• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Smashboards (!) plus THREE other Japanese Smash sites (with plans for brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Explain, What do you mean? The Google Translator is very helpful, its better than having to bother SamuraiPanda and do stuff that we can do ourselves.
The Google translator makes all sorts of funny, nonsensical translations. Examples include Baby Wario, Graphics Kong, The Last Piece of Wheat Gluten, and Kill without fail WAZA!!

Eh, I can wait a month.
I can't.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Alright Gimpy. Your pissed and I didn't mean to piss you off. The other thread is not a Jump Festa thread. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The point was "NEWS! Japanese Forums found!" and because of that we got new Jump Festa information, and also attack %s. It was about us finding the japanese community. I'm sorry if you misunderstood and it's probably not your fault. Samurai Panda understood it as "we found it finally!" thread on the podcast. i thought you understood the same way, meaning why i found it audacious of you to start up another thread.

we started to pull jump festa things because that was what we were going for first. yeah it's recent and there's a lot to learn from it. there's also the attack percentages that isn't from jump festa. it's in the title. there's also the point we're trying to get some communication with them, hoping to find somebody there who speaks english. yeah, it's a not a jump festa thread. it's "Japanese Forums!" thread. sorry for the misunderstanding. the extra things in the title were simply attention grabbers to get people interested.

After I unlock everything in Brawl, I'll die a happy man.

Seriously, with some games I'm like "oh I'm sad I'll unlock everything in a week or two". But if Brawl has even the same amount of unlockables in Melee, it's going to take a looong time.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
anyway gimps, I was just trying to say that ketubato and karisuma are well known sites, and their BBSs suck anyway, so that's no where near a source for SSBB info. I was just slightly annoyed at the way you phrased your opening message, it should've said "check out a few more Japanese sites a friend gave me" and not made it out as if these are new or unfamiliar.

and where did you hear about Ikki getting a premature copy? I'll ask about it tommorow, I'm definately infiltrating another smashfest at Ikki's if that's the case. he's the most fun peach I ever played against :p

and BTW, Captain Jack says thanks for linking to his site and raising his hits counter :p

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Btw, just asked CJ, and he says that the reason Ikki is getting a copy early is a special offer at certain shops, that means some more people might get their copies early as well. go I gotta find someone to meet with on the release :p

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Wow, IKKI is ranked #1 on the site. .....I have no clue what the hell that means, though.

I clicked on the button I translated above, and I got to this screen. I can understand all the symbols except the ones that look REALLY complicated (called Kanji, for you nubs) because there's thousands of them.

plshrk729

Smash Cadet
i can only read the hiragana full, little to no kanji, and a few katakana......well, its my first year learning so maybe these sites will give me some insentive to study harder

I.T.P

Smash Ace
hehe, I still like Ikki's Avatar :) I might be going to his Pre-Brawl fest(where everyone has to bring their own brawls. but he allows me to come without one cause I'm an outsider) Smashbros. Delegation, at your service :p

AmmPo

Smash Rookie
Why would a japanese forum leak a roster right now? I mean it's a little to early for anything to be revealed. Anyone agree?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Why would a japanese forum leak a roster right now? I mean it's a little to early for anything to be revealed. Anyone agree?
Maybe, maybe not. But you must remember that the melee roster was leaked a full month before the release date.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
cool I.T.P. has legitimate conversation with the japanese smashers what a champ haha

tell them all gimpyfish says hello
I did, Ikki says Konichiwa :p

the aformentioned SSBB fest is 4 days long! what a great ending to my 3 month journey in japan. I'll try to post from there. it starts on the 1/23 at 21:00, so that means 7:00 AM on the 23 of Jan. I'll probably have some info around 3-6 hours later. Hoping Ikki lets me use his computer again.

AmmPo

Smash Rookie
Maybe, maybe not. But you must remember that the melee roster was leaked a full month before the release date.
Yeah... You're right. My god I'm hoping Krystal is in and I'll be happy for life!

Boofer

Smash Ace
I did, Ikki says Konichiwa :p

the aformentioned SSBB fest is 4 days long! what a great ending to my 3 month journey in japan. I'll try to post from there. it starts on the 1/23 at 21:00, so that means 7:00 AM on the 23 of Jan. I'll probably have some info around 3-6 hours later. Hoping Ikki lets me use his computer again.
So wait, you can talk to these people, but you're not expecting any info until the 23?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
why would I have info that they don't have themselves? the game isn't out yet. and I doubt Kansai players(which most of the good ones are) know anything about a demo that was in a tokyo jumpfesta. tommorow when I'm at kariya in the tournament, I can ask people from the tokyo region, which actually played it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
why would I have info that they don't have themselves? the game isn't out yet. and I doubt Kansai players(which most of the good ones are) know anything about a demo that was in a tokyo jumpfesta. tommorow when I'm at kariya in the tournament, I can ask people from the tokyo region, which actually played it.
Have you checked any of the Japanese forums for leaks?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think it's imperative that we find this Kei guy. If he's really 100% fluent in both languages like you say I.T.P., then he's the ideal liason for the entire smash community. If this works out, I'm envisioning tournaments with eastern and western players, maybe a Smash Olympics or something. If we can collaborate with other country's smash communities, then the possibilities are endless.

Will Kei be at any of the tournaments you're going to I.T.P.?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
First of all, like i've allready stated. I lost my password to Smash.or.tp, and Reading Japanese with translations is no diffrent for me than it is for everyone else here.

if there was anything big, Ikki-san would've told me as I'm chatting with him right now.

he did say that mario and peach seem toned down than the info gimpy gave. I'm not sure if he saw that or played it though.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade

Cless

Smash Champion
I think it's imperative that we find this Kei guy. If he's really 100% fluent in both languages like you say I.T.P., then he's the ideal liason for the entire smash community. If this works out, I'm envisioning tournaments with eastern and western players, maybe a Smash Olympics or something. If we can collaborate with other country's smash communities, then the possibilities are endless.

Will Kei be at any of the tournaments you're going to I.T.P.?
I think you envision too large. We sure as hell aren't doing anything over wifi.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think you envision too large. We sure as hell aren't doing anything over wifi.
There's nothing wrong with dreaming big. Of course this competetive stuff won't happen over Wi-fi, but I'm sure Wi-Fi will bridge the gap between casual players of different nationalities (If you can handle Lag).

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if he's registered to smashboards, but he probably is. he translated the gimpyfish thread for them after all.

this "kei guy" is my friend. so please refer to him as Kei only, he's a user like the rest of us. and I doubt he's up for something this big... I'll talk to him though.

Edit, according to the predetermined Tournament draws, Kei is coming tommorow, so I'll ask him then if I can't catch him by MSN

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.
Was there someone on this thread talking about someone getting an early copy or something of that sort?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if he's registered to smashboards, but he probably is. he translated the gimpyfish thread for them after all.

this "kei guy" is my friend. so please refer to him as Kei only, he's a user like the rest of us. and I doubt he's up for something this big... I'll talk to him though.

Edit, according to the predetermined Tournament draws, Kei is coming tommorow, so I'll ask him then if I can't catch him by MSN
Sorry, i didn't mean any offense by calling him "guy", (or calling him "Kami" on the other thread) its just how I talk about someone I've never met personally. it's a habit I need to get out of, to be perfectly honest.

If he's not up to it, don't bug him about it, I'm sure there are other candidates. (****, I need to learn Japanese!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom