein applies to all Jews. I'm speaking about them generally; there will be many, many exceptions.

Now, let's consider the Jews. Jewish stereotypes abound, as do Jews who break all of those stereotypes and live their own cool, unique lives. This being said, what no one talks about is how goddamn successful those Jewish mother****ers are. I mean, not all of 'em, but an astounding proportion of the *******s. OK, so maybe they haven't produced many great athletes, but lemme break out some statistics that I just googled for you:

-Jews have won 52% of all pulitzer prizes in non-fiction, 38% of all US National Medal of Science awards, and 20% of ALL nobel prizes. 47% of world chess champions have been Jewish.

-About .002% of the world population is Jewish.

Now, granted, 45% of those guys makes up 2.1% of the US population, and (this is a simple fact, but I'm sure many of you will see it as your duty to disagree with it) that gives them a natural advantage, because the US is clearly culturally superior to the rest of the world in most measurable ways. Still, they're successful even by US standards.

"(24%) of Jewish adults 18 years of age and older has received a graduate degree, and 55% have earned at least a bachelor’s degree... The current comparable numbers for non-Jews [in the US] are 5% and 28%."

"The median household income of the Jewish population is about $50,000, which is higher than the approximately $42,000 median for all U.S. households reported by the Census Bureau. A fifth (19%) of all Jewish households are low income, defined as $25,000 or less per year, compared to 29% among all U.S. households."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/ujcpop.html is where I got those from.

Seems to me like every other famous person I can think of is a Jewish man. My three favorite currently living people- Stan Lee, Bob Dylan, and Harold Bloom- are all Jewish. They've got locks on everything, from psychology to comedy.

So, OK, they're pretty great. But why? You'll tell me that it's cultural; that they're successful for the same reason that other minorities are unsuccessful- they were born into it. Their parents are rich, ergo their test scores are good and they go to nice colleges, etc. etc. Don't give me that ****. Jews came to America as refugees with nothing in the '40s or as poor Eastern European peasants in the late 19th-early 20th centuries. They clawed their way to where they are now. Did WASP holocaust guilt do that for them? Maybe in a few cases, but by and large I think it's clear that they did it themselves. It could, conceivably, be their traditional values or whatever that do it, but I have a simpler explanation- it's genetic. They are, in many ways, a genetically superior race.

Now, the first reaction from many of you, regrettably, will be to throw up your hands and then type some errant nonsense about racism. Before you start (and you will start) I need you to acknowledge this- races and ethnicities do make for genetic differences which lead, in an overall general sense, to different peoples having different qualities. Of course, we're all human, the difference isn't great, etc etc blah blah blah. But if you think that White people are ever going to be as good at sprinting as West Africans, or that we'll ever be able to take the Kenyans in a marathon, you're talking out of your ***. Swimming, on the other hand, we're better at. Genetically. It's just the way it is. These are physical differences; easier to detect and measure than mental ones, and pretty slight as well. Do mental ones exist? Hard to say. But I'd lay even money that those Jews, with their thousands of years of tramping around, keeping their bloodlines (relatively) pure, have something going on for them.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Lol battlecow.

Funnily enough, I do remember reading that Jewish people (as an ethnicity) have a higher rate of obsessive compulsive traits. It's not a proven link, but some psychiatrists believe there is one, based on the patients they treat. The cause could be environmental or genetic. Obviously when this is "obsessive compulsive disorder" it is a bad thing. Obsessive compulsive traits, however, generally lend themselves to aiding "success" in professional careers.

http://www.thejc.com/health/45876/ocd-really-jewish-disease
http://www.ou.org/publications/ja/5765/5765winter/ISOCDAJE.PDF

It's kind of hard to deny that cultural factors play a huge role though. You can say the same thing for many Asian immigrants (south or east). While some of these people were not successful in life themselves, they came from a culture that values education and hard work above most other things. Their children adopt these same attitudes. It makes a difference.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Bc, when do you make the line between religion (in which, genrally, you can come and go when you want), and ethnic group (which you're usually set in. If you're black, you're probably going to stu black forever) [U.S wise. I know that some middle east contries tend to have religion set in stone and {this'll probably come off racist} it can be a bit harder to make the distinction. most of you facts also seem to be U.S wise too]

Or do you think it's because of some other completly religious factor?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Bc, when do you make the line between religion (in which, genrally, you can come and go when you want), and ethnic group (which you're usually set in. If you're black, you're probably going to stu black forever) [U.S wise. I know that some middle east contries tend to have religion set in stone and {this'll probably come off racist} it can be a bit harder to make the distinction. most of you facts also seem to be U.S wise too]

Or do you think it's because of some other completly religious factor?
jew can actually refer to both an ethnicity and a religion.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't look at the statistics closely. I just thought "Hey, those Jews are pretty freakin' successful" and then googled stuff about it. The thread, as it says in the OP, is supposed to be about the race, not the religion.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
The statistics look like they're referring to the ethnic group to me.

So, OK, they're pretty great. But why? You'll tell me that it's cultural; that they're successful for the same reason that other minorities are unsuccessful- they were born into it. Their parents are rich, ergo their test scores are good and they go to nice colleges, etc. etc. Don't give me that ****. Jews came to America as refugees with nothing in the '40s or as poor Eastern European peasants in the late 19th-early 20th centuries. They clawed their way to where they are now. Did WASP holocaust guilt do that for them? Maybe in a few cases, but by and large I think it's clear that they did it themselves. It could, conceivably, be their traditional values or whatever that do it, but I have a simpler explanation- it's genetic. They are, in many ways, a genetically superior race.
Jews seem like they would be pretty genetically similar to white Christians. And of course whatever Jews became successful became successful by themselves. But I do think the Jews in America were hugely influenced by the holocaust. They just come from a place where they've been persecuted, so that effects their values, and they weren't prosecuted their whole lives so they're used to success, which is unlike black people, who were oppressed for centuries and even after slavery was banned. So that made the Jewish people work very hard after they got to America, and they're white so they're culturally similar to white Christians, which means they don't face the language and discrimination issues that other immigrants face, and that's why they're successful.

^run-ons ftw

And for comparable statistics, look at Asians.

"As of 2008, Asian American households had the highest median income at $65,637; however, 11.8 percent of Asians were in poverty in 2004, higher than the 8.6 percent rate for non-Hispanic whites. Much of this poverty is concentrated in ethnic enclaves such as Chinatowns in the cities."

" According to the US Census Bureau, while the high school graduation rate for Asian Americans is on par with those of other ethnic groups, 48% of Asian Americans have attained at least a bachelor's degree as compared with the national average of 27%, and 29% for non-Hispanic Whites. Indian Americans have some of the highest education rates, with nearly 68% having attained at least a bachelor's degree."

Source

Just curious, are you Jewish?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
jew can actually refer to both an ethnicity and a religion.
The problem with calling Jews an ethnicity is that Jewish identity is almost inextricably linked to Judaism. To the point where I can name three distinct "ethnicities" that could be called Jews (Yiddish Jews, Hebrews, Spanish Jews) off the top of my head and I'm sure I could rail off more with more time spent.

The thing is, with all these different ethnic groups being able to be called Jews, there's pretty much a statistical guarantee that there is absolutely zero genetic patterns similar to all Jews in the world. Notwithstanding that the foremost theories of Anthropology (the ones anyone who's taken ANTH101 will have studied) all state that there is zero genetic basis for the determination of race or ethnicity, and the distinctions are always entirely cultural.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
Now, the first reaction from many of you, regrettably, will be to throw up your hands and then type some errant nonsense about racism. Before you start (and you will start) I need you to acknowledge this- races and ethnicities do make for genetic differences which lead, in an overall general sense, to different peoples having different qualities. Of course, we're all human, the difference isn't great, etc etc blah blah blah. But if you think that White people are ever going to be as good at sprinting as West Africans, or that we'll ever be able to take the Kenyans in a marathon, you're talking out of your ***. Swimming, on the other hand, we're better at. Genetically. It's just the way it is. These are physical differences; easier to detect and measure than mental ones, and pretty slight as well. Do mental ones exist? Hard to say. But I'd lay even money that those Jews, with their thousands of years of tramping around, keeping their bloodlines (relatively) pure, have something going on for them.
Races and ethnicities do not lead to major genetic differences between them. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the genetic diversity in the human race is located in Africa. So in short, "blacks" are actually a whole heap of genetic groups, while jews and WASPs probably aren't that different.

And honestly, genetically speaking "pure bloodlines" can be interpreted to mean inbred. Just saying. Also, genetically, you could say that they are inferior (to be honest, I don't, but I think that Jewish supremacism is rubbish), given that certain genetic diseases are more common in Jews, at least in the case of the Ashkenazi Jews; the ones you seem to be talking about. They actually have to have special genetic screening programs for the Ashkenazi Jews, so that they can control diseases that affect them with a high level of exclusivity.

It's not fair to just categorise a race by the number of nobel prizes they churn out. Heck we would probably call the indians/africans (they're not) idiots then - but really, there are far more important factors at play here, such as they environment in which they grow up in. Cultural and educational differences matter a lot here. If your culture is decadent and consumerist, then... maybe you're not going to be as successful as if you belonged to a culture that places pride in achieving things academically.

And in all seriousness, I hate any kind of racial supremacism. It's rubbish, it's scientifically unsound and it's inapplicable to anything in the real world. It can apply to Asian parents who will only let their children marry Asians, it can apply to the members of the KKK, but I think it's all rubbish. We're all extremely genetically similar, around 99.5% of our genome is the same.

Edit: Did I mention that the onus should be on you that to prove relatively conclusively that these advantageous traits are genetic? I can easily prove that genetic diseases are due to genetics, but I don't think you can.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You might be right. I can't prove anything. Nice use of my "onus should be on you" tactic against me. But I can't prove that West Africans are great sprinters either, except by pointing out that they sprint the **** out of everyone else. I stand by my statistics.

You can tell if a guy is Jewish by looking at him, right? I usually can. So why shouldn't they inherit other stuff too? They certainly aren't genetically indistinguishable from WASPs.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium

Found it. I thought you were good at computer stuff BPC. You needed to use the direct link for the image. Such a noob.

People need to stop taking Battlecow very seriously. You get used to his distinct style of humour and not-so-subtle racism over time. This is coming from an Australian who had to put up with these sorts of things in the Smash 64 section for about 2 years =).

Savon

Smash Ace
The debate section of SWF is kinda meant to be serious. Either not make all of your posts/topics dumb or get the hell out.

Just Saiyan.

Bob Jane T-Mart

Smash Ace
You might be right. I can't prove anything. Nice use of my "onus should be on you" tactic against me. But I can't prove that West Africans are great sprinters either, except by pointing out that they sprint the **** out of everyone else. I stand by my statistics.

You can tell if a guy is Jewish by looking at him, right? I usually can. So why shouldn't they inherit other stuff too? They certainly aren't genetically indistinguishable from WASPs.
You have not rebutted a single point I made. Not a single one.

Sure you West Africans are supposedly better sprinters than everyone else, but can you prove that, that is due to genetic reasons? And what about Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay? They aren't exactly West African. The point is, you can't really make these generalisations about ethnic groups.

Sure, Jews might look different to other ethnic groups, but that doesn't mean that they are actually that different genetically from them. Again, the difference between two africans is greater than between a white and a jew; the genetic difference being extremely small can be considered negligible. We humans have a tendency to exaggerate the differences between ethnicities, especially on matters of appearance, but in reality we're not very different at all.

And in response to ciaza, I'm not going to tolerate racism.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Your points aren't worth rebutting, Bob Jane.

Because you're fat.

It's Lardasses like you who make America weak.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Jews do better in life because they find 10x the amount of money on the ground that the average person does. Unfortunately for them, they're also genetically more susceptible to world media bias and getting into horribly complicated land disputes after winning wars they didn't start.

:phone:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I know, but I remember hearing that on ratio we're fatter. America has so many more people than us so it's understandable.

Nevertheless, I still make fat/supersized jokes to my American girlfriend.....

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom