• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Smashboards (!) plus THREE other Japanese Smash sites (with plans for brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
We just keep getting more and more new information for Brawl,if this new forum gets translated we are gonna hit the jackpot,if you know what I mean lol.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
CJ won't tell you about any new site, cause Smash.or.tp is what they use. that is their Smashboards, even though it's only a facebook groups kind of thing.

You people are overestimating the Japanese smash community. they're not nearly as big as you expect them to be. Karisuma 9 only had 34 players including Kokichi and me, and the largest ketubato ever got was 97 players, which I bet I can surpass in an israeli tournament once brawl is out(3 years ago, on our first tournament, we got 50-60 players. and there isn't even a nintendo israel).

though I disagree with Kokichi on the matter of their skill. he didn't meet many of them, and they're far better than he gives them credit for.

they learn quickly as hell, and they read you like an open book. I doubt that Kei and CJ are the only ones that can compare to the americans, I think that's just a bit too much of self pride, if it was the case, people wouldn't watch and admire Japanese players on youtube and video discussions as much as they do.

and beating masashi doesn't mean squat. especially if you only played one match with him. he's the learning defensive type, you'll see his skill only once you play him a few times and get your *** kicked. I was inches from beating him in my first match against him as well, but it didn't change the fact that he creamed me once we had a few more.

Hehe, I have the same picture you have only with me in their instead :p

I'll put it up in a couple a secs, need to reupload it.

EDIT: Here it is

Some people Kokichi forgot, I'm mentioning names cause you guys probably know them.
front right corner, tournament organizer and ok shiek player - Yamada
between him and masashi, 2nd place winner, HIKO
With his hand on the guy next to S-Royal, Kou(2nd best falco in japan)
behind hiko - Souten(very good fox player, took best 12)
on the left of me - Thunders
guy with orange shirt - me

Mach dash won the tournament, but he isn't in the picture for some reason...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
(big post)
I would quote all of it, but it's long. I completely agree, though, I would absolutely LOVE to see Smashboards go international. I made a longer post in the thread that you and I have been working on.

Also, I had already mentioned the possibility of opening a Japanese section on SWF or extending our hand to the Japanese players, in the Staffer Shack, but no one really seemed to care. Perhaps once online starts I'll be able to get enough interest, but even then, I doubt many Japanese players will come here to post. I just don't feel like it's their style. Maybe we'll get a few dozen if we really campaign, but I feel that the Japanese sites already in existence probably cater better towards the Japanese. I mean, look at that one site, it has cute little rectangular sprites for all the characters. That's totally nihonppoi (Japanesey), we would have something completely different.
First of all, I love the pics. :grin:

And second, I would more than happily support such an idea. If it ever comes up again, I will endorse the idea 100%. If anything, we can at least try implementing the idea and see how it goes. If it does better than expected, wonderful; if not, at least we tried.

(Haha, and gosh those sprites are adorable! We should definitely have those on here as well... *hinthint*)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Those pics are like exactly the same, same place, same positions. XD

Anyways, I would also support the idea of having a Japanese section.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
If we don't have the full roster and much more available within half a day of the release in Japan I will be very very very disappointed. In the internet. I truly hope we can have more interaction between the Japanese and Western gamers.

Zink

Smash Champion
If we don't have the full roster and much more available within half a day of the release in Japan I will be very very very disappointed. In the internet. I truly hope we can have more interaction between the Japanese and Western gamers.
Actually, keep in mind how difficult it can be to unlock stuff. Mewtwo? I have no doubt that many will simply leave their Wiis on a match in the hopes of tie-unlocking everything, but even that willl take a while, especially since we don't know what mode things will be time-unlocked in- or even if they can be. Probably the best way is to do SSE with everybody, Classic with everybody, and then wing it. Maybe Sakurai will write an update concerning how to unlock secrets.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I swear people don't see that disclaimer saying 'LAST REPLY WAS OVER A YEAR AGO, PLEASE CONSIDER IF YOUR POST HAS MEANING ENOUGH TO STILL CONTRIBUTE'

MattNF

Smash Lord
I love how a guy named "comboking" has ike by his name, as if Ike had any combos.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Well, ok, I took a look. No luck.

Ketsubato is down...

captainjack.jp has a section called "Videos" on the right-hand nav bar but none of them seem to work.

Karisuma has a section called "Movie" in the left-hand nav bar...and again, none of them work.

Dead links all to hell, unless my computer or internet connection are at fault.

And by the way, turns out the important parts are labelled in English ;D

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
This is epic simply because comboking and brinboy see eye to eye.

Both got a 1000 posts in under a week and I don't think either of them have ever contributed anything ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom