• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
also, for those who don't know, Akira (Kobayashi) is also AK, an oldschool Japanese Pikachu who used to be one of Japan's best Pikachus. He now plays falco in melee.

uhh, random information lol. haha

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
New videos from the western japanese tourney scene coming soon. This weekend a tourney of the westsmash series took place. The top 4 are:

1. Ganbara Nai (Falco / Snake)
2. 9B (Ice Climbers)
3. Hiko (Snake)
4. Nagahari (Diddy)

More details might come up later but videos of these players / characters should be up sooner or later.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
cool, I should check the site more. Any idea of th rest of the placings
Unfortunately I don't. If you check smashbrothers.org [the translation of your standard Browser should be good enough] you can check the most recent event of the westsmash series by clicking the link in the "event" box. Click it and have the Browser translate it for you then you will see the result. The problem is that only the top 4 are personally mentioned on the site while the rest of the entrants is only shown on the bracket picture - which is hand painted so the names are never actually translated because a picture can't be translated. If you can read japanese then you will be able to tell the names of the players but I can't read it. The only thing I see is that Ocean [ROB] got 9th, Cross [Sheik] got 17th and White [Peach] got 25th. For the rest I would need somebody who can read japanese to translate this.

And JFYI [in case you read the whole page and use google chrome]:

Fragments = Kakera - IC
Fee Cherry = Ken [not 100% sure though] - Lucario
Well into the = Nietono [also not 100% sure] - Olimar
The beam is = Nagahari - Diddy
Tako Isu = Isotaku - DDD
Work harder = Ganbara Nai - Various

Why are there no japanese ZSS players?
Because few people in japan use ZSS.

Edit: It seems that currently Melee videos of the tournament are being uploaded so Brawl vids should be up soon too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Update with a bunch of new sets:

Nagahari (Diddy) vs 9B (ICs)
Ganbara Nai (Falco) vs Earth (Pit)
Nagahari (Diddy) vs hiko (Snake)
9B (ICs/DDD) vs Ganbara Nai (Snake)
9B (ICs) vs hiko (Snake)

You can find them in their respective character section. I will also remove some older videos from the list.

Suinoko has posted the results for the top 20:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11252682&postcount=1

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lots of new videos on ssbbmania1's channel. This weekend there's also a westsmash tourney - big update coming as soon as these videos are being uploaded.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The tourney is actually today. I'm just waiting for the videos of that tournament before I update this thread.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
http://smashbrothers.org/tournament/x/xlist3.htm

9B, Earth, Nagahari, Miyacchi, Masashi, Ocean, Ganbara Nai, Otori, Kakera; Pretty much the usual suspects for a westsmash tourney minus Souther, Akira and Smasher. Kakera and Otori aren't normally at these tourneys though afaik.

Man, that tourney is stacked with ICs. 0_o

Elletrico

Smash Cadet
Just saw one of the recently uploaded videos.
Yoshi Island was played on, so did the rules in Japan change?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
People need to get rid of the idea that "the japanese" have one ruleset used in all of their tournaments. Just as the rules can vary within the USA, the rules vary within Japan. Some of their tourneys have only FD, SV and BF. But others also allow Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Stadium 1 and Delphino.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The top 4 of the westsmash tourney:

1. 9B - ICs / DDD
2. Miyacchi - ICs
3. Shin - Fox
4. Nagahari - Diddy

Assuming Suinoko will post full results on SWF sooner or later.

Edit: I'm actually quite curious to see full results. Japan tourneys seem inconsistent.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
ICs are broken, and Japan uses them better than us. I'll have to study their ICs to determine if I'm underrating them.

Also, their MKs are underdeveloped. Akira uses a lot of the same tactics as M2k, but at way less proficiency, and just isn't that good. Still a **** fine top MK.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Westsmash videos are uploaded:

Shin [Fox] vs Yo-Sai [MK]
9B [ICs] vs Otori [MK]
Nagahari [Diddy] vd Miyacchi [ICs]
9B [ICs] vs Shin [Fox]
Miyacchi [ICs] vs Shin [Fox]
Miyacchi [ICs] vs 9B [ICs]

Big Update:

- Removed players with no new videos [this includes Gano for Diddy Kong ad Kakera for ICs!!!] and older videos
- All new westsmash videos and most of ssbbmania1's videos have been added
- Lots of new videos for Diddy Kong [Tige and Nagahari], Fox [YUI and Shin], Ice Climbers [9B and Miyacchi], Olimar [Nietono and Brood] as well as Snake [Shuu] and Meta Knight [Eru and Otori]
- Tige, Shin and Eru are the "newcomers" in their respective characters' section

Laem

Smash Champion
this new influx has made me a believer:
The japanese are so much better at this game :awesome:
ganbaranai is also like the best name ever

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Welcome to the good side, tonie :)

Fun fact: While digging through japanese Channels on youtube I found some new videos on Karamity's Channel - they are all low tier! They are really entertaining so I added them to the OP. It's Karamity [Yoshi] vs Dio [Ganon] and Dio vs Smasher [Link]. Dio has an amazing Ganondorf and Smasher's Link is absolutely insane [best one I've seen yet].

.AC.

Smash Lord
good stuff, so many ics

what does ganbaranai mean?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Results of the westsmash tourney:

1nd: 9B - :popo: :dedede:
2nd: Miyacchi - :popo:
3rd: Shin - :fox:
4th: Nagahari - :diddy:
5th: Otori - :metaknight:
5th: Yo-Sai - :metaknight:
7th: Earth - :pit: :sheik:
7th: Rever - :wario: [???]
9th: Ocean - :rob:
9th: Phisakura - :lucario:
9th: Karamity - :yoshi2:
9th: [???]

Some 40 entrants. Masashi, Akira, Ganbara Nai, Souther, Smasher and hiko all weren't there - all according to www.smashbrothers.org

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Small update with the new videos from numaburamovie - this includes videos of Masashi's Pit and most notably the first high level ZSS we've seen from Japan in a while. Stay tuned for the westsmash tourney during the first weekend of december as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Before the next westsmash tourney, there's actually going to be a Ketubato tomorrow. I don't know too many details but I'm expecting video uploads on one of the recommended channels or queensaki's channel the following days. I'll also stay tuned for results.

Don't expect Mario vids though :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ketubato Tourney is over. It had ~40 entrants. The results are posted here:

http://ketubato.seesaa.net/article/171042839.html

Top 8:

1: Masashi - Pit / MK?
2: 9B - IC / DDD?
3: El - MK
4: Nagahari - Diddy
5: Akira - MK / Various
5: OCEAN - ROB
7: IKKI - ZSS
7: Smasher - Toon Link / Various

Hoping for videos to be uploaded soon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EL I only know by name. From the results I've seen it seems that he plays MK but used to main Ike [no idea if he still uses him]. Never actually seen him in action on any video. He could be somebody like Shikkoku who's mad good but just happens to not have [m]any videos up. I hope we get to see videos of him.

As far as Nagahari is concerned it seems like he's not placing anywhere outside of 4th these days. The last 2 westsmash tourneys he got 4th and at the SRT rehersal too. Now he got 4th again but I don't think he lost to anybody outside of the top 8.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ketubato videos are being uploaded onto queensaki's channel. Nagahari vs El, 9B vs El and Masashi vs 9B are already up.

Will update after the next westsmash tourney - it seems to be larger than usual and according to the attendant list Rain will make an appearance as well next to the "usual suspects" [aka 9B, Miyacchi, Nagahari, etc]

Edit: Nevermind, I will actually add Ketubato videos today. Looks like all videos from singles are up already.

Edit 2: Updated

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Results of the latest SumabatoX tourney [part of the westsmash series] have been released. The tourney was held this weekend.

1st 9B :popo: :dedede:
2nd Earth :pit: :sheik: [according to www.smashbrothers.org also :metaknight:]
3rd IKKI :zerosuitsamus:
4th Aki :falco: [not to be confused with Akira! Also used :snake: and :metaknight: according to www.smashbrothers.org]
5th Nagahari :diddy:
5th El :metaknight:
7th Smasher :toonlink:
7th Shin :fox:
9th Miyacchi :popo:
9th hiko :snake:
9th Kuroan :snake:
9th Gaia :fox:
13th Ocean :rob:
13th busa :random:
13th Gurasu :random:
13th RAIN :falco: :metaknight:

Edit: Videos of the tourney are in the OP. You will find them either in the IC section (9B) or ZSS section (IKKI)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Apparently he lost in an early upset to a player named Cross [Sheik I believe] in round 1 winners. Then he lost to one of the players who eventually took 5th. So either El or Nagahari.

Top Bottom