• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Tier List

ArC_man

Smash Ace
Well if that's true, then why are high level matches between Fox & Sheik/Marth so close almost all the time? If Fox belongs in a whole tier ahead of Sheik & Marth, then a good Fox should beat an equally skilled Marth or Sheik by 2 stocks or more every time, or almost every time.
What if each char was in their own tier? Or what if we split all the chars into 3 tiers? Or better yet what if no one ever bothered to make a tier list? OMFG TEH WORLD WOULD END!!! It's one little tier gap, get over it.

Falco can beat any top tier... but falco's not top tier is he? (omg 1 tier difference!). Link can beat many chars in the high tier, once again 1 tier difference. Just cause fox is ranked higher (IN JAPAN) doesn't mean he should automatically **** everyone by 2-3 stock, wtf kinda logic is that?

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
The really sad thing about this is that tiers don't matter unless you're at an incredibly high level of play where things like ease of character (sheik) use don't make much difference. Time spent arguing about something stupid like "fox is in the highet tier ever" is time that could be spent trying to reach and getting closer to that high level. I doubt most, if any, of the people posting on this topic (myself included) are at this level of play.

Dr.Capsule

Smash Apprentice
As I see it, you could take away all those tier-parts and it wouldn't affect the list, now would it? The only use you could have of it is in Lowtier-tourneys. Jiggly is just a little better than Ganon, Luigi is just a little better than Link and according to the Japanese tier-list, Fox is better than Sheik. I could care less about the fact that he has his own tier. He's simply the best according to them.

And to boot, ever heard of the saying "Don't blame the messenger"? JesusFreak just posted what a great Japanese player told him was the list and he's the one you're flaming. Flame Captain Jack and see what he says instead...

EDIT: There you go ShortShortShorts.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
I wonder where Doc places on the list. I heard somewhere that he was near the top since he doesn't have a counter- but I guess they were wrong. Kind of interesting though. To have a tier just for one character would mean that character should excel in some form or another when compared to the other characters. Although to consider him godly...heh- that might be pushing it.

nintendoaddict

Smash Cadet
According to CJ, both Mario and Doc should be on top of Upper Tier. If you want to see what a good Mario can do, there are 2 vids of a player named Brown Mario on CJ's site.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why don't we juss say everyone from High to Top (except Luigi, he's low tier :rolleyes: ) has the skills to win a tourney? I mean, obviously we think sheik, marth, fox are top with peach and falco close behind. Then CJ goes on to tell us that mario and doc are good as well and with him using ganon quite a lot too. After that, you see characters who are used to counter those top characters as well like jiggs and the speedy falcon or samus to throw people off.

I think CJ is making his own personal tier list in his mind. He prolly doesn't think sum characters are high as they are because of the people he plays there. The falco player, I think Taizo on his site, while plays very well, it juss doesn't seem like he is capable of winning anything major. So then this leads to him to rank falco slightly lower.

Who knows.. juss a possiblilty

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yeah good point. He also says Link should be upper.:crazy:

This is an approximation from what I've gathered from talking to him:

GOD
Fox

Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falco

Upper
Falcon
Samus
Jiggly
Link
ICs

High
Ganon
Mario
Doc

Mid
Roy
Pika
Luigi
Yoshi
DK
Ness

Low
Y Link
Kirby
Zelda
G&W

Bottom
Bowser
Pichu
Mewtwo

Now this isn't probably 100% accurate, I wasn't sure where to place the marios, Ness, or Y Link. I based those decisions on some of the things he's said, some Japanese videos, and a little bit of my own opinion. But overall this is what he's told me.

_Star_Fox_101

Smash Apprentice
Ok, dosent cptain jack have a smashboards name? Didint he post that topic with the link to his videos?
Just tell him to post the japanese tiers in this topic instead of you trying to remember what he told you about the tiers.

Oh and BTW are you serious about luigi? Why is he all a sudden so low? He should be with the marios, did jack tell you specifically that luigi is not good?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Originally posted by _Star_Fox_101
Ok, dosent cptain jack have a smashboards name? Didint he post that topic with the link to his videos?
Just tell him to post the japanese tiers in this topic instead of you trying to remember what he told you about the tiers.

Oh and BTW are you serious about luigi? Why is he all a sudden so low? He should be with the marios, did jack tell you specifically that luigi is not good?
I'm not "trying to remember" I'm posting what he told me, and then filling in the gaps myself. Yes he did say Luigi should be mid. He didn't mention Kirby to me and he never mentioned specific tiers for the Marios, Samus, Falcon, Yoshi, Pika, or Ganon.

Originally posted by JesusFreak, originally said by Captain Jack

And in respone to all the Tier freaks out there: "no need care about it" "just enjoy ssbm :demon:"

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Regarding the numbers in the original post, there's no way in **** those are averaged based on match-ups. Or at least I certainly hope not. I mean, do you know what that'd mean Fox had a 10/0 (which probably isn't even possible at all, btw) match-up for EVERY opponent? SSBM would be even more broken than MvC2 at the highest levels. I completely understand that Fox would probably **** everyone for free if played perfectly, but human skill does come into play at one point or another in all respectable tier lists. It's the reason Lee isn't considered to be better than Jin in T4. Theory fighter only gets you so far.

What would "perfect play" be anyway? No one ever getting hit....?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Even though this is confusing and it may not seem as though we're getting anywhere, remember that regaurdless whether you believe it or not we are learning others points of view of the characters. It is entertaining.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
No way Zelda is in low tier. She has a great shield pressure game by wall of paining her kicks when the opponent shields. Most of the characters that could do that are high-god tier, ex. fox shine falco shine, Ganon neutral A punch, Peach slaps, etc. And she can easily combo her n-air into finishers like n-air to f-smash. I havent seen any Japanese players play Zelda yet. I would leave her in mid tier since she has a multitude of death combos no matter what the weight of the characters are. Floaties are more easily lightning kicked, fast fallers are more easily comboed, and mid weight are more easily lightning kicked and comboed by her.

aho43

Smash Lord
If everyone had their way no one would be low tier, but the fact is, someone has to be down there.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
JF, that 2nd Japan tier list is awesome, I'm gonna go stick it on me refrigerator ^_^.

And in my diary, and on a big markerboard in my room, and as a big poster with Link on it and IC and pikachu.... >_>

......and in my trapper keeper.... and on a shirt...... and I'm gonna show my mom...... >_>_>_>

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

Yes, they are.

Anyway, dead thread, super bump, don't do it, etc.
u say not to resurrect, but then when ppl make new threads to ask about stuff thats already been discussed, the elitists say to try searching the boards first and stop being teh nubz0rz. kinda hypocritical, no?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
u say not to resurrect, but then when ppl make new threads to ask about stuff thats already been discussed, the elitists say to try searching the boards first and stop being teh nubz0rz. kinda hypocritical, no?
There's a difference between old threads and outdated threads, this being one of the latter type.

Top Bottom