• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaxinville FL Thread *WE GOIN HAM ON LoL SHAWTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Lol.

And yeah don't know wherethat question camefrom lol. but did not expect that answer :p

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
UNF crowd posting :D

going to gainesville this friday. gage is going too. gonna do crew battle for shiittts.. fun times.

if anyone is interested in going let me know

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed for Friday: Me, Gage, Chip, Nick, Kevin, Brian :D

Ian is trying to get off of work
Chris needs a ride after 9pm..
Others arent really interested in traveling as usual.. QQ

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
LOL i am so salty at this thread now.
Mawzful ill call u when i get home, which will most likely be around 3-4ish

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks for coming. I'm blown away to see more Jacksonville players show up to a Gville fest than Gainesville people. It was nice to see all of the new faces.

C-PO: GGs man. Now let's see you do some run off n-air edgeguards. I think it's really effective.
Redd: I honestly halfway don't wanna suggest this to ya' because it's alot more work on my end of the matchup. But just play gayer vs Doc. Patience and spaced f-airs do alot of the work for Marth against my Dr Mario. I think you could take Dr. Mario if you just had more Doc experience.
Cody Xoff: GGs man, your Falco's gettin' better.
Good seeing/meeting everyone else; Brian, Chris Marsfool, Ian, Rob, Gage

GGs Jacksonville

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to play with any of the Jacksonville players, as I had arrived too late, and my housing was required to leave.

I really, really hope that you'll bring all of your players back again sometime. I'd like to play Gage. Harriet holds him in high regards.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Who are you
Where in Jax do you live
Do you smoke ganja
Do you feel like playing today

Smashfest @ my house, anyone is welcome.

Also, Im not calling people and texting and all that ****. You guys can use smashboards just like any other city if you really want to play. I dont see any need to baby you guys, come on now I dont have time to personally ****ing invite anyone because for some strange reason you feel like I should be obliged to.

Linguini

Smash Master
Chris is right, if you guys are trying to expand your scene and actually want a community rather than a group of smashers in your city, then communication on smashboards is a must. The problem lies in the ushering of new players and such. This same situation used to happen in SFL and many potential smashers quit very early due to the majority of the veteran players simply communicating through text and other means instead of defining the scene on the boards.

It's sad, but true. Hope you guys can make it back to gville soon though.

word

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
I just got done explaining this same topic with Gage tonight. Ironic. But sadly, everyone wants to be pampered when it comes to being invited and notified of smash events.

Anyways, Jax will be hosting weekly tournaments on Wednesdays @ 6pm (This is subject to change). It is free entry, and mainly to practice, spark interest, and build a community. There is absolutely no way we will meet everyones needs as far as the date and time, but i want to make it as convenient as possible.

In summary:
Free Smash Tourneys
Wednesdays @ 6pm
Let me know what you think via posting here

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Who are you
Where in Jax do you live
Do you smoke ganja
Do you feel like playing today

Smashfest @ my house, anyone is welcome.

Also, Im not calling people and texting and all that ****. You guys can use smashboards just like any other city if you really want to play. I dont see any need to baby you guys, come on now I dont have time to personally ****ing invite anyone because for some strange reason you feel like I should be obliged to.
In response to your questions:
- I am Jason
- On the Southside of Jacksonville (near the UNF campus
- Sorry, I don't do any of the herbal essences
- I was at the time I read this post

I know who you are, Chris. We played a while back at Brandon's place before he moved.

Anyway, I am glad to read that you all are getting back into it because when I started showing up at the game room, it seemed like the veterans had given up or stopped playing for whatever reason. Most of the crew may know me as that black marvel player because I used to always try to meet, practice, and play people there but I'm familiar with a lot of the crew that played like Chris, Chip, Cody, Geoff, Ian, Rob, Andre, Anthony, Pritch, and a few other no-namers.

Well, I'm gonna' try and attend these sessions but my schedule usually allows me to be more available in the afternoons and late evenings (like after 9 pm). It was always wonderful learning from you guys and playing you at the time and then all of a sudden I don't know what happened and why everyone dropped but if this is for real this time, then let's make it happen.

Take care.

C-PO

Smash Apprentice
-Jason! Whaddup?

-Cody i will def be at the tourny, i will be able to smash as soon as i get off work that day.

However, i need a new alternator so i am currently immobile.
I should be able to work out a ride, but we shall see..

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
yo thanks for bringing project M in. ****s pretty fun man. Gage's snake is already OP.. sadface.

ggs falco vs jiggs! :D

reminder: tourney tomorrow (Wed) 6pm @ gameroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom