• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Everything for Smash WiiU/3DS (Rumors, Speculations, Impressions, etc)

I could have sworn Xeonblade creator twitted Sakurai's tweet before in the same manner. Makes me think that Shulk is in the game, but the creator doesn't know when exactly he's going to be shown. He's just retweeting every time Sakurai makes a big deal out of a character reveal.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I could have sworn Xeonblade creator twitted Sakurai's tweet before in the same manner. Makes me think that Shulk is in the game, but the creator doesn't know when exactly he's going to be shown. He's just retweeting every time Sakurai makes a big deal out of a character reveal.
He did.

Remember, "Game creators can be fans too."

Xigger

Smash Lord
These are his only gaming related posts in the past year:
  • Retweeting Nintendo Direct that revealed Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Retweeting Nintendo Direct that revealed Xenoblade Chronicle 2
  • Tweeting about Nintendo Event showing Xenoblade Chronicle 2 Trailer
  • Monday's New Fighter Announcement for Smash Bros
Judging from this, it would follow the pattern that this new character is Xenoblade related. After all, we expected a new character reveal each bi-monthly worldwide Nintendo Direct (which has held true), but this is the first time he's retweeted a Smash post.

Yet, it can be argued that he doesn't know any more than we do. We don't know the extent other companies are informed of Smash reveals, we could be paying more attention to him since we have expectations of the Sal Romano leak, or perhaps this is simply the first time he's excited to expect a character reveal. After all, only the more hardcore Smash fans know when exactly to expect newcomer reveals, and now it's blunt: We're revealing a character on Tuesday at 10.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yuichiro Takeda gets suspicious:

He alludes to the fact that 60 people from overseas (here) started following him in one day. People reply to this tweet with excitement about Xenoblade.

https://twitter.com/yuichiro_takeda/status/487946278299385857

Just my thoughts, but if Shulk was going to be shown, it was definitely swapped out. It could explain why the front page of smashbros.com was rushed and Lucina didn't have her Newcomer tag on the home page.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Monolith tweeted in the past.

Did they not?
I think that was an artist or someone. This was Takeda, who is the director I believe.

He alludes to the fact that 60 people from overseas (here) started following him in one day. People reply to this tweet with excitement about Xenoblade.

Just my thoughts, but if Shulk was going to be shown, it was definitely swapped out. It could explain why the front page of smashbros.com was rushed and Lucina didn't have her Newcomer tag on the home page.
I think people caught on to the whole Twitter thing and perhaps Nintendo caught wind of it. I mean, EVERYONE expected Shulk. Interesting if true. But hey, I just want Shulk in the game.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Oo yes. This is a distinct possibility!

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Last edited:
Top Bottom