• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale

Smash Ace
Vale do you know about the Pikachu extended up-b? If you let go of the stick after going sideways (meaning, don't hold it) with Pikachu's up-b you retain your momentum and go a lot further.
I've known that it exists, but I haven't implemented it yet outside of for traveling across Hyrule. Thanks for reminding me, I'll work on using it more often to boost recovery.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I think this should be sticked and the title changed to just "Online Ranking" so it doesn't confuse people that we aren't using the japanese version.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh you meant in addition? I think that would make too many stickies, and since this thread is very alive at the moment I'll leave it like that for now.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I agree with unsticking it. The European thread isn't very useful or active and a simple link to it in the index should do the work.

However I do think two threads about rankings is a bit redundant. Maybe there should be a centralized way to display Elo, Japanese style, Smashboards' ranking, etc. Anyway I'll just sticky this one for now.

I'm always open to other suggestions/objections/etc.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Sangoku do you mind If I put you as the person to contact to be added to the european group?

Also need someone that doesn't mind adding people to the NA one.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Where are all the videos? Do they just go on to the players channel who was in the match or does someone have them all on a specific channel?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Sangoku do you mind If I put you as the person to contact to be added to the european group?

Also need someone that doesn't mind adding people to the NA one.
I can't add them to the group because I'm not in it anymore. That's also a reason why this thread is useless. I don't know who would be the person of reference for that.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Hey everyone.

Everyone should know by now that Stranded does not have a Smash Boards account.
Since he doesn't have an account he wants me to report his match for him.

2014-04-13, B, Stranded, Zenyore

rofl +2 vs -2 and stranded lost. Im going to count this hahaha

Stranded said that if you count this match and go against the rules for him only he is quitting the ranking and would like for you to take his name off of the thread.
That being said, Stranded should be in A-tier now and Dial should be in { -2 } B-tier

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha Stranded making idle threats after it was own fault for playing someone he shouldn't have played.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Kinda of a jerk move to count it considering he didn't count one that did the same thing earlier. =/

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Everyone should know by now that Stranded does not have a Smash Boards account.
Since he doesn't have an account he wants me to report his match for him.

2014-04-13, B, Stranded, Zenyore
This fool message me early as hell waking me up to play a match, then i get up and about to play and he starts lagging like crazy. the match was at 47 fps so on the first stock i paused and told him I would not play a ranked match in this lag and would just continue on to play friendlies or something. at that point i didn't even care was just laughin at desperate uptilt bair combos. Then he got the nerve to say the match counted, ni qqa fuc u.

Last edited:

Maliki

Smash Ace
Sup guys it's going to be the same as before.
Stranded is going to use my account to say what he has to.

This fool message me early as hell waking me up to play a match, then i get up and about to play and he starts lagging like crazy. the match was at 47 fps so on the first stock i paused and told him I would not play a ranked match in this lag and would just continue on to play friendlies or something. at that point i didn't even care was just laughin at desperate uptilt bair combos. Then he got the nerve to say the match counted, ni qqa fuc u.
First off Z, I messaged you at 2 P.M and we didn't play until 3. We set up the rules and everything, when the game starts we both run around for a bit and then we go on the ledge and you do the pause thing. We are playing fine and after I pwn you first stock you pause the game and say it's lagging. I probably hate lag more than anyone considering I'm usually a console only player, so I can't stand the slightest bit of it. I can say with certainty that it wasn't lagging as much as you make it out to be. Even after the game was over you were cool with it being ranked and said you just didn't feel like posting it and I should get someone else to do it. That's the truth and we could ask Maliki considering he was right next to me during this all. Just because you're embarrassed or something that you lost to a kid who doesn't play online don't make up total lies about how I woke you up early and how you weren't trying.

I don't even care about this ranked system crap anymore. I am not trying to make johns against my match with Dial either, win or lose I wouldn't have counted it. I am all for following the rules, I was proud that he beat me because he truly played better. I just don't like how Steve is counting it just because he likes messing with me. I wanted this to be a legit thing and if it's not to be taken seriously I no longer want to partake in it. Therefore if I am not in rank I deserve to be, I would like to have my name taken out of it.

- Stranded

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Stranded was unaware I was paralleling Nova's hilarious post before posting this. Owell.

First off Z, I messaged you at 2 P.M and we didn't play until 3. We set up the rules and everything, when the game starts we both run around for a bit and then we go on the ledge and you do the pause thing. We are playing fine and after I pwn you first stock you pause the game and say it's lagging. I probably hate lag more than anyone considering I'm usually a console only player, so I can't stand the slightest bit of it. I can say with certainty that it wasn't lagging as much as you make it out to be. Even after the game was over you were cool with it being ranked and said you just didn't feel like posting it and I should get someone else to do it. That's the truth and we could ask Maliki considering he was right next to me during this all. Just because you're embarrassed or something that you lost to a kid who doesn't play online don't make up total lies about how I woke you up early and how you weren't trying.

- Stranded
Now now. The match was pretty laggy, consistently below 57 FPS for sure. As a proud Fox main, this affects me way more than your mere console player status. I have had 3 stocks leads on Boom's rusty Kirby twice in that matchup and can consistently beat / have very tight matches against Killer's Kirby, whom are both far more proficient than yours.

Back when I played HeroicWeasal (a.k.a. KEROKEROPPI), the matches weren't laggy as far as I remembered which is the reason I agree'd to play you despite your laggot reputation.

I called out the lag after losing one stock, and it is solely because of that I accepted the ranking to be posted, because I am a moral and equitable person.

Good riddance if you want to leave the ranking. The world doesn't need another lagging Kirby who can't even post on Smashboards.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
problem i have is, if you count everything, you could just pick and choose who you want to play in any given tier and thus boost yourself up and around. i like level locking because it prevents you from being able to just go after the players you think you have a better chance beating. you can come in at C 0 and play three people in C - 2 and be B tier. mer.

i'm still upholding my not-playing-treg-til-they-play-each-other stance, though.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I predict that there will be enough 'do x or I quit/refuse to play'
Sup guys it's going to be the same as before.
Stranded is going to use my account to say what he has to.

I don't even care about this ranked system crap anymore. I am not trying to make johns against my match with Dial either, win or lose I wouldn't have counted it. I am all for following the rules, I was proud that he beat me because he truly played better. I just don't like how Steve is counting it just because he likes messing with me. I wanted this to be a legit thing and if it's not to be taken seriously I no longer want to partake in it. Therefore if I am not in rank I deserve to be, I would like to have my name taken out of it.

- Stranded
I can attest to Stranded being one of the biggest laggers I perhaps have ever played. I also attest to him being an 11 year old(or something) brat and pathological liar, along with being quite annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom