• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aiyyo Volt, I got (another) question.

Do you guys have a base of Peach players? I don't see too much of those from Japan

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There's a youtube channel named hyde6tetsu9 - it has a lot of sets from SRBT 1-2 uploaded. Most interestingly Rain - despite what the bracket may look like - is far from "dominating" his region. He went down to last hit with Yui and got close to losing against Mikeneko.

Edit: Of course Unneurotic was faster than me >_<

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Kakera should play ICs again :(
Seems like he got a bit worse since MK only :x
But w/e, if he prefers to go MK only, its his decision anyway :S

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Id willingly upload SLS vs Abadango today in HD if I could find the replay.

Edit: I see that is already uploaded on Numaburamovie. I gotta subscribe to him then.

And yeah a lot of my friends are wondering why Kakera doesn't go ICs vs Yui at least. Haven't seen Kakera go ICs since he dittoed Esam at Apex.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So while I'm digging through various youtube channels to check which videos I'll add into the OP here's a little info update on the next Sumabato.

There will be a "lightweight" and "heavyweight" competition. The "heavyweights" are top 10 placers from previous Sumabato tourneys and include the following players:

9B - :popo:
Suinoko - :diddy:
Isotaku - :dedede:
Moxyomoto - :olimar:
Rever - :wario: :metaknight:
Akira - :metaknight:
Nagahari - :diddy:
Komorikiri - :marth:
Kuroobi - :snake:
Abadango - :falco:
phisakura - :lucario:
Shige - :random:
Rakyawo - :gw:
Misaki - :metaknight:
Otori - :metaknight:
Nietono - :olimar:
Souther - :snake:
Selcia - :metaknight:
Earth - :pit:
Kie - :peach:
C-Stick - :fox:
Cross - :sheik:
Shogun - :snake:
Modori - :marth:
Yunon - :popo:

No word from SLS, Kakera or Rain yet!
Favorites for the leightweight championship include Ocean, El and Ganbaranai.

Keitaro

Yui was outplaying SLS imo in all 3 matches. The last 2 Yui kept going for the up-smash too predictably though. 3rd game SLS went for a fair that Yui blocked and so SLS was wide open but Yui up-smashed the wrong way. I'd like to see them play again soon.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Game one, for sure, but they were pretty even game two and three. SLS generally had the percent lead, but Fox kills really early, even on FD.

I understand why you might think Yui was outplaying SLS for the most part, but SLS was definitely outplaying Yui on his last stock game three imo.

But Yui definitely would've won if he landed that upsmash.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Shige mains Diddy, he subs mk

Yes, we have peach players, but there's not many.  There's Kii (Not Kie), R, Taku, and a few others. Theyre are all decent

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Shige also plays Falco, Wario, Pikachu and ICs. I can never tell which character he'll actually end up using.

Keitaro

If any replays for Japanese tournaments are saved and need to be uploaded let me know. I'm on Spring Break so I have a lot of free time.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato is happening next weekend. Kakera, Masashi, Aki, SLS and busa are added in the "heavyweight" class and by now the tourney has surpassed 120 entrants. Heavyweight event will be insane.

Tesh

Smash Hero
last one i watched was the grand finals at 3 in the morning.

Keitaro

Kakera's MK or ICs? I'm still trying to make sure that 9B's ICs haven't lost to a MK in tourney ever before I start announcing it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I never heard of Kakera beating 9B in tourney. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Miyacchi?

Top Bottom