• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Everything for Smash WiiU/3DS (Rumors, Speculations, Impressions, etc)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I would argue screen size.

As flimsy as an argument it is, from the mock ups I've seen, the 3ds roster caps out at 47.

While this is obviously not concrete evidence, as someone who believes in the Sal leak, 12 newcomers + 35 Brawl vets is what we're getting, which is a neat 47 slot roster.

Besides, I am lead to believe that if Mii Fighters shared multiple slots, Sakurai would have made separate pages for each form.
Those roster mock ups aren't accurate, they are the interpretation of others.

To tell you the truth, the 3DS is a single player console, and as a single player console I wouldn't be surprised if the roster screen was divided into 2 screens just for convenience.

The only argument against Mii Fighters having 3 slots is basically the fact that they share a slot in the site, but then again, in the site there is no way to view each type individually, you just look at all 3 concurrently.

In the game there must be a way to pick a class individually and Sakurai stated "each of these types will be treated as a separate character". That quote makes me believe they will have 3 separate selection spots. (Plus the fact that Zero Suit Samus and Charizard got their own spot instead of still sharing).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Those roster mock ups aren't accurate, they are the interpretation of others.

To tell you the truth, the 3DS is a single player console, and as a single player console I wouldn't be surprised if the roster screen was divided into 2 screens just for convenience.

The only argument against Mii Fighters having 3 slots is basically the fact that they share a slot in the site, but then again, in the site there is no way to view each type individually, you just look at all 3 concurrently.

In the game there must be a way to pick a class individually and Sakurai stated "each of these types will be treated as a separate character". That quote makes me believe they will have 3 separate selection spots. (Plus the fact that Zero Suit Samus and Charizard got their own spot instead of still sharing).
And I would argue that you pick Mii FIghters and you get a drop down menu so you can choose which class you want. There's nothing saying they'll share a slot, but there's also nothing saying they'll take 3 slots. It's something we can't know about until the game comes out.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
And I would argue that you pick Mii FIghters and you get a drop down menu so you can choose which class you want. There's nothing saying they'll share a slot, but there's also nothing saying they'll take 3 slots. It's something we can't know about until the game comes out.
I agree with you in the fact that there is no way to tell yet, but what do you think Sakurai mean with "each type is treated as its own separate character"?

Shroob

Sup?
I agree with you in the fact that there is no way to tell yet, but what do you think Sakurai mean with "each type is treated as its own separate character"?
Why didn't he give them each a site slot? Answer me that. He could have very easily made a "Mii Gunner, etc" slot, but he didn't, he made Mii Fighters. Unlike Charizard/ZSS/Sheik who got their own slots, they did not.

Honestly, the fact that they DIDN'T get separate slots unlike the previously transformation characters is pretty damning evidence to me that they share a slot.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Why didn't he give them each a site slot? Answer me that. He could have very easily made a "Mii Gunner, etc" slot, but he didn't, he made Mii Fighters. Unlike Charizard/ZSS/Sheik who got their own slots, they did not.

Honestly, the fact that they DIDN'T get separate slots unlike the previously transformation characters is pretty damning evidence to me that they share a slot.
The reasoning I see is that Miis aren't a defined character, so each form of Mii fighter can become their own character, in a way.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I think it all comes down to the fact that they're still all just Miis.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
The reasoning I see is that Miis aren't a defined character, so each form of Mii fighter can become their own character, in a way.
I believe during E3, a rep said the Mii's have a special slot of their own.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I said zoom in on the pic! Use you internet browser settings!
I used both my iphone and the Wii u and found nothing remotely Ridley save for the shaggy black dragon. It was a huge waste of my time.

It's the last pic on the WHobby12 part. I was on this sight on my wii u last night and on the wii u internet browser, you can zoom in quite a bit! I gave you speciffic directions, and instead you go to japanese sights, my god!
Yeah, they weren't specific instructions. And I went to Japanese sites because, well, they would have more information about Ridley than you ever would. Since, y'know, they were there. The fact I'm finding out nothing about Ridley being playable yet finding out information regarding changes in characters and impressions on newcomers on the Japanese blogs and fan sites speaks volumes.

I mean conider actually looking before calling is spam, because i KNOW that is ridley! He is a purpleish blue, he has wins, and seems to be breathing fire! WTF? Is that not proof? ZOOM IN TO THE PIC and it is even on this thread, the pic is, so reeally that is not spam.
Not its spam. And why aren't you bringing this to the Character Discussion Thread and the Ridley thread? Or telling the moderators and admins so we can add a Ridley category? Or contacting various gaming sites with this new found treasure? I'm sorry but I'm calling this BS. I don't even know why in responding to this.

I'm addition, to the rest of the thread, please do not discuss the Sal leak in this thread.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Which thus means they can all share a slot with no issues then.;)
Yes, they can, but they can also be separate. It's just as you said before, we don't know for sure, it could go either way.

But Sakurai did say they "each type is treated as a separate character", and that quote must have some meaning. He wouldn't have just said it at random, he was probably referring to something. Or at least that's how I see it. So in my own opinion I see it as much more likely for them to be on separate slots, but I cannot assure anything with certainty.

Last edited:

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Uh, im pretty sure that there will be one Mii square that once chosen prompts you to choose your already created character from a mii. I doubt that you will be able to make a Mii on the spot like that.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Yes, they can, but they can also be separate. It's just as you said before, we don't know for sure, it could go either way.

But Sakurai did say they "each type is treated as a separate character", and that quote must have some meaning. He wouldn't have just said it at random, he was probably referring to something. Or at least that's how I see it. So in my own opinion I see it as much more likely for them to be on separate slots, but I cannot assure anything with certainty.
I know I'm quoting the incorrect post, but you said that in one of them Miis were announced before customization, in a sense you're both right and wrong. Customization was shown in the Smash direct, but it wasn't told what exactly it was among the lines of how free we were to change the moves.

And as for the whole "separate character" quote, I justify it as the Miis having different playstyles, being the Brawler is more up-close, Swordsman is a middle ranged character with a good amount of projectiles, and Gunner is the long-ranged of the 3, therefore since they play differently Sakurai would consider them as "separate characters". I know I would too, cuz I wouldn't expect me playing as Brawler and then switching to Gunner in the next round and have it feel the same.

All and all, we will see soon enough. I do feel that Sakurai may clarify this just to get confusion out of the way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yo friends.
You guys keep treating this thread as another rumor/leak thing, talking about things that don't really have any pending based on Japanese-exclusive information. We seriously have so many places you can discuss these things already that it's depressing that someone, somewhere, always has to plant their ****ty speculah flag. Like holy crap, we're talking about Miis? Things not even available in the Japanese demo?

I really feel like 4-6 people here should be getting infractions. You guys should know by now.
I'm 1 tick away from locking this thread either way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yo friends.
You guys keep treating this thread as another rumor/leak thing, talking about things that don't really have any pending based on Japanese-exclusive information. We seriously have so many places you can discuss these things already that it's depressing that someone, somewhere, always has to plant their ****ty speculah flag. Like holy crap, we're talking about Miis? Things not even available in the Japanese demo?

I really feel like 4-6 people here should be getting infractions. You guys should know by now.
Please don't, we need to know about Japanese fan base. D:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I was able to zoom in on perfect quality on my Wii U, but this is the poster that I think is ridley, see I don't have a very good program to zoom in on it, but on my Wii U I did, please examine this and tell me if you think it is ridley or not, I circled the poster I think he is on.
Untitled.png

If that is not ridley, what is it. Just examine it, zoom in, whaterver. In the mean time, I will be getting a better program so I can zoom in on it. He has all the characteristics on him. Oh an this is not spam, for it is regarding the WHobby 14 that was ON THE OP. :) have a nice day

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I was able to zoom in on perfect quality on my Wii U, but this is the poster that I think is ridley, see I don't have a very good program to zoom in on it, but on my Wii U I did, please examine this and tell me if you think it is ridley or not, I circled the poster I think he is on.
View attachment 17455
If that is not ridley, what is it. Just examine it, zoom in, whaterver. In the mean time, I will be getting a better program so I can zoom in on it. He has all the characteristics on him. Oh an this is not spam, for it is regarding the WHobby 14 that was ON THE OP. :) have a nice day
Take a look at the screen to the right. It has mostly, but not the same, shape. Since both screens are showing a similar, but different, picture, either Ridley is in roughly the same spot on both, which is highly unlikely since he'd have to get KO'd off the top AND hit the screen, or the same stage creating the illusion of Ridley. Taking a guess from the color and shape, they're both displaying Wily Castle, a popular stage.

D

Deleted member

Don't you think if Ridley was revealed at Whobby, we'd know about it by now?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
View attachment 17455
Looking at it, I believe that appears to be the Steel Diver trophy we saw in the trailer. If you zoom in, you can definitely make out the shape of a submarine.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Looking at it, I believe that appears to be the Steel Diver trophy we saw in the trailer. If you zoom in, you can definitely make out the shape of a submarine.
Oh yeah, in the top-left and top-right. But what's the purplish thing? I've played plenty of Steeldiver and I don't have a clue as to what it is.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh yeah, in the top-left and top-right. But what's the purplish thing? I've played plenty of Steeldiver and I don't have a clue as to what it is.
Here's a screen from the trailer at WHOBBY:

upload_2014-7-2_23-8-2.png

It seems to fit.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
View attachment 17455
If that is not ridley, what is it. Just examine it, zoom in, whaterver. In the mean time, I will be getting a better program so I can zoom in on it.[/quote
Thank you much... it was killing me thinking i found something important and i had no idea what it was! It does look quit like ridley to me, but now that you mention the steel diver thing, I see that now. sorry for the lack of capitalization on my post, i am in a hurry XD

Xigger

Smash Lord
Interesting shared poses between Captain Falcon and Little Mac, not sure what brought it up though. I'd chalk it up to the fact that both of their animations were created for Smash, so they're bound to share similarities.

Also, where did this image come from? It looks like a zoomed-in picture, and those Japanese websites are a bit hard to navigate through...

Yo friends.

I'm sorry, but we're not in the wrong here. Nowhere is this thread stated to be japanese-exclusive. The title is Japanese everything (rumors-speculation-impressions), which seems inspired by the Japanese demos and the flux of speculation that comes with it. The topic changes in the thread have been brought on by the updates in the author's first post: They are even time-stamped. The Miis came up on 6/30, as a Roster Rumor Mockup was edited in as the newest information for this thread, which then sparked the conversation as intended.

If the updated OP and conversation not matching the thread title is a problem, please ask the author.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you mean, no it's spam, or It's not spam. Though it is not spam anyway.
No, it's spam.

Anyways, supercopper, if you'd like to continue this conversation on what's spam or not spam, feel free to PM myself or make a thread in the Forum Support. Other than that, I won't be continuing this conversation in this thread as, technically, it's a form of spam.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
But we've gotten retweets by Xenoblade related peeps every direct.

Not saying we *won't* see Shulk, I think he's the most likely, but what makes this special compared to the other four to five times?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
But we've gotten retweets by Xenoblade related peeps every direct.

Not saying we *won't* see Shulk, I think he's the most likely, but what makes this special compared to the other four to five times?
He's the creator/writer of Shulk and he hasn't retweeted anything Smash related before

epicgordan

Smash Ace
That reminds me; I just got tipped off on the amazon forums--on a thread I created well before I joined called the Super Smash Brothers Appreciation Thread. And apparently, we are to get a three-minute reveal trailer this Monday, essentially suggesting another newcomer. There's even a countdown leading to the event for crying out loud! Here's the exact quote from my thread, and the person who provided it:

Krypto Krunch says:
New fighter to be announced on the 14th.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._super_smash_bros_to_be_revealed_on_14th_july

"There's even a live countdown for an intro video...

Until now Masahiro Sakurai, his team and Nintendo have revealed new challengers for Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS through a combination of Nintendo Direct broadcasts and sudden updates on the official website. There seems to be a big announcement coming, however, as they've gone so far as to provide advance warning, and a countdown, for the next unveiling.
On 14th July at 7am Pacific / 10am Eastern / 3pm UK / 4pm CET and midnight AEST (15th July), Nintendo will broadcast a three minute New Fighter Intro Video. That's quite a lot of hype for a character reveal, so we naturally expect it to be something special.

We'll be watching when that rolls around to kick off next week. You can even watch a countdown below, if the wait is just too much."
If you want to look into it, check out the link right here: http://www.amazon.com/forum/video g...Thread=Tx3TWOPPUQV8IVE#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Xigger

Smash Lord
Unrelated, I am a BIG fan of this new timer for a newcomer reveal. I'm a bit tired of scrolling down to a daily picture and seeing a new character. Seems anti-climatic.

About this Xenoblade guy: DID he ever retweet Smash/Sakurai stuff? It's a pretty simple thing to find out if we search the Twitter history.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Unrelated, I am a BIG fan of this new timer for a newcomer reveal. I'm a bit tired of scrolling down to a daily picture and seeing a new character. Seems anti-climatic.

About this Xenoblade guy: DID he ever retweet Smash/Sakurai stuff? It's a pretty simple thing to find out if we search the Twitter history.
These are his only gaming related posts in the past year:
  • Retweeting Nintendo Direct that revealed Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Retweeting Nintendo Direct that revealed Xenoblade Chronicle 2
  • Tweeting about Nintendo Event showing Xenoblade Chronicle 2 Trailer
  • Monday's New Fighter Announcement for Smash Bros

Top Bottom