• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JCCC Brawl Tournament - Kansas City, KS - May 24th

darkrain

Smash Ace
Where
- Johnson County Community College
- 12345 College Boulevard | Overland Park, Kansas, 66210

When & What

Saturday, May 24th
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Teams) @ 12pm
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Singles) @ 5pm

Entry Fees

- $10 for Singles
- $10 for Doubles
- 15% of entire pot will go to the GIG ($1.50 from singles/$1.50 from doubles)

Pot Split

The rest of the pot will be split as follows:
- 1st - 60%
- 2nd - 30%
- 3rd - 10%

Rules

- All matches will be 3 stocks, 7 minute time limit
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals being best 3 out of 5
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Bring your own controller
- No items
- Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the sudden
death match will be played out.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
- Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage
to be picked. One non nuetral stage may be banned from counterpicks.
- The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game.
The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the
same logic for the third match (and 4th/5th if applicable). if there is one (Advanced slob
picks).
- No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won
on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule).
- Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
- For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Delfino Plaza

Counterpicks:
- Pokemon Stadium 1/2
- Castle Siege
- Green Greenz
- Corneria
- Onett
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd

Banned:
- Everything else

The Tournament will be held in the newly-opened, state-of-the-art Regnier Center.
It is the building labeled RC on the North-East side of the campus.
The tournament will be held in the Capitol Federal Conference Center on the main floor of the building. The room takes up the western half of the building, just enter on the main floor and you should find it pretty easily. It is easy to park either at the area right by the Regnier Center (RC), the places to the north by the Carlsen Center (CC), or down south. Parking on a Saturday should not be a problem.

The venue can hold about 300 people and we should have plenty of setups. There will also be several melee setups for anyone who wants to play that as well. I hope to see some guys from omaha, wichita, des moines, st louis etc... It's gonna be too good. I'll see you all there!

PS: If you get lost or need help finding your way to the building once you're on campus call Danny aka Stealth Raptor @ 913-485-0664.

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the digitally remastered tourney thread.

Wichita will be coming to this, right now it'll be Affinity, Karmacide, me, and Attackstorm for sure.

Also - KC tournies are amazing, cant wait for this ****! =D

(lawl)

Jesi

Smash Ace
<3 KC smash "league" !! I posted this on gamingangels.com hopefully some chics'll show up..psh ok I seriously doubt it but that'd be cool, mirite?

cya'll thurr! :D

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm planning on coming to this so far, and I think Joker showed interest as well.
I'll see if I can get some more Des Moines people to come.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm new to Smashboards, and I just have a few questions about this tournament.
Do you have to be a member of Smashboards in order to compete in the tournament? I was going to invite one of my friends to it so we could compete in doubles, or does he have to resgister to Smashboards first? The tournament sounds fun! Can't wait to be there!

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Me & my crew are definetly goin to this! Especially since we all attend JCCC! Hey anyone around the area wanna battle sometime before the tourney holla at me!

Dr.Dronicus

Smash Rookie
You don't know who I am, or what I'll be doing, or why I'll be there..
But I do.
And while you think about this, and seek me out, I will strike from the shadows.

And probably lose, but I'll at least get somewhere.
Count me in.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
man i really wanna go to this, i think its one of the first legit brawl tournaments ive heard about so far. problem is getting a ride from lawrence... DMAC HELP US!

sincerely,
that guy Raith

teehee

only1Z

Smash Champion
You're both lucky I don't beat you down for using a KH avatar, luckily I don't think I could do such a thing on a smash bros forum.

Top Bottom