• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vale

Smash Ace
Not yet. Add your email and when that feature is live, you will receive notifications.
Alright.
Suggestion: give the people to send ~3 potential times + time zones that they could play. For now, should we post in here when we send challenges or send a PM?

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
for the results section/spoiler, would you be able to hyperlink the profile pages to the people in the tournament, that way we don't have to search for the person's name in this forum and could easily just pm them from that list? Thanks.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I totally support this being in the index. @ M!nt M!nt what do you think?

Also does this mean I can sign up and upload matches vs Z (for example) even if I don't participate the Japanese style ranking?
for the results section/spoiler, would you be able to hyperlink the profile pages to the people in the tournament, that way we don't have to search for the person's name in this forum and could easily just pm them from that list? Thanks.
The whole thing will be more easily usuable shortly Komo, in one form or another, but the goal is precisely what you said, to make everyhting easier.

Shears

Smash Master
Alright.
Suggestion: give the people to send ~3 potential times + time zones that they could play. For now, should we post in here when we send challenges or send a PM?
You can now send messages to people on the site. To see conversation click 'My Messages', to read a conversation click on the conversation. If you have any unread messages a number next to 'My Messages' will appear (same with pending challenge requests). Use this to send a user available play times, whether you want a match to be ranked or not, or just to chat and say hi (limit this for now because the server and hard drive space is rather limited).

As far as email notifications, I will need a mail server and domain. I could potentially use my own email address but I'll hold off on this until I'm off this temp host.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If were going to use shears site we need to switch to it completely.

Some people posting results on here and some people using shears site is just going to make things more confusing.

Studstill

Smash Ace
If were going to use shears site we need to switch to it completely.

Some people posting results on here and some people using shears site is just going to make things more confusing.
Just keep doing it here and there for now. The timeline for going "live" is not long.

Shears

Smash Master
Mint-11 Days inactive
hipstur-14 Days inactive
KoRoBeNiKi-10 Days inactive
TheZ-14 Days inactive
Dial-10 Days inactive
SuPeRbOoMfAn-26 Days inactive
Fireblaster-11 Days inactive
Stranded-15 Days inactive
BlueSuit-11 Days inactive
Revan-18 Days inactive
sHEERmADNESS-10 Days inactive
Cobr-17 Days inactive
Killer-18 Days inactive
MrMarbles-10 Days inactive
JaimeHR-11 Days inactive
Mariguas-23 Days inactive
Bloodpeach-10 Days inactive
Froski-11 Days inactive
KnitePhox-15 Days inactive
Near-18 Days inactive
soup-19 Days inactive
KRYSTYAN-10 Days inactive
breakthrough-10 Days inactive
ybombb-30 Days inactive
TBrett-11 Days inactive
ComboBlaze-13 Days inactive
DrCombos-24 Days inactive
Sensei-27 Days inactive
JosephZander-18 Days inactive
SHIZSEI-28 Days inactive
Karajan-14 Days inactive
Zero-10 Days inactive
Bowl-32 Days inactive
Ducky-12 Days inactive
Beardhammer-16 Days inactive
Metacopolys-11 Days inactive
onmy-32 Days inactive
Crusader-19 Days inactive
Umbra-19 Days inactive
Get$$$-26 Days inactive
$@M&R-26 Days inactive

The site is going to start automatically deducting points for inactivity. Here is the current list of players with 10+ days of inactivity.

Shears

Smash Master
I added the matches that were reported here but not on the site to the site. The updated inactivity list is:

hipstur-14 Days inactive
KoRoBeNiKi-10 Days inactive
SuPeRbOoMfAn-26 Days inactive
Fireblaster-11 Days inactive
Stranded-15 Days inactive
BlueSuit-11 Days inactive
Revan-18 Days inactive
sHEERmADNESS-10 Days inactive
Cobr-17 Days inactive
Bloodpeach-10 Days inactive
Froski-11 Days inactive
Near-18 Days inactive
soup-19 Days inactive
ybombb-30 Days inactive
TBrett-11 Days inactive
DrCombos-24 Days inactive
Sensei-27 Days inactive
JosephZander-18 Days inactive
SHIZSEI-28 Days inactive
Karajan-14 Days inactive
Zero-10 Days inactive
Bowl-32 Days inactive
Ducky-12 Days inactive
Beardhammer-16 Days inactive
Metacopolys-11 Days inactive
onmy-32 Days inactive
Crusader-19 Days inactive
Umbra-19 Days inactive
Get$$$-26 Days inactive
$@M&R-26 Days inactive

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Random note for Boom and the other guy in A, they can't play each other again so how are they not supposed to be inactive

Shears

Smash Master
I'll have it determine if a persons inactivity is due to no possible opponents or failure to play a ranked match before deductions are served. If it is the former then no penalty will be incurred. Have faith in technology and let the rules and rankings ease your mind troubled smasher. For the site and system are benevolent and will have mercy on those less fortunate to play a ranked match. Praise be to the site, as it lifts the ranking burden from us and helps guide us weak and weary ranked smashers into finding matches and reporting them without the dependency of smashboards and at the expense of the OP, @ Herbert Von Karajan Herbert Von Karajan , may he have good fortune in finding an objective tier list.

By providing your email address you will now receive notifications of challenge requests and messages received. I use my junk gmail account for authenticating the gmail smtp and sending the emails so I do not encourage anyone to spam that email address, but it won't hurt me if you do. I will not spam your emails and your emails are not made publicly available to anyone. However, if you choose to spam my junk email account, I may or may not take that as an invitation to forward you all of my junk email. So don't be malicious, I can and will bite back.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I'll have it determine if a persons inactivity is due to no possible opponents or failure to play a ranked match before deductions are served. If it is the former then no penalty will be incurred. Have faith in technology and let the rules and rankings ease your mind troubled smasher. For the site and system are benevolent and will have mercy on those less fortunate to play a ranked match. Praise be to the site, as it lifts the ranking burden from us and helps guide us weak and weary ranked smashers into finding matches and reporting them without the dependency of smashboards and at the expense of the OP, @ Herbert Von Karajan Herbert Von Karajan , may he have good fortune in finding an objective tier list.

By providing your email address you will now receive notifications of challenge requests and messages received. I use my junk gmail account for authenticating the gmail smtp and sending the emails so I do not encourage anyone to spam that email address, but it won't hurt me if you do. I will not spam your emails and your emails are not made publicly available to anyone. However, if you choose to spam my junk email account, I may or may not take that as an invitation to forward you all of my junk email. So don't be malicious, I can and will bite back.
Praise be, indeed, from us gentle smashers. The Rankings have a high-level AI that knows when you are slacking and knows when you just can`t find a match. This technology is light years ahead; Trust Rankings Bot 9001, and his for his maker`s benevolence doth shine through brightly indeed.

Also, the Tier structure is changing a bit, if you want to get an early look; skype me: chris.studstill

Last edited by a moderator:

M!nt

Smash Champion
That's why your name isn't in the updated list he posted right after that.

M!nt

Smash Champion
You need to message shears for your password.
I made it. I had to make accounts for everyone in order to upload all the data and get everything working. I'll pm you your password.

Shears

Smash Master
Shears, need to include the rank of the match here http://i.imgur.com/RcykeJV.png so I know who I've played and not played.
I'm a little confused on what you are asking, if you could explain in more detail I'd be willing to fix any issues or add any suggestions. The list you see is the people who you have played with red being losses and green being wins.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I think he means like his opponents rank similar in sports where the win loss record is by both teams either that or he means ranking and point level at the time of the match

caneut

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused on what you are asking, if you could explain in more detail I'd be willing to fix any issues or add any suggestions. The list you see is the people who you have played with red being losses and green being wins.
In the image I provided where it showed all my previous matches, wins and loses, you should add what rank they were played in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom