• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JCCC Brawl Tournament (2) - Kansas City, KS - July 26th

darkrain

Smash Ace
Where
- Johnson County Community College
- 12345 College Boulevard | Overland Park, Kansas, 66210

When & What

Saturday, July 26th
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Teams) @ 11am
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (Singles) @ 4pm

Entry Fees

- $10 for Singles
- $10 for Doubles
- 15% of entire pot will go to the GIG ($1.50 from singles/$1.50 from doubles)

Pot Split

The rest of the pot will be split as follows:
- 1st - 60%
- 2nd - 30%
- 3rd - 10%

Rules

- All matches will be 3 stocks, 7 minute time limit
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3. Winners, Losers and Grand Finals being best 3 out of 5
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Bring your own controller
- No items
- Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the sudden
death match will be played out.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
- Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage
to be picked. One non nuetral stage may be banned from counterpicks.
- The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game.
The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the
same logic for the third match (and 4th/5th if applicable). if there is one (Advanced slob
picks).
- No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won
on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule).
- Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
- For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Delfino Plaza

Counterpicks:
- Pokemon Stadium 1/2
- Castle Siege
- Green Greenz
- Corneria
- Onett
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd

Banned:
- Everything else

The Tournament will be held in the newly-opened, state-of-the-art Regnier Center.
It is the building labeled RC on the North-East side of the campus.
The tournament will be held in the Capitol Federal Conference Center on the main floor of the building. The room takes up the western half of the building, just enter on the main floor and you should find it pretty easily. It is easy to park either at the area right by the Regnier Center (RC), the places to the north by the Carlsen Center (CC), or down south. Parking on a Saturday should not be a problem.

The venue can hold about 300 people and we should have plenty of setups. There will also be several melee setups for anyone who wants to play that as well. I hope to see some guys from omaha, wichita, des moines, st louis etc... It's gonna be too good. I'll see you all there!

PS: If you get lost or need help finding your way to the building once you're on campus call Danny aka Stealth Raptor @ 913-485-0664.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
cool...looks like it has been confirmed? i think im going to try to make it to the melee one and this one, going to be fun times.

Jace08

Smash Lord
This is gonna be too good. Also, I noticed everything was moved back an hour; good idea, sounds more practical to me.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Indeed and there will be plenty of it there. any tv not on brawl will have melee, and if it is like last time, as many if not more tvs will have melee.

nojoes

Smash Ace
wasn't blueblades tourny on this date, then he rescheduled for viper, but i haven't heard anything from viper so now this is here?

me jesse and my brother'll come down for sure.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I might show up. Depends if my friend can actually pass his drivers test >_<

Yay for traveling 206 miles for a smash tournament :)

only1Z

Smash Champion
wasn't blueblades tourny on this date, then he rescheduled for viper, but i haven't heard anything from viper so now this is here?

me jesse and my brother'll come down for sure.
Kc reschedules for no man.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I might show up. Depends if my friend can actually pass his drivers test >_<

Yay for traveling 206 miles for a smash tournament :)
LOL WOOPS! Didn't mean to post in this thread. Meant to go to the melee one. Uhh, so yeah, count me out XD

dmac

Smash Champion
i'm actually looking forward to playing this game for this one day! ( i haven't played in weeks )

Razz113

Smash Cadet
i'm actually looking forward to playing this game for this one day! ( i haven't played in weeks )
lol Well last time u kick my *** pretty good lol me and my friends will be there again and gonna have a blast.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I have already seen this and have thought about it for some time. What we are going to do is allow it unless it is used for the specific reason to stall. This will be determined by those running the tournament. If anyone notices someone is doing it, and you think it is used for stalling, come get someone and we will judge it for ourselves. This is too new to put a blanket ban on just yet. If you have any footage/proof why this should be banned other then it can be used to stall, post it and i will consider it.

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
wow... i hope no one does it cause im going to call judge for stalling as soon as i notice it happening, and if someone does it to me im going to punch them in the face then call judge for mild ***********...

then if all the stupid mechanics were to be legal then i would imagin that everyone would start playing meta nub or there would be no tournaments because there would be no reason to have one.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
really dont just say omg he is doing it call someone. make sure to confirm he is doing it to stall. However, there was a lack of good MK's last tourney other then affinity, who has sworn it off, so i dont think there will be a problem.

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
really dont just say omg he is doing it call someone. make sure to confirm he is doing it to stall. However, there was a lack of good MK's last tourney other then affinity, who has sworn it off, so i dont think there will be a problem.
sorry that is what i meant... if they stall.

and no, there werent ANY good mk's last tourney! ^^

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
heh, you know im just kidding...
lol yeah I know.

Dark_EDGE said:
NEWS UPDATE: im getting brawl for my birthday tomorrow!!!!... the only thing is that i will get a wii in like 1-2 weeks lololol funny stuff eh?
Man, I know how that feels. I bought SSBB release night but wasn't able to get a hold of a Wii until 2 weeks later :laugh:

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
this still good to go and everything? 7 from wichita are planning to attend.

Top Bottom