• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
J jaystring concerning to hold button code pytroluzin actually has a code thread that explains how it works it somewhere in this board but basically it works by replacing the ID of Mario (00) with a clone ID (3F) so that when you hold the button the clone loads instead of Mario. As for triforce ganon only version 3 had the dual swords (activated via taunt) and if I'am correct project ganon used this moveset as a base (albeit a much older version )

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
J jaystring Triforce Ganondorf made by Ashingda, and Project Ganondorf v1.0 made by BronzeGreekGod, both shared some things with their PSA's. BGG used some of Ashingda's for his sword mode. They are both good mods in their own right. In my personal build, I mixed them. Was really good. I also helped with both of those mods too. Gotta rep Ganon.

Honestly, I would love a new Lyn model. Granted I know her animations aren't all perfect... but I'm not too picky with that since I can just fix em myself. By the way... what exactly is the CC Lyn PSA you mentioned? Or is that not an open mod to DL somewhere?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh, I haven't seen it. Would like to if it's even somewhat decent.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I think alot of people would appreciate a decent Lyn model that isn't from the leak (same could be said for the other 3); heck it might even inspire people to make a psa with it if they have the time and courage.

jaystring

Smash Ace
J jaystring concerning to hold button code pytroluzin actually has a code thread that explains how it works it somewhere in this board but basically it works by replacing the ID of Mario (00) with a clone ID (3F) so that when you hold the button the clone loads instead of Mario. As for triforce ganon only version 3 had the dual swords (activated via taunt) and if I'am correct project ganon used this moveset as a base (albeit a much older version )
I believe I do have the code. but i've not taken the time yet to try and understand it. I think the code also has a section for CSP to show properly. I'll really need to do some test with this.

J jaystring Triforce Ganondorf made by Ashingda, and Project Ganondorf v1.0 made by BronzeGreekGod, both shared some things with their PSA's. BGG used some of Ashingda's for his sword mode. They are both good mods in their own right. In my personal build, I mixed them. Was really good. I also helped with both of those mods too. Gotta rep Ganon.

Honestly, I would love a new Lyn model. Granted I know her animations aren't all perfect... but I'm not too picky with that since I can just fix em myself. By the way... what exactly is the CC Lyn PSA you mentioned? Or is that not an open mod to DL somewhere?
All right! Thanks for the info! yeah both are really really nice. I'll probably keep Ashingda version in my build until BronzeGreekGod fix the items on his, if he intend to do it.

CC Lyn is the forbidden leak build Lyn. Honestly, what they did with her is already pretty nice, it's a shame she and knuckes are so taboo. The animation are ruff on her (a lot of them are missing "momentum" or "impact feel" in her movement) but if someone with talent would finish them and give her eye movement and facial expression, she would almost feel like a complete PSA.

maybe someday you can polish the animations if you want and I could do some models for it! :)

I think alot of people would appreciate a decent Lyn model that isn't from the leak (same could be said for the other 3); heck it might even inspire people to make a psa with it if they have the time and courage.
maybe someday! definitively not turning down the idea. But I'll finish the millions of thing I have already started first.

jaystring

Smash Ace
First pass rigging on HW ganondorf done!!!

While he's fully playable in-game now, he got no texture tweak (they look wrong with brawl as it, too colorful), no facial expression, no material work (like no transparency on parts that need it) and no moving eyes and a bunch of holes in the model to fix here and there.

So still a lot to do but seriously, he is reeeaaally cool to see fighting in-game!!

For some reason he's generation tons of errors with Triforce Ganon but i'll look into this later!

I'm a bit sad that the hairs are a bit more static then I originally thought they would be. In fact, they can't use the cape bones that much because they don't go down in the back enought to reach properly the cape bones so I can't rig it to it fully.

He still look pretty good anyway.

Screenshots! :

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I may consider it for Lyn, at some point. If you truly are interested in that. I'd need the FitMotion though to be able to.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I may consider it for Lyn, at some point. If you truly are interested in that. I'd need the FitMotion though to be able to.
All right! we can check that out at some point!

but yeah, I'll finishing stuff you asked me for Roy first. I haven't forgot!!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Ganon lookin' good yo. I imagine his Brawl head wouldn't look too awful on the model for those concerned with static hair.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ganon lookin' good yo. I imagine his Brawl head wouldn't look too awful on the model for those concerned with static hair.
hum.. no, I don't think they will match, they are pretty different.

HW ganondorf with his twilight costume would match way way more then the Brawl one.

Also, his hairs is not full static either, it part rigged to 1 cape bone but it's not moving as much as I expected. But l'ill also rework it a bit to maybe make it work better.

and Honestly it's not looking too bad considering they are moving like thick heavy hairs would move.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
yeah they do use the sword from Lighting's DLC but I do no think i'll be making FF13 imports. not anytime soon, sorry. some characters and idea were pretty good but overall, I just hated FF13 ... personally, I don't feel like it should be remembered in any way :(

But I loved 7,8,10 so yeah I might do more imports from those someday.
Ah well that sucks, being honest, i haven't played any of the FF13 titles, i'm willing to give them a chance since i've heard XIII-2 and Lightning Returns have pretty good battle system, i just thought it would have been cool to see Lightning cosplaying Cloud swinging the buster sword around in Smash, heh.
But it's cool to know you may do other FF imports (can i suggest from FF9?), i guess i'm excited enough with your Cloud costume pack for now.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Here is the link to pyotr's thread the l button character code is in the character cod section
https://smashboards.com/threads/pyotrluzhins-lab.434012/
Thanks a lot! yeah I've seen the code already! as mentionned, I just need to sit down and take the time to understand it. implementing this code doesn't seem too hard but there's more then that, I think this code doesn't give the switching CSP that LXP have in CSS.

I found another code named "Hold L to load CSPs from /pf/menu/common/char_bust_alt/ [Legacy Team, ASF1nk, PyotrLuzhin]" and if you notice, LXP actually have 2 folder with alt in a seperate folder for CSP. (look into "pf/menu/common")

It's a weird setup that I've never seen in other build and will need to study it a bit before trying it. Also, those are usually used for result screen but are LXP using them in character selection screen now!? How does this all work. There's a lot of questions and no answer yet.

I'm guessing that stage is the boss room in SSE for Galleom.
yeah maybe! I forgot most of SSE. it looks pretty cool as a result screen so I kept it for a while now

Ah well that sucks, being honest, i haven't played any of the FF13 titles, i'm willing to give them a chance since i've heard XIII-2 and Lightning Returns have pretty good battle system, i just thought it would have been cool to see Lightning cosplaying Cloud swinging the buster sword around in Smash, heh.
But it's cool to know you may do other FF imports (can i suggest from FF9?), i guess i'm excited enough with your Cloud costume pack for now.
I've only played the original FF13 (almost to the end because everyone kept saying it would get better later). It never got better and I hated sooo much the whole universe that I never was interested in any of the sequels. even if I've heard too that they were better.

but it's not just about the fact that I didn't like the game, FF13 models would need biggg optimization pass like I did to HW ganondorf to run on PM and doing this is long and I keep these only for very special projects.

I have not yet played FF9!! but I really want to, it just never happened yet. I bought the Pc version not too long ago, it's just a question of "when do I take a break of modding to go play it"

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
FF XIII Lightning Returns is the slated good sequel. FF XIII-2 was not. So I'd definitely pass that one up. I thought FF XIII was alright. I watched my brother play it back when it came out. At least the music was good. :v

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
First pass rigging on HW ganondorf done!!!

While he's fully playable in-game now, he got no texture tweak (they look wrong with brawl as it, too colorful), no facial expression, no material work (like no transparency on parts that need it) and no moving eyes and a bunch of holes in the model to fix here and there.

So still a lot to do but seriously, he is reeeaaally cool to see fighting in-game!!

For some reason he's generation tons of errors with Triforce Ganon but i'll look into this later!

I'm a bit sad that the hairs are a bit more static then I originally thought they would be. In fact, they can't use the cape bones that much because they don't go down in the back enought to reach properly the cape bones so I can't rig it to it fully.

He still look pretty good anyway.

Screenshots! :

god this is going to destroy so many unprepared wii's

jaystring

Smash Ace
god this is going to destroy so many unprepared wii's
Ho yeah, It probably will lol!

I'm struggling like crazy to make it fit in filesize. It's not even the texture at this point, it's the vertex and UV size data (to many triangle still) that make the pcs too big (the pac file is actually smaller then Brawl Ganondorf!)

I've shaved of some more triangles but what worries me is I've not yet started facial expression!

HW ganondorf's triangle count is now 19778 (no facial) and it's becoming very very hard to cut without big quality drop. (original was 32600 tri)

I'm even at the point of optimizing UVs lol.

I'm very likely going to do like old snake and do 2 version, 1 Wii version with more agressive poly cuts and 1 dolphin version that will retain the quality of the model but downscale ridiculously the textures to bring back the quality with HD textures.

It worked like charm for MGS4 Snake.

There's still a lot of triangles that can be cut for Wii version BUT will make holes in the model if you do major zoom in and camera placed correctly etc I hate having those on dolphin but i'll be more tolerant on those for the wii version.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Hi Jaystring!

As mentionned earlier, while it looked like I dissapeared, the truth is that I've been modding as much as usual but instead, I've been focusing on my personnal BrawlEx build

The build is coming along nicely, Here's a quick look to show what I've been up these last week :
HYPE!

Characters :
Character ordering. Assuming you merge Smash 4 ZSS, Mr. M, and PG into their base characters, you have (15*4-2-3)=55 character icons, 56 including Random. (Ignoring Dixie Kong, since 57 is only divisible evenly by 3 and 19)

As for me finding a specific order, that would take way to long. Just arrange it in a 7x8 grid.

BrawlEx character have been integrated which include ;

1) The incredible Waluigi
2) PM mewtwo and Roy of course
3) LXP Pichu
4) LXP Ridley
5) LXP Lucina
6) Brawl minus Link as Young LInk (I've reassigned all his SFX to young link manually myself)
7) LXP Geno
8) The nice Smash4 ZSS PSA (the plan is to incorporate it into normal ZSS as a hold "button" character but I've not yet figure out how to do that. Also, I will be making new "Brawl and PM" costume for Wii U ZSS for my build (which mean for everyones too)
These are all good. Just so you know, since you are likely using PM+BEx, you don't need to include Mewtwo and Roy, since they are included via another method)

9) CC Knuckles
10) CC Lyn (might take it out, she's not up to quality. has a double jump T-pose glitch + most animation are not up to quality)
If anything is going to make some people mad at you, its PM-CC content. It's a much smaller portion of the base now, but still be warned.
11) Project Ganondorf OOT Ganon (might take it off temporarily as I don't like crashing because a friend forgot to not grab items)
Try reducing the textures to almost nothing (Try just 1x1 pixels if you can), with Dolphin Texture replacement, and see how that might fix it.
12) PM Dr mario (same as mario, only has proper SFX and FX). I didn't like the PSA I found of him so kept the PM moveset
13) Mr M PSA (which I think is actually a PSA named Dark mario or something done for Brawl Minus. sorry I don't have the credit list at hand)). I kept it as I like it and it's good quality even if a bit OP
14) and finally Cloud! a placeholder Ike for the moment which is intended to be replace with the PSA been worked on.
15) Dixie Kong will be added soon as Brawl Minus Diddy Kong

Except 1 or 2 left to do, all my characters have ef_file properly reassigned. They still have crashing issues if you load the original non-clone character first then the clone in the next match but I've not yet found out why it's crashing, even if ef_file are correctly re-assigned. I hope l'll find it, it annoy me to hell
Even for characters with reassigned ef_files, make sure they don't crash when what originally uses said files is loaded. (Specific examples that come to mind are Lyn and Ridley)

Other then that, it's pretty stable I think, played it a lot with friend over the week end.

Stage :
I've sucessfully brought back all the stage and songs of my previous build with ASL all working perfectly
Page1

Page2 :

I wanted my ASL setup to be as easy and simple to use as possible so ALL my stage are setup the exact same way and only use buttons that will never conflict with any other action you can do in the menu so it doesn't makes it super hard to select a stage properly (like using arrow direction, or B button when B button is suposed to bring you back to CSS screen etc)

They are all setup this way :

stage 1) Hold A
stage 2) Hold Start
stage 3) Hold A+Z
stage 4) Hold Start + Z
stage 5) Hold A+Start+Z
stage 6) Hold A+Start
stage 7) Hold L + A
stage 8) Hold L + Start
If you need a sheet of a lot of good stage options, check LXP's credits list. Not all of them are great, and some slots are redundant (I've spent the past two weeks making suggestions on how to free up slots), but there are a lot of good stuff with proper crediting (Likely saving you a ton of work).

I'm keeping all the PM menu design and icons and text. I liked how professionnal it looked and there's no need to change any of that.
Yes, it is professional, but in order to distinguish your build you are going to have to make a new logo at the very least. Can't help you much here.

Honestly, I would like to share it at some point and it would be helpful having people try it out and help me debug it but

1) I don't want to piss off anyone with the build. It's build with tons and tons of content done by other people and if they have issues with me sharing the build, I won't share it. And I'll have to make an extensive credit list which is not done at the moment
Like I said. Once you credit everyone for the stages, the only thing that could make people mad at you (And even then, a few and not that mad) is Knuckles and Lyn.

2) THe build is HUGE. I use custom iso to fit all the songs and I might have to add some stage to the ISO too as it's almost near the SD card limit. So I don't exactly know how i'll share such a big thing.
I'd say you need two downloads for this. One of the edited files in the ISO (Just have folders people can drag and drop onto a vBrawl ISO), and another of the build itself.

So yeah, that's about it for the build
So yeah, that's about it for this analysis. (That's quite a bit late)

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Ho yeah, It probably will lol!

I'm struggling like crazy to make it fit in filesize. It's not even the texture at this point, it's the vertex and UV size data (to many triangle still) that make the pcs too big (the pac file is actually smaller then Brawl Ganondorf!)

I've shaved of some more triangles but what worries me is I've not yet started facial expression!

HW ganondorf's triangle count is now 19778 (no facial) and it's becoming very very hard to cut without big quality drop. (original was 32600 tri)

I'm even at the point of optimizing UVs lol.

I'm very likely going to do like old snake and do 2 version, 1 Wii version with more agressive poly cuts and 1 dolphin version that will retain the quality of the model but downscale ridiculously the textures to bring back the quality with HD textures.

It worked like charm for MGS4 Snake.

There's still a lot of triangles that can be cut for Wii version BUT will make holes in the model if you do major zoom in and camera placed correctly etc I hate having those on dolphin but i'll be more tolerant on those for the wii version.
If i could make an unlearned suggestion, as it seems inevitable that optimized HW ganon is coming for wii. based on what ive seen so far, would it help if you downscaled the dying star that is his hair so that it comes out a little more natural in brightness? i doubt this will ACTUALLY decrease the triangle count or even help with optimization at all, as it's probably just aesthetic.
...god this ganon will destroy SO MANY unprepared wiis

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
Hey jaystring I'm honored that my skin inspired you to make a nuclear mewtwo. I plan on revising my model since I made mewtwo WAY to dark and Cynapse gave me advice on the eyes

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hi Jaystring!

HYPE!

Character ordering. Assuming you merge Smash 4 ZSS, Mr. M, and PG into their base characters, you have (15*4-2-3)=55 character icons, 56 including Random. (Ignoring Dixie Kong, since 57 is only divisible evenly by 3 and 19)

As for me finding a specific order, that would take way to long. Just arrange it in a 7x8 grid.

These are all good. Just so you know, since you are likely using PM+BEx, you don't need to include Mewtwo and Roy, since they are included via another method)

If anything is going to make some people mad at you, its PM-CC content. It's a much smaller portion of the base now, but still be warned.

Try reducing the textures to almost nothing (Try just 1x1 pixels if you can), with Dolphin Texture replacement, and see how that might fix it.

Even for characters with reassigned ef_files, make sure they don't crash when what originally uses said files is loaded. (Specific examples that come to mind are Lyn and Ridley)

If you need a sheet of a lot of good stage options, check LXP's credits list. Not all of them are great, and some slots are redundant (I've spent the past two weeks making suggestions on how to free up slots), but there are a lot of good stuff with proper crediting (Likely saving you a ton of work).

Yes, it is professional, but in order to distinguish your build you are going to have to make a new logo at the very least. Can't help you much here.

Like I said. Once you credit everyone for the stages, the only thing that could make people mad at you (And even then, a few and not that mad) is Knuckles and Lyn.

I'd say you need two downloads for this. One of the edited files in the ISO (Just have folders people can drag and drop onto a vBrawl ISO), and another of the build itself.

So yeah, that's about it for this analysis. (That's quite a bit late)
Character slot have been purposely place at the end of CSS at random order and without really arrangement for the moment. That's simply because I was still playing with adding/removing clone and stuff. no reason to have it clean yet at this point.

and character like ZSS are not merged because I just haven't had the time or the full info on trying to merge them into 1 slot

----

Project Ganondorf doesn't work with Item, not because of filesize but because the author purposely remove some animations related to items to reduce filesize on his mod. So unfortunately, it's not compatible with item, even if I were to reduce all textures etc the animation need to be brought back. He knows about it, hopefully he's gonna fix it someday

---

I'm aware that Lyn and Ridley for the moment have conflicting ef_file. my issues are not about that.

my issue is about 2 character having different ef_file fully reassigned (unless I made a mistake but I double check like 10 times) and still crashing when you first load a match with original character THEN clone in 2nd match

for exemple, I have mario on ef_mario file and Drmario on ef_bubot, full reassigned.

1st match : mario vs anyone but dr mario : works fine
2nd match : dr mario vs anyone but NOT mario in the match, will crash when shooting a pill (and will launch a couple of error on load (with dolphin) but not crash)

It's not an issue with my build, it's something in BrawlEX. Try it in LXP, you'll see, you'll crash.

----

Thanks for the info. I've always kept a good eye on new stages release and always tried new one that looked good for like years now. I'm pretty happy with my stage selection today

---

We'll see about the logo someday. for now it's just my own custom build

--

Right now I use the modified Iso only for songs. but my SD card build if getting very close to 2gb even without songs so I'll eventually have to put more stuff into the Iso (stage probably next)

jaystring

Smash Ace
If i could make an unlearned suggestion, as it seems inevitable that optimized HW ganon is coming for wii. based on what ive seen so far, would it help if you downscaled the dying star that is his hair so that it comes out a little more natural in brightness? i doubt this will ACTUALLY decrease the triangle count or even help with optimization at all, as it's probably just aesthetic.
...god this ganon will destroy SO MANY unprepared wiis
hum, well i'm keeping the model as close as possible to the original so there's not going to be any custom visual modification except polycount cut and the texture (and probably recolors)

the texture is fully custom and to be honest, make the model look sooo kick ass. i'll show it soon

and by the way I MADE IT!!!! I have a fully featured HW ganondorf working!! with facial expresion, metal shader,yellow eyes, materials etc etc.

sooo happy about that, I struggled all weekend to make it work. filesize was such a pain. I even had to do all facial expression twice.

(because ganondorf use face morph and face morph have to have Identical model or else model will explode. my first version wouldn't run with metal shaders, was crashing so I had to cut more polygons and because I cut some in the face, all 7 facial expression had to be scrapped and redone)

It's just about the texture now then the wii version.

The model sits at17300 tri without facial. since facial use morphing, they are not calculated the same way (and actually is a much better way to do it)

The awesome news also is that it will support triforce Ganon PSA at the release (I like the PSA so I'M making it work for it now). you'll be able to use it on PM ganon or Brawl Ganon too of course.

I'm experimenting with weapons now but, of course, in true Hyrule Warriors fashion, they didn't give a s**t about polycount and all weapons have millions of polygons that I have to cut first.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Here's why adjusting textures is important

This is the dolphin version with HD texture

textures are actually not done yet, but it's a good look at where it's going

and yeah, that's a HW sword import too hidden behind his back! This one is imported for Triforce Ganondorf (I don't like that much that the sword is glued to his back when he's not using it, I might edit the PSA to remove that at some point)

It should work with PM Ganondorf taunt too.

but I'm not sure if it's going to be possible to have all sword inside the same file (Brawl ganon, Melee Ganon and pig ganon,). filesize might not allow to have 4 but it's still untested.

The HW sword is really downscale, triangle wise, it's actually very comparable to Brawl Sword in polycount.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I've heard tell of a magical code out there that makes the game load pac files everywhere and completely eliminates the need for a pcs. Should this thing actually exist, it could help you reduce the need to optimize so heavily.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
The sword is there on his back, because the newest version came with a model for a sheath to the TP sword. Which I think looks cool. But if you wanted to get rid of the sword sheath, I thought of something neat to make it look less dumb than his sword just, disappearing.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
I've heard tell of a magical code out there that makes the game load pac files everywhere and completely eliminates the need for a pcs. Should this thing actually exist, it could help you reduce the need to optimize so heavily.
i've never heard of that code.

actually, I'm not even sure why the pcs exist. it's the exact same thing as the pac except it's more compress (and it seem to focus on compressing textures since you can't really compress model data). I'm not sure what use they had for that.

HW ganondorf was a special case and reaching the pcs limit was a kind of warning that I needed to cut more triangles.

I don't think i'll be reaching Pcs file limit all the time.

but yeah, I would LOVE to remove any filesize limit, it's the most annoying thing about brawl modding. but this is dangerous for Wii User. Dev put that there to protect the hardware I believe so removing them could potentially fry the hardware.

The sword is there on his back, because the newest version came with a model for a sheath to the TP sword. Which I think looks cool. But if you wanted to get rid of the sword sheath, I thought of something neat to make it look less dumb than his sword just, disappearing.
hum.. what's the newest version and where can I get it!? I think I have 6.0b at the moment, which I thought I had the latest version and I've never seen a sheath for TP Ganondorf's sword.

I don't mind the sword dissapearing that much to be honest. Ganondorf had the tendancy to spawn swords out of nowhere in most of his games anyway.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Well yeah, but the swords would have an effect, like darkness as he spawned them. Which was my idea. I could add that in for you if you wanted it. Would look cool.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The filesize being too big on Wii probably causes a buffer overflow. No hardware damage, but it would crash the game.

Is the sword always there? To be honest I'd kind of like it better without it, but I'm probably part of the irrelevant minority. He looks amazing in game, can't wait to use it. I'll happily replace the ugly TP Ganondorf with this and maybe some recolors.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Well yeah, but the swords would have an effect, like darkness as he spawned them. Which was my idea. I could add that in for you if you wanted it. Would look cool.
Actually! It's a very very good idea!

I have a couple of stuff I would like to do to the PSA. most of it is very simple and I think I could have done it myself but it might have take me a while alone since i've not edited PSA that much before

If you want to help me, I would be super happy to collaborate, this would just speed up the release of HW ganon!

Here's the list of minor stuff I want to do :

1) Remove the sword on his back when not in sword mode (and add the darkness when spawn as you suggested)

2) bug fix : remove the sword (or make it invisible) when he grab item in sword mode. since they overlap at the moment

3) bug fix : the hitbox with the beam sword item is improperly place on light attack (it's behind him for some reason). I was going to copy hit box data/position from PM ganon to fix this

4) Bring back PM animation for losing (the standard clapping) (the triforce ganon one doesn't work very well with Hyrule Warrior Ganon's long hair)

5) (depending if filesize allow it) Investigate the possibility of having multiple sword for different costumes (essentially bringing back PM's PSA code for Melee and Twilight Ganon sword check). I have costumes plans for HW ganon :)

The rest work very well for me.

If you're interested in helping me (no need to force yourself really, just if you feel like it and have time), send me a quick PM and we can talk about it more!

The filesize being too big on Wii probably causes a buffer overflow. No hardware damage, but it would crash the game.

Is the sword always there? To be honest I'd kind of like it better without it, but I'm probably part of the irrelevant minority. He looks amazing in game, can't wait to use it. I'll happily replace the ugly TP Ganondorf with this and maybe some recolors.
At the moment yes the weapon is glued to his back when not using it (for Triforce Ganon PSA!!! if you are using standard PM Ganon, sword won't be there, it will behave exactly like PM ganon. I'm personnally using triforce Ganon which is why sword is there and shown in screenshots)

But seem like Heavy D88 might want to help me fix this.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Small Ganondorf update!

He's gonna get the option of having his Hyrule Warriors Trident if you want it instead of the sword!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Captain Toad and Captain Toadette Have been updated on BrawlVault!!!

They were crashing on dolphin 5.0 + they were way way too high res for nothing

Here's what's new for them :

1) BIG BIG BIG optimization pass on both and their pikmin. I essentially hand optimized them the same way I did for HW ganondorf
2) new material for Captain Toadette's pikmin that is a bit lighter and should run much better
3) HD textures added for both

If you were using it, I suggest to upgrade. The new version is much much better. If you were having problem with them on Wii (was already brought to me before) you might want to try this version, I suspect it will probably run much much better

Link : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208675

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Small Ganondorf update!

He's gonna get the option of having his Hyrule Warriors Trident if you want it instead of the sword!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Captain Toad and Captain Toadette Have been updated on BrawlVault!!!

They were crashing on dolphin 5.0 + they were way way too high res for nothing

Here's what's new for them :

1) BIG BIG BIG optimization pass on both and their pikmin. I essentially hand optimized them the same way I did for HW ganondorf
2) new material for Captain Toadette's pikmin that is a bit lighter and should run much better
3) HD textures added for both

If you were using it, I suggest to upgrade. The new version is much much better. If you were having problem with them on Wii (was already brought to me before) you might want to try this version, I suspect it will probably run much much better

Link : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208675
how does one go about replacing the texture on individual ganon swords?
unrelated, he looks too good to be true. dang.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
i've never heard of that code.

actually, I'm not even sure why the pcs exist. it's the exact same thing as the pac except it's more compress (and it seem to focus on compressing textures since you can't really compress model data). I'm not sure what use they had for that.

HW ganondorf was a special case and reaching the pcs limit was a kind of warning that I needed to cut more triangles.

I don't think i'll be reaching Pcs file limit all the time.

but yeah, I would LOVE to remove any filesize limit, it's the most annoying thing about brawl modding. but this is dangerous for Wii User. Dev put that there to protect the hardware I believe so removing them could potentially fry the hardware.

hum.. what's the newest version and where can I get it!? I think I have 6.0b at the moment, which I thought I had the latest version and I've never seen a sheath for TP Ganondorf's sword.

I don't mind the sword dissapearing that much to be honest. Ganondorf had the tendancy to spawn swords out of nowhere in most of his games anyway.
also, pretty sure the PCS exists for solo play. generally everything that you do in "solo" mode, but i could be wrong

jaystring

Smash Ace
how does one go about replacing the texture on individual ganon swords?
unrelated, he looks too good to be true. dang.
hum I guest you mean how to set them up per costumes!? you can use the same technique used for Brawl / OOT /Pig Ganon from PM.

so you could set sword on costume 1-2-3 and trident on costume 4-5-6. etc

you could also, I think, if you're good with PSA, spawn them at random. so each time you taunt it could be the trident or Sword.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
hum I guest you mean how to set them up per costumes!? you can use the same technique used for Brawl / OOT /Pig Ganon from PM.

so you could set sword on costume 1-2-3 and trident on costume 4-5-6. etc

you could also, I think, if you're good with PSA, spawn them at random. so each time you taunt it could be the trident or Sword.
I'm a bit confused as to what you plan to do with the sword/trident for PM. Until Pyotr puts out his shiny new 20 costume (supposedly now infinite costumes) code, it's probably going to replace one of the weapons already in there, yes?

jaystring

Smash Ace
I'm a bit confused as to what you plan to do with the sword/trident for PM. Until Pyotr puts out his shiny new 20 costume (supposedly now infinite costumes) code, it's probably going to replace one of the weapons already in there, yes?
The sword and trident import are going to be additional optional weapons that i'll include in the download that you can use if you want in your build. Nothing more then this.

Assuming there's no filesize issues, and you know how to edit these, it would be possible to have something like this :

costume 0 : Brawl Ganondorf with Brawl Sword
costume 1 : Melee PM ganondorf with Melee PM sword
costume 2 : Pig Ganon with custom trident
costume 3 : HW Ganondorf with HW sword.

etc.

I'm just including the additionnal weapon and will let people decide if they want to use it or not. I'll personally going to be using them.

Infinite costumes!? never heard of that. sounds too awesome to be true!

Top Bottom