• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSBB pro videos! straight from Ikki san!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm really looking forward to more of these.

Is there any way for them to plug in a classic controller or nunchuk attachment. I heard that this was possible at the E4All demos if you didn't get caught.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sakurai was HEAVILY involved in the Kirby anime--the more recent Kirby games all include elements from the anime, including Dedede's Castle, Monster Machine, and the Metal and Water Abilities. The only reason the US game won't get the anime voices is because Nintendo ditched 4kids. We just get the Japanese VAs speaking English. Whatever that means Dedede will sound like I have no idea.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Is it just me or did they get to use the Dragoon after collecting it in one piece?
I didn't notice them collecting any except what I'm guessing is the whole thing when the animation was triggered.

Anyways, excellent videos there. Awesome display of Dedede's potential though his chain grabs and waddle dee's walking around seem to make him too good. Well, it's a nice change having such a great large and heavy character.

Kinda expected more from Masashi's Ike but he was still good. Kirby looks to be back in business too. PT is too awesome, and Charizard is a powerhouse, while Squirtle's a freakin ninja.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I hope we see other people make some vids. Ikki is doing us a great servest by taping this and we all know that He/She is a pro but. . .wow. Not only is there a crap load of D3 but theres no showing of his inhale and Bv moves. Same with the PT guy who really didn't us any of Char's/ Squirt's B moves out side of B^. At this stage with a store demo I think they should just lossen up. . .gots lots of time to chain grab when you get the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hopefully, he'll do more demo videos. Ikki, if youre out there, please do more PT vs whoever videos. I must see the teenage mutant ninja squirtle in action.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'd like to see more info on Pit, actually.

If there's one thing I love about Brawl, it's that weak attacks (aaa combos) aren't useless like they were in Melee. They actually do as intended.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Those videos almost make me want to main Dedede...

...I'm gonna be a nit-picker here. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE of these videos, but why couldn't they pick other stages besides Smashville, Smashville, Smashville, & Bridge of Eldin?

Bravo

Smash Cadet
NNID
E.Bravo
3DS FC
0877-2579-3179
I would like to see more link footage,hopefully tomorrow will be the day to see link in action

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Wow. These vids are amazing. It's so much easier to analyze characters in 1v1 vids.
I honestly did not expect to see such potential in Dedede; I had pretty much written him off. Mind you I still can't see myself ever maining him... ever, but he does have some nice skills. I can't wait to play as PT.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
did any1 see that 23% dmg waddle? that DDD threw?

and kirbys dash atk...IS CRAZY - and those kirby combos

and Bowsers Forward Smash looked so fast

S2

Smash Lord
Those videos were great.

It kinda bothered me though that they just played Dedede and Ike over and over.

I guess if I were in that situation I'd stick with a character I liked, but if you were intentionally taping to put up on youtube... you'd think they'd try all the characters out. Or at least play PT more than once.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
did any1 see that 23% dmg waddle? that DDD threw?

and kirbys dash atk...IS CRAZY - and those kirby combos

and Bowsers Forward Smash looked so fast
I was looking at that and Sakurai said he sometimes throws gordos that do even more damage so that should be fun, Walddle Dee spam FTW!!!!!!

M.K

Level 55
OK well, I have one question, I'm sure it's been answered, I just don't want to look through 20 pages.

Was Dedede's horizontal "chain" of butt-slams ONE throw, or a CHAIN of short throws?

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Dragoon looks awesome in action, it makes you think how much Brawl has compared to the last two. And yes! Kirby, my 2nd main is buffed. Sweet.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i think ddd chaingrab is stupid i never liked it at all but i guess i can deal with it. If that cg does work where you cant get out of it then ddd will be too good in teams, especially if there two two of them on a team just grab back and forth.

Zek

Smash Ace
this is great we know ddd can chain grab, looks a little slow to me, and man why did they keep the same sorry F- air for kirby : (
They didn't, it was buffed so that all 3 kicks will connect... And if you want another F-air there's always the hammer.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Well I just, wait...Long Island? RedMage8BT I thought you were from Peach's Castle? Where's that dude from Family Guy that keeps calling Peter a phony when you need him? lol Just keeding, please, no hate mail...
Little known fact: Peach's Castle is actually in Long Island.

BTW, that guy was supposed to be Holden Caulfield of Catcher in the Rye, I think.

M.K

Level 55
Well, we got alot of King Dedede footage, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing (I love him!). Dedede never got a chance to use Jet Hammer, which I would really have loved to see! Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur looks fantastic, and Charizard's FAir looks devestating.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
Seriously, that was some gooood ole' fashioned Smashin! I honestly didn't think D3 was gonna be THAT big a threat. And that Waddle Dee Army didn't look that good...until you're struggling to get back on stage. Yes, the Waddle Dees...doing as good minions should. (Enter evil laughter here) Also, I was really diggin the Great Bridge stage and the Ocarina Medley theme: one of my faves. Was a shame to see Link get knocked into pwndom, though. Combine this with just how friggin smooth the game moves and the rest is history. All with the Wii-mote alone, no less.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
i think ddd chaingrab is stupid i never liked it at all but i guess i can deal with it. If that cg does work where you cant get out of it then ddd will be too good in teams, especially if there two two of them on a team just grab back and forth.
Stupid? That cg would annoy the hell out of anyone that got caught in it! But you got a point, on teams, if that were to happen back and forth...ewww.

M.K

Level 55
AAAH. Triple Post! It burns! Burns!

Anyways, I love how Waterfall hugged the edge as Squirtle recovered. I was on the edge of my seat like "No Squirtle! People will think you suck if you fall now!"

S2

Smash Lord
lol. too true.

but yeah, it looked pretty cool, and made me realize just how insanely broken superspicy curry is.
Yeah, the spicy curry seems pretty overpowered.

Not that it matters, items will probably be off anyways in tournaments. If we aren't using items at tourneys, you might as well make the items as broken and hilarious as possible.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I think the best part of today was the fact that I learned that Sakurai made heavyweight characters be able to compete in 1 on 1(so far at least). All the heavies revealed so far all seem to be doing well, though we haven't seen much DK in 1 on 1 yet.

Top Bottom