• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
These guys all get -1 for not playing in 10 days:
:pikachu64: Mariguas
:pikachu64: Dr. Combos
:fox64: $@M&R

:mario64: Beardhammer

These people need to play soon:
:falcon64: @Combo Blaze
:pikachu64: @ Shears Shears
:pikachu64: @MrMarbles
:fox64: Ducky
:link64: @ Froski Froski
IMO, after someone has lost three points for being inactive, essentially, after they haven't played for 30 days or pretty much a MONTH, you should just remove them from the ranking.

If someone like Isai were to join and then lose interest for whatever reason, it would be foolish to have him be floating around in D tier or something simply because he hasn't played his matches.

I like that there is an incentive for one to play his matches, but after a while it gets to a point where the ranking becomes inaccurate.

Just my opinion! I really like this system and support it fully! (Although I do think that matches should be bo3 instead bo1) :096:

caneut

Smash Ace
Okay, can we go ahead and allow extra entry's, so boom can go in S tier already?

Studstill

Smash Ace
Karajan:
I realized what happened with Phox. He had an inactivity point loss. Instead of fixing it back, I propose you remove the people who have been ten days inactive and have not played AT ALL. I think this will trim some bloat (this is designed to have current players, yes?) and they can always reregister, when they actually want to join. I mean, why have a penalty for people who aren`t even playing? What actually did Knite do that the -1 should be on him?

I don`t quite have the records, but I think 1 other person did the same thing.
Peace.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Looking for matches as usual. I'll be in a chat on SmashFU

Edit, played:

2014-04-15, C, KoRoBeNiKi, Combo Blaze
We desynched once and agreed to reset at a certain percentage/stock total. We also played at 5 stocks lolgentlemens
Mostly lagless, I also recorded and will probably upload.

Last edited:

rainshifter

Smash Cadet
What sort of penalty ensues when a player refuses a challenge made by a valid candidate?

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Who wants to play and get an easy win?

My muscle memory has completely diminished at this point lol.

Pm me if you do want that easy win........................................................

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Karajan:
I realized what happened with Phox. He had an inactivity point loss. Instead of fixing it back, I propose you remove the people who have been ten days inactive and have not played AT ALL. I think this will trim some bloat (this is designed to have current players, yes?) and they can always reregister, when they actually want to join. I mean, why have a penalty for people who aren`t even playing? What actually did Knite do that the -1 should be on him?

I don`t quite have the records, but I think 1 other person did the same thing.
Peace.
You should have it be
YYYY-MM-DD,Tier,TIMEOUT,name

Studstill

Smash Ace
You should have it be
YYYY-MM-DD,Tier,TIMEOUT,name
OK, I`ll think about how to work it in. Can you send me a list of who all has got inactive points? I`m expanding the match list, so I don`t know if it will go in the main feed or separate. I suppose I will just have it as a player stat, I don`t want non matches in the match list. If you like the summaries, throw a link in the main spoiler, yeah? Also, if it isn`t too hard, can you segregate "Players who have signed up" and "Players that actually play matches (The rankings)" Like a holding area of sorts, to combat bloat. Possibly even remove tacos/battlecow, it seems silly to have points subtracted before matches are even played. I`m adding W/L records to the Match list, and about to have player data up for individuals. Can you email me all the K-recs? Or just give me temp access to the gmail account and I`ll download them. Thanks, I got a couple of hours free to work on this today! Peace!

EDIT: Added a whole bunch more stuff I want from you, lol, sorry! :D

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Little error in your rankings
Wrong data added
Match 33FireblasterNova1/1/2014

Also, that Japanese site is legit

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Little error in your rankings
Wrong data added
Match 33FireblasterNova1/1/2014]
Lol, thanks, but you must have been there right when I was editing it lol.
2fast2quick. I'm in a field where I have to find and correct little errors no I notice stuff fast

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
2014-04-17, jaimehr, nova, C tier

decent match, vid coming soon

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
Hey, C tier people that need to play, send me a pm and we can play tonight (3-4 hours?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom