• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shears

Smash Master
So I created a temporary site using free hosting for the rankings. Before I can continue with it all and uploading all the results and making it interactive for everyone to use, I will need everyone to create an account so the databases can be populated with the correct info. Simpy, click 'Login/Sign up' and create an account. Once your account is created, go to 'My Ranks' and add yourself to the rankings by selecting your character and clicking 'Add Rank'. For now this is all you can do. Once there are accounts uploaded and added to the ranks, I will add the additional functionality for everyone to start using the app for the rankings and upload any already conducted matches. All your passwords are encrypted so do not be too concerned with security. Do not use alternative accounts and bogus passwords. Treat this as the actual ranking system. Here is the link:

http://supershears-001-site1.mywindowshosting.com/

I'll make it prettier and more user friendly later. I did this in a few hours last night so don't judge. Don't start doubting the app because you don't see everything you can imagine or its not fully functional. REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A BETA AND IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. But in order for everything to be tested I need data, and better to get the data from all of you.

If the sign up instructions do not work, please let me know, anything else not working is because it is currently in beta. Please do not be malicious when using this and trying to crash/break/DDOS it.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
So I finished the basics of the site. You can schedule matches, report results, and view the match histories of every person. Features to come: embedded videos of each match, a more comprehensive view of matches and their results, multiple characters per profile, make it look prettier, etc. For anyone who created an account I had to change your passwords so I could log in, test everything and upload data. As for everyone who didn't create an account, I created one for you. All the match results as recorded on studstills google doc have been added. I have not added inactive deductions yet but will probably do that tomorrow. Here is the site url again, tell me what you all think and if you need your login information just message me and ill send you your password. You can change your password from the site, also enter your email address as you will be able to receive notifications of match requests and submission reports in the future.

I know the url looks like **** but its a free host that provides all the features needed to run the site. Ill buy a domain or move it to bloodpeachs or studstills or whatever later, but for now this will work perfectly and is easily portable when its ready to move.

Instructions:

1. Login
2. Click the name of someone you want to challenge to a match in the rankings
3. Click 'Send Challenge'
4a. Wait until they accept your challenge
4b. To accept challenges click 'My Challenges' and click accept in the challenge requests received section
5. Play match
6. Click 'My Matches' and report your match. Provide the date you played, then click the name of the winner. In order for a match to count and prevent fraud, both players must login and report the match, only when the reported results are identical will the match be put into effect and the rankings updated.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 and kick ass.

**I designed it to be an api (its not really standardized so it uses form data instead of wsdl or soap, I was drunk for most of this and did it quickly so don't be greedy, not everything has to meet the w3c standards you damn commies) that uses separate http requests, so if anyone wants to integrate with the app, message me and I can give you the parameters each function takes and the data it returns**

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
-1 penalty given to the following:

:kirby64: Revan
:samus64: Cobr

:kirby64: \\Killer//
:dk64: Near
:falcon64: soup
:pikachu64: Sojant
:falcon64: Sensei
:falcon64: JosephZander
:falcon64: .SHIZSEI.

These people need to play:
( B )
:kirby64: Stranded { +2 } 2014-04-13 (9 days inactive)
:fox64: Hipstur { -2 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)

( C )
:pikachu64: Mariguas { +1 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)
:fox64: KitePhox { 0 } 2014-04-13 (9 days inactive)
:falcon64: Combo Blaze { -1 } 2014-04-15 (7 days inactive)
:pikachu64: Dr. Combos { -2 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)
:fox64: $@M&R { -2 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)

( D )
:kirby64: Karajan { +2 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)
:mario64: Beardhammer { -1 } 2014-04-14 (8 days inactive)

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
This looks fun, sign me up as TwilightSparkle with Ness. The ranks are lacking in DJC characters.
Already signed up for the site.
So, I'm assuming that for the time being we'll just report everything to this thread primarily and the site as well. :confused:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Writing your own ajax code instead of just using like jquery or something. You must've been drunk haha.

Great work on the site so far, though! It looks like you have a lot of the backend stuff figured out and working already.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So I finished the basics of the site. You can schedule matches, report results, and view the match histories of every person. Features to come: embedded videos of each match, a more comprehensive view of matches and their results, multiple characters per profile, make it look prettier, etc. For anyone who created an account I had to change your passwords so I could log in, test everything and upload data. As for everyone who didn't create an account, I created one for you. All the match results as recorded on studstills google doc have been added. I have not added inactive deductions yet but will probably do that tomorrow. Here is the site url again, tell me what you all think and if you need your login information just message me and ill send you your password. You can change your password from the site, also enter your email address as you will be able to receive notifications of match requests and submission reports in the future.

I know the url looks like **** but its a free host that provides all the features needed to run the site. Ill buy a domain or move it to bloodpeachs or studstills or whatever later, but for now this will work perfectly and is easily portable when its ready to move.

Instructions:

1. Login
2. Click the name of someone you want to challenge to a match in the rankings
3. Click 'Send Challenge'
4a. Wait until they accept your challenge
4b. To accept challenges click 'My Challenges' and click accept in the challenge requests received section
5. Play match
6. Click 'My Matches' and report your match. Provide the date you played, then click the name of the winner. In order for a match to count and prevent fraud, both players must login and report the match, only when the reported results are identical will the match be put into effect and the rankings updated.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 and kick ***.

**I designed it to be an api (its not really standardized so it uses form data instead of wsdl or soap, I was drunk for most of this and did it quickly so don't be greedy, not everything has to meet the w3c standards you damn commies) that uses separate http requests, so if anyone wants to integrate with the app, message me and I can give you the parameters each function takes and the data it returns**
looks sweet

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It's very unlikely I'll get back at this without my 360 controller, and I don't have plans to buy a new one anytime soon. I can either just get eliminated or you can remove me, it's your choice.

Shears

Smash Master
I will use the site once those character pics get some transparency
I don't have photoshop and don't feel like illegally downloading it again, I also hate drawing and making pictures so if anyone would be so kind as to help out and create high resolution, transparent sprites for the site and email them to me I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone could basically download copies of the images off smashboards and send them to me that would be perfect (I tried this already but the images are rendered by referencing a sprite matrix after a blank image is already loaded so the copy image browser function doesn't work, and I instead downloaded the whole sprite png and cropped it all in ms paint, hence the white background).

I'll have video uploads done later today, so everyone can just click their match and upload their videos. I also added a match feed.

Shears

Smash Master
You can now upload videos, just click the match you have a video for, enter in the youtube url and click upload video. If anyone experiences errors or difficulties uploading videos let me know, I've never fooled around with youtubes video embedding before so my url parsing may not be perfect.

Shears

Smash Master
So I made some changes to the site:

-You can challenge and accept challenges to play matches to/from anyone, there is no tier or point restriction on this.

-When reporting a match, if the match is eligible to be ranked (meaning both players are within a point of each other), then a check box will appear asking you if the match was ranked. If the checkbox is checked, then the match counts towards the rankings, if the checkbox is unchecked, then it doesn't count towards the rankings.

-If a match is reported as ranked, it is checked on the server to validate the ranking eligibility, so all you hacks out there can't weasel your way through the rankings. I'm looking at you @ tehz tehz because you're the only one to have admitted looking at my AJAX code so far.

-I've added administrative privileges to individuals that will allow them to report and create matches for anyone, so if anyone reports here and doesn't report on the site, these proud and lucky few can update the site accordingly.

The reason for the changes to the match reporting and challenges is I figured this can be used for more than just rankings, it can be a place for people to find matches and schedule times to play each other. All matches (ranked, tournament, friendlies, etc) can be reported on the site and the videos uploaded so a repository of all matches played, all videos recorded, and all characters used can be managed and accessed through a user friendly, comprehensive website. This means each account is your playercard. It can show you rank, your past matches, who you have played as and who you have played against. So if you wanted to find matches that boom has played, you can click on his player card and find everything he has done and what character matchups were played. Extensions to this that will be added in the future are stage selection, and multiple character ranks per user. Your competitive and friendly super smash bros playing experience starts here.

I would hope that everyone can start using this as a social/ranked match lobby. I will be adding a message feature so you can communicate with each other and make schedules. Because this is made to extend beyond the rankings and this japanese structure, I'm wondering if the site should be added to the index or not @ Sangoku Sangoku ? Any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, protests from the Koroshiyoshi Communist Party, please direct towards me.

If anyone would like to assist in adding matches and videos from tournaments, friendlies, etc. for matches that are not your own, message me and I can give you administrative privileges (adding match data is the only privilege so far).

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I totally support this being in the index. @M!nt what do you think?

Also does this mean I can sign up and upload matches vs Z (for example) even if I don't participate the Japanese style ranking?

Shears

Smash Master
I totally support this being in the index. @M!nt what do you think?

Also does this mean I can sign up and upload matches vs Z (for example) even if I don't participate the Japanese style ranking?
Yes, you will be added to the rankings, but you don't have to choose to participate in ranked matches. Your name will just sit at C0 forever. If you politically have something wrong with your name being on a list while not making a difference, I can go out of my way to remove it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Uhhh apparently someone already made an account for sHEERmADNESS on your site shears. And it wasn't me.

Can you delete it?

EDIT: Just saw above that you already made accounts for people. So I need my password.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Uhhh apparently someone already made an account for sHEERmADNESS on your site shears. And it wasn't me.

Can you delete it?
I made it. I had to make accounts for everyone in order to upload all the data and get everything working. I'll pm you your password.

**If anyone wants a change to their username, spelling, capitalization, etc, pm me and I can fix that**

I might add a feature for that in the settings window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom