• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Smashboards (!) plus THREE other Japanese Smash sites (with plans for brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to make my way through the site.

You register here: http://smash.or.tp/?m=pc&a=page_o_public_invite

Input your e-mail twice into the text boxes.
Wait for your register e-mail. Click the link in it.
I think there's the terms and conditions page here, but not sure.
You should see the following form. (Click the image to see it) Use it as a guideline.

When you submit, you go to a confirm screen, click on the left grey button.

As for me, I'm using the Japanese Exicite translator here: http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ <-- for text
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web <- for web pages, may not always work

For both translators I choose the second option to translate Japanese to English.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
But any way, Cless is right. You really don't need much in the way of JP info to get through to the site. The most tricky thing will be selecting your "answers" to the questions after you get confirmed.

Otherwise though, I like what I see. Even if a number of the stuff I've seen has either a) been posted about already a number of times or b) posted to the likes of niconico video/youtube.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I think the question on gold_darkness' picture is mother's maiden name.
There's also others:

Besides mother/father's maiden name, I believe there was also....

"Name of your first love", "Name of the primary/elementary school you graduated", "The last 4 digits of your driver's license", and "Your prefecture address".

This is not the correct order (it's what I remember from my registering earlier today), but you can easily find the right order, by using "Page Source", finding the correct text, and translating it through any translator you want to use.

Do we know when IKKI is getting Brawl? Is it weeks earlier? Or only days?
I would imagine that, depending on his hook-ups, he may be importing the game from Hong Kong to possibly get a few days earlier, or something to that effect.

Of course, I could be wrong...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
We know about the Japanese Smashboards forum (http://smash.or.tp/?m=pc&a=page_o_login) from I.T.S from the other thread. I didn't know about the other ones. We hit a wall before with the required login screen. I think that'll be out next goal though. Thanks for the other sites. You can have all the spam on this thread talking about speculation of what we can find. We'll use the other thread for work. :p

(plugs thread again) http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Thank god someone actually remembered.

with all do respect gimpy, Lots of people know about all of these sites(never knew CJ has a site, he seems so careless about brawl), and I allready talked about Smash.or.tp and Karisuma on the other Thread, Ketubato is dead until brawl is out, so that's a nowhere.

I have a User in smash.or.tp, but I forgot my password. Kokichi has a user there as well(when we were Messeging before Karisuma 9th, to which we went together, I told him about smash.or.tp, and he registered). smash.or.tp is where I got Kei and CJ's MSN addresses back when I was in israel and preparing for my trip and karisuma is the tournament I've allready been to once with Kokichi, and there's another Karisuma tommorow to which I'm going again.

Also I would like to point out that a smashboards user named Flo7891, who is currently in Tokyo, is also coming to Karisuma 10th, and I'll be meeting him there.

I respect you gimpster, but it's not nice to make commonly known sites as if they were your own discovery, and I've met S-Royal myself(he's the one that beat me in the winners first round on Karisuma 9th. great player) and he's a great guy. don't abuse his niceness.

Cless

Smash Champion
There's also others:

Besides mother/father's maiden name, I believe there was also....

"Name of your first love", "Name of the primary/elementary school you graduated", "The last 4 digits of your driver's license", and "Your prefecture address".

This is not the correct order (it's what I remember from my registering earlier today), but you can easily find the right order, by using "Page Source", finding the correct text, and translating it through any translator you want to use.

I would imagine that, depending on his hook-ups, he may be importing the game from Hong Kong to possibly get a few days earlier, or something to that effect.

Of course, I could be wrong...
I didn't look at them all. I just saw mother and father and assumed it was mother's maiden name. Probably wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do they mention anything about characters they want to see in Brawl...such as maybe Sukapon or Claus...or Geno?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Gimpy, I don't see the point of opening up ANOTHER thread. We don't just focus on 1 site on the other one. Plus, i already have the information layed out and organized. We even got people from the other forums (the japanese forums) to check out your E4All impressions. Good laugh at their reaction. "LOOK! They have info from the first demo" :p

And yeah, I.T.P. is right. He beat you to it. :)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Do they mention anything about characters they want to see in Brawl...such as maybe Sukapon or Claus...or Geno?
A number of them do.

And once you translate 'em...you'll just as easily see....nothing's new under the sun, they can be just as ridiculous and inventive as we are. :chuckle:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
did i claim these as my discovery somewhere? a couple of the links were obviously well known japanese smash video sites, the news is that they are going to be doing new stuff for brawl

and captain jacks site hasn't been updated for like a billion years, so its pretty refreshing to see that

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Gimpy, I don't see the point of opening up ANOTHER thread. We don't just focus on 1 site on the other one. Plus, i already have the information layed out and organized. We even got people from the other forums (the japanese forums) to check out your E4All impressions. Good laugh at their reaction. "LOOK! They have info from the first demo" :p

And yeah, I.T.P. is right. He beat you to it. :)
It's not a matter of beat him to it, it's a matter of simple respect and less self basking. I learned about the Ketubato site some half a year or more ago from threads I opened here and in Gamefaqs, Ketubato has links to Karisuma and Smash.or.tp, I posted in the Karisuma BBS, and Used translators to Register to smash.or.tp, which isn't that great btw. especially if you're using translators.

It's a Facebook kind of site actually, it gives you picture opritunities and stuff. and it's nice.

Edit: it's just that your post radiates a sort of "check out these cool new sites my japanese friend told me about" instead of saying "Hey, I know a couple of Japanese sites as well, these are the big ones. you could try checking them for more info."

and also, if you're making this the main Jumpfesta thread, then update your first post with all of the info from Shortfuse's thread, Weeklyjumpman and SP did some serious translations there.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
did i claim these as my discovery somewhere? a couple of the links were obviously well known japanese smash video sites, the news is that they are going to be doing new stuff for brawl

and captain jacks site hasn't been updated for like a billion years, so its pretty refreshing to see that
don't get me wrong man. i'm not pissed off or anything and not looking to "own" you. but you go the thread that we compiled and literally said
"translators who translated this, get on my topic"

which is like "wtf? we knew about the site man"
I had a plan! We were going to grow old!!! We were going to be something special we were going to ::sobs::

but seriously yeah, i was going to get to it. i just didn't know how important the site is. i couldn't get google to get by the login screen. it becomes a problem, especially not fully knowing what they have behind that login screen. i had to get systran 6 translating software and after login i had to relogin. it got annoying so i put it off to a side.

Golden_Sun

Smash Rookie
All I really would like to know is who will make it and who will be cut...
I could careless about the items and other stuff right about now,

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm not making this the main jump festa thread, this thread doesn't relate to jump festa in any way

the other thread is "japanese website about jump festa"

this is just some other japanes websites that are going to have info for brawl the earliest when the game comes out, sorry for telling you that they were getting the game early and that all of these sites were going to be updated, how dare i do that.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
All I really would like to know is who will make it and who will be cut...
I could careless about the items and other stuff right about now,
I can't believe your name has just been taken.

Also, some stuff such as items might be important to some.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
i'm not making this the main jump festa thread, this thread doesn't relate to jump festa in any way

the other thread is "japanese website about jump festa"

this is just some other japanes websites that are going to have info for brawl the earliest when the game comes out, sorry for telling you that they were getting the game early and that all of these sites were going to be updated, how dare i do that.
well, it's not jumpfesta specifically. it's japanese forums in general. i also found a separate site that has compiled attack percentages. i'm not saying what you're saying is pointless. it's nowhere near.
but you know why you made your own thread for this. c'mon. it would have been better group collaboration if you posted it in the other thread. regardless. thanks for the other sites. yes, we'll go through them. i'm making an effort for everyone to be credited for everything they do. i'm just trying to moderator/organize the thread/topic.

As for SamuraiPanda. The guy is great. He's great help for those of us who don't know japanese, but he's been busy. as he said on the podcast a day to the smash community is like a year. with the help of other translators we've gotten all of the translating done. SamuraiPanda barely helped us translate the sites we found.

We need a liaison though. We want to build a two communication with the other forums. We've tried (Aeris actually) to get some word out, try to get something going. I think this is something SamuraiPanda can really help us with if he's up for it. Basic translation isn't that big of a problem but communicating can be.

No hostility, Gimpy. We'll use the sites. And we're really thankful. I just would have appreciated you help strengthened an already large group of translators and site-seekers instead of making a separate side-project.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
but you know why you made your own thread for this.
WOW what is your problem exactly? seriously? "you know why you did it". like... seriously?

i made the thread because i just got a bunch of information from s-royal and i thought people would want the information, because they do want the information.

i shouldn't have to apologize of justify making a thread with information people want, your thread is all about jump festa, my thread isn't about jump festa at all, therefore, new thread.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It's funny because most of this will be pointless in a month.
No, it won't be. We are trying to communication going, make that liaison i was saying. It's be so much more different than Melee. Things learned by Japan players can be shared with us here and vice versa.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yes, but now it's as pointfull as it gets, and it's exciting.
No one is going to remember who got what in 2 years. It doesn't even matter. The link between the communities is important if that gets established, but their way of doing things is different.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy to make a thread asking everyone what they'll do in Brawl after they unlock everything, imo.

Boofer

Smash Ace
So, are there any translators in the thread? I wonder if there are any supposed leaks in the Japanese forum.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Gimpy to make a thread asking everyone what they'll do in Brawl after they unlock everything, imo.
Oh lawd. There are like 3 threads like that on the front page at all times.
I imagine Mods don't have time for such trivialities.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
No one is going to remember who got what in 2 years. It doesn't even matter. The link between the communities is important if that gets established, but their way of doing things is different.
I meant that the info itself is exciting... I don't care about how it will be remembered, it's exciting for nao.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I don't know why everyone bugging Gimpy about making this topic. If you don't like it, then don't post in it, because its different enough, and useful enough to warrant another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom