• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jash toon link vs ADHD diddy (Get out of here NL!)

ADHD

Smash Hero
No one is pointing out mistakes really, so I guess I was pretty solid in this set. I just had to be a bit more careful I guess.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
No one is pointing out mistakes really, so I guess I was pretty solid in this set. I just had to be a bit more careful I guess.
Ya basically, I mean as far as my diddy knowledge goes that is what a good diddy looks like. I could post something dumb like "You smashed at 'some time' when you could have grabbed" but I am sure you are aware of little things like that. There is nothing that really sticks out and says 'he shouldn't be doing that'.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
When you are up against a Toon Link, abuse the Barrel Cancel. So many projectiles, so many opportunities. I'm not sure if all of his projectiles cancel it out because I don't use it much myself, but it seemed like you really took a beating from them.

ADHD

Smash Hero
When you are up against a Toon Link, abuse the Barrel Cancel. So many projectiles, so many opportunities. I'm not sure if all of his projectiles cancel it out because I don't use it much myself, but it seemed like you really took a beating from them.
I was scared to do that because the barrels are never a good answer because they're very risky but I'll take your word on it next time and barrel cancel much more. Do arrows set off the barrels as well?

If I was the mewtwo ADHD in florida co18 would always get knocked into the losers bracket by me down there :)

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I was scared to do that because the barrels are never a good answer because they're very risky but I'll take your word on it next time and barrel cancel much more. Do arrows set off the barrels as well?

If I was the mewtwo ADHD in florida co18 would always get knocked into the losers bracket by me down there :)
I'll test that for you now. And yes it is risky but if he is close to you then there is pretty much a 50/50 chance that it will go in his direction.

EDIT: Arrows don't work, Boomerang does, zair does, and bombs do. It's worth it if you ask me.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
No trust me, it isn't worth it. The 20% the barrels do hit them, they just can't follow up. If you can barrel cancel you can shield or spotdodge. Only do a barrel cancel two or three times to keep him from spamming too much.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
No trust me, it isn't worth it. The 20% the barrels do hit them, they just can't follow up. If you can barrel cancel you can shield or spotdodge. Only do a barrel cancel two or three times to keep him from spamming too much.
If you are being owned my projectiles then there is no reason not too. Diddy doesn't really have many options in this area so the only thing that can counter is the barrel cancel.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
only barrel cancel to stop his projectile/zair approaches otherwise...commence the **** as always chrome :3 btw dnt let him nair ur bananas >_<

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Hmmm all i can say is never attack him from above barrel cancel aint rlly gonna help your nannas are better erm stay on the ground more TL's air game is one of his best attributes and like someone said never go after him off stage unless your positive you'll get him and get back but this match up all about mind games just gotta out think em

CO18

Smash Hero

How will I be getting knocked into losers if Id be consistently 2 stocking you?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I played Jash at COT4 in a $5 MM. It went to game 3 and Jash KO'd me at 160% while he was at 170%. All three games were last stock with both of us over at least 130%.

I do not like barrel canceling on non-stage object (ie the opponents attacks/projectiles, the exception being D3's Up-B).

ADHD

Smash Hero
I played Jash at COT4 in a $5 MM. It went to game 3 and Jash KO'd me at 160% while he was at 170%. All three games were last stock with both of us over at least 130%.

I do not like barrel canceling on non-stage object (ie the opponents attacks/projectiles, the exception being D3's Up-B).
jash is quite a good tl i heard quivo say you were playing really badly though :ohwell:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
stop bytching chrome. Jash doesnt have a PC right now so thats why he tells me. Jeez. Everybody calm down.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, COT4 I was not at my best. I think part of my problem may have been not eating. From Friday night through Sunday night I had:
1 Mcdonalds hamburder
1 large french fries
2 pieces for bread
1 bag of skittles
2 soft drinks
some water
Thats it, over like a 72 hour period.

Sorta a john I suppose, but not getting enough sleep/having enough energy from food at 2 day tournaments can really effect your performance. Lesson learned.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Yea, COT4 I was not at my best. I think part of my problem may have been not eating. From Friday night through Sunday night I had:
1 Mcdonalds hamburder
1 large french fries
2 pieces for bread
1 bag of skittles
2 soft drinks
some water
Thats it, over like a 72 hour period.

Sorta a john I suppose, but not getting enough sleep/having enough energy from food at 2 day tournaments can really effect your performance. Lesson learned.
same results happen to me >_<

Top Bottom