• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese 3DS Users? The Unofficial JPN Friend-Code Thread

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I have one and will be getting it midnight Japan time! I will try to add you all.

I will also be purchasing a capture card and streaming it so it might be fun to stream some matches with people!

I will be on an internship in Japan at the time so I will be most available during Japan time.

FC:0619-5455-1327

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well assuming you have an XL, it lets you get one of 6 free games with this card:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/

Other than that I'm not really sure. Part of me feels like it might be needed to play online though.
I guess thats a different card then the one with the mario hat club nintendo (xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx)?
If so i missed the promotion by 2 days due to ordering the XL 2 days early in a PA auction.

EDIT:
FC SmasherJAP:4527-9744-0830 Ill add everyone listed in the first post closer to release.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I've had my japanese 3DS since release, one of my most loved possession.

I'll be adding everyone on the front page.

0216-0768-2779

Only interested in 1v1's though lol.

CyanCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Serman
3DS FC
4484-8575-4809
oh my gosh, I left for a week and I come back to so many new people :D
I'll add all of ya ^-^

LLOsu

Smash Rookie
I've just ordered a japanese 3DS LL and will get it next week along with ace attorney 123 good buy! So i'll add my friend code on here and of course like everyone else will be going on eshop at 11pm Perth, Australia time on 12th Sept and will download the game from there.

Can anyone confirm that using a foreign credit card works as well.

Of course I'll add everyones friend codes when i get mine.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I've just ordered a japanese 3DS LL and will get it next week along with ace attorney 123 good buy! So i'll add my friend code on here and of course like everyone else will be going on eshop at 11pm Perth, Australia time on 12th Sept and will download the game from there.

I bought the japanese version of azure striker gunvolt very recently on my LL, worked with visa and "e-card" if thats something that is being used more then in sweden.

Ill miss the first days probably, mostly because ill be playing with others that will have the game locally :D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

it should! my bank charges a foreign transaction fee for eshop ($1.00USD) so keep that in mind.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
I have a Japanese 3DSLL with capture device that I'll be streaming from for 24 hours on launch day! Also I'm trying to setup an online tournament on Sunday to stream if anyone wants in.
My Twitch for those interested.

My friend code is: 4227-3278-6754

Adding everyone on the list.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
GAH, how in the world did I miss all these posts for so long?! .-.

Sorry for not being on top of this guys, I'll update the OP ASAP with all the codes and such.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this has been asked time and time again, but since I can't quite find a dedicated thread for it, anyone out there with a Japanese 3DS looking to play Smash in September?

I actually literally got mine only 3 days ago, for Smash among other things. It'd be nice to find some people to play some friendlies with while we wait for the American Release.

And on that note, have a list of Japanese 3DS Friend Codes!

Japanese 3DS Friend Codes:

DarkAura64: 2251 - 6359 - 8131

200X!!: 0447 - 7449 - 8962

Chimera: 2766 - 9875 - 9917

Phaazoid: 4485 - 0217 - 1160

J04KIM: 0404 - 6797 - 4573

CyanCat: 2036 - 8528 - 4889

ShinyReshiram: 1521 - 4731 - 0975

blindtachi: 1736 - 2429 - 3229

Ducksen: 5043 - 3678 - 3869

Chuc: 3540 - 0027 - 2288

iiGGYxD: 0447 - 7543 - 7353

SSEddie13: 5429 - 9107 - 2527

Chromvoy: 2509 - 3358 - 2163

i will be adding all of you please include me in the fun!
3110-6366-1018
:)

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Just bought my 3DS ^^

Add me! 5344-0223-3740

Quick question. I plan on using my OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Card.

Has anyone used this type of card on the Japanese eshop yet?

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
Got my LL coming in Monday morning. I have to wonder how the midnight release will work since I've never done one on the eshop before. Will it automatically update the game being available or will I have to refresh the eshop or something to update the availability? And do I need to add funds or since the credit card is there I won't have to?

I hope to play with some of you guys too, of course!

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Got my LL coming in Monday morning. I have to wonder how the midnight release will work since I've never done one on the eshop before. Will it automatically update the game being available or will I have to refresh the eshop or something to update the availability? And do I need to add funds or since the credit card is there I won't have to?

In addition to what you said, does anybody know what time the game will come out EST?

ndayday

BRoomer
Just bought my 3DS ^^

Add me! 5344-0223-3740

Quick question. I plan on using my OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Card.

Has anyone used this type of card on the Japanese eshop yet?
Going off of this site it doesn't look like it.
https://www.onevanilla.com/onevanilla/faq.html

You may use your OneVanilla Card anywhere Visa debit cards, PULSE cards or Debit MasterCard is accepted within the fifty United States and District of Columbia. The OneVanilla Prepaid Card cannot be used at merchants outside of the United States, including the Internet and mail order/telephone order merchants outside of the United States.

it asks to you to pay funds whenever you try to purchase a game. if you have some on there already but not enough it will I think just ask you to pay the remainder.
also from my experience you have to startup the eshop after/right at "midnight" ...
In addition to what you said, does anybody know what time the game will come out EST?
which will be 11AM EST, 8AM PST.

edit: will also add everyone else that posted after me right now

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i better go test, then. I'll be downloading kirby fighters Z. It's successful. I'll link you guys to the stream lol

ohh its 810 yen so about $7.70? What about tax?

Last edited:

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
Going off of this site it doesn't look like it.
https://www.onevanilla.com/onevanilla/faq.html

it asks to you to pay funds whenever you try to purchase a game. if you have some on there already but not enough it will I think just ask you to pay the remainder.
also from my experience you have to startup the eshop after/right at "midnight" ...

which will be 11AM EST, 8AM PST.

edit: will also add everyone else that posted after me right now

So how much would you need to add for a 3DS game? about 50 dollars? Hopefully the eshop won't be down because the download of this game is going to take a lot of time on its own...

ndayday

BRoomer
So how much would you need to add for a 3DS game? about 50 dollars? Hopefully the eshop won't be down because the download of this game is going to take a lot of time on its own...
I just checked the eshop and smash bros is listed as 5616yen, about $53.

Aybee

Smash Rookie
Wheecani fndtournaments of sh mele, in chicao,il???
I'm sure this has been asked time and time again, but since I can't quite find a dedicated thread for it, anyone out there with a Japanese 3DS looking to play Smash in September?

I actually literally got mine only 3 days ago, for Smash among other things. It'd be nice to find some people to play some friendlies with while we wait for the American Release.

And on that note, have a list of Japanese 3DS Friend Codes!

Japanese 3DS Friend Codes:

DarkAura64: 2251 - 6359 - 8131

200X!!: 0447 - 7449 - 8962

Chimera: 2766 - 9875 - 9917

Phaazoid: 4485 - 0217 - 1160

J04KIM: 0404 - 6797 - 4573

CyanCat: 2036 - 8528 - 4889

ShinyReshiram: 1521 - 4731 - 0975

blindtachi: 1736 - 2429 - 3229

Ducksen: 5043 - 3678 - 3869

Chuc: 3540 - 0027 - 2288

iiGGYxD: 0447 - 7543 - 7353

SSEddie13: 5429 - 9107 - 2527

Chromvoy: 2509 - 3358 - 2163

Levy22

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

Just bought a Japanese 3DS LL from Amazon and need help setting up the eShop account.
Can you guys answer some questions i(f this is the right place for me to ask this)?
Should I buy an eShop card to add funds or does my regular international card work?

Thanks in advance.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Hey guys,

Just bought a Japanese 3DS LL from Amazon and need help setting up the eShop account.
Can you guys answer some questions i(f this is the right place for me to ask this)?
Should I buy an eShop card to add funds or does my regular international card work?

Thanks in advance.
It depends on the card. The Japanese eShop accepts Visa, Mastercard, and a few other things that don't immediately come to mind. I don't know if it accepts the prepaid eShop cards because I don't use those myself.

Where are you stuck in the eShop registration?

Last edited:

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie
Can you guys add me? I'll be covering the game.

I got a Japanese capture card and will be streaming the game on twitch. I have more info and a video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Le-83nxW4

I actually have not added anyone on my 3DS yet, so ill need to go get my friendcodes for both of them.

Last edited:

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
When you add funds to the eshop I assume you have to add it in Yen? How much exactly should you add to purchase Smash?

VaderPrime

Smash Rookie
NNID
VaderPrime
3DS FC
1006-0846-7481
Instead of adding funds to my Japanese 3ds, I just outright purchased Pokemon Y using my credit card. I didn't have any problems doing that.

Levy22

Smash Cadet
It depends on the card. The Japanese eShop accepts Visa, Mastercard, and a few other things that don't immediately come to mind. I don't know if it accepts the prepaid eShop cards because I don't use those myself.

Where are you stuck in the eShop registration?
Great. Thanks!
I haven't started yet. Will try by instinct later this week and will come to you guys should I get stuck. :)

ndayday

BRoomer
THE BAKA GAIJIN'S GUIDE TO JAPANESE 3DS YOU BOUGHT FOR SMASH

If you have a North American/European 3DS, it helps to have both open to get an idea of what menu navigation is like, particularly in the eshop and system settings need you have to navigate there. The only difference in layout between JPN 3DS and other region 3DS is the inability to change the system from Japanese on JPN.

Eshop setup/NNID:

If you have not done so yet, you will need to setup your NNID. If you can't read Japanese, you only need to enter 4 things (there are 4 boxes to fill out):
Your username (NNID)
Your password
Your password again
your email address to verify your account

if there is an error you are putting things in the wrong boxes, the passwords don't match, your email is invalid, or your username of choice is taken (iirc the box you got wrong will be shown?) in either case this is easy.

You do NOT need to link your account to Club Nintendo.

Purchasing a game on the eshop:

Open up the eshop. You may need to update your 3DS. More than likely, Smash 4 3DS will be prominently displayed in the eshop. Tap on the game, it should take you to the Smash Bros. section (there will be some videos etc., you want the game). However over the Smash bros. icon to see the price (5616 yen, ~53 USD). Tap on it. You will need to tap the blue purchase button on the next screen.

If you do not have any funds, this is where it will ask you to enter them. Tap on the only button that's not back.

The next screen has two options to add funds: via eshop card (topmost option) and via credit card (has JCB, MC, and Visa logos displayed obv). If you have a eshop card you will need to enter the code on the card and the corresponding value of the card will be added to your account.

If you will use a credit card, tap on the button. You are brought to a screen with different yen values (500, 1000, 3000, and 5000). You will want to click on NONE OF THESE. there is a smaller icon on the bottom right that translates to something like "add exact amount." click on it. confirm.

make sure you know if your card is capable of foreign transactions. you are responsible for any charge, and some banks add a small fee for transactions etc. Choose your type of card and enter your card details (should be easy if you have ever done an online purchase on anything before): CC number, exp. date, and security number. click ok, it will ask for the ZIP code for the card in the states and maybe something else in other places. continue through the screens, there's a file size screen that will tell you if you have enough room, etc (you should have enough unless you've been downloading games already). DOWNLOAD and enjoy!

plz sticky

Last edited:

Levy22

Smash Cadet
THE BAKA GAIJIN'S GUIDE TO JAPANESE 3DS YOU BOUGHT FOR SMASH

If you have a North American/European 3DS, it helps to have both open to get an idea of what menu navigation is like, particularly in the eshop and system settings need you have to navigate there. The only difference in layout between JPN 3DS and other region 3DS is the inability to change the system from Japanese on JPN.

Eshop setup/NNID:

If you have not done so yet, you will need to setup your NNID. If you can't read Japanese, you only need to enter 4 things (there are 4 boxes to fill out):
Your username (NNID)
Your password
Your password again
your email address to verify your account

if there is an error you are putting things in the wrong boxes, the passwords don't match, your email is invalid, or your username of choice is taken (iirc the box you got wrong will be shown?) in either case this is easy.

You do NOT need to link your account to Club Nintendo.

Purchasing a game on the eshop:

Open up the eshop. You may need to update your 3DS. More than likely, Smash 4 3DS will be prominently displayed in the eshop. Tap on the game, it should take you to the Smash Bros. section (there will be some videos etc., you want the game). However over the Smash bros. icon to see the price (5616 yen, ~53 USD). Tap on it. You will need to tap the blue purchase button on the next screen.

If you do not have any funds, this is where it will ask you to enter them. Tap on the only button that's not back.

The next screen has two options to add funds: via eshop card (topmost option) and via credit card (has JCB, MC, and Visa logos displayed obv). If you have a eshop card you will need to enter the code on the card and the corresponding value of the card will be added to your account.

If you will use a credit card, tap on the button. You are brought to a screen with different yen values (500, 1000, 3000, and 5000). You will want to click on NONE OF THESE. there is a smaller icon on the bottom right that translates to something like "add exact amount." click on it. confirm.

make sure you know if your card is capable of foreign transactions. you are responsible for any charge, and some banks add a small fee for transactions etc. Choose your type of card and enter your card details (should be easy if you have ever done an online purchase on anything before): CC number, exp. date, and security number. click ok, it will ask for the ZIP code for the card in the states and maybe something else in other places. continue through the screens, there's a file size screen that will tell you if you have enough room, etc (you should have enough unless you've been downloading games already). DOWNLOAD and enjoy!

plz sticky
Thanks a lot!!! :)

SmashJelloPersona

Smash Rookie
I hope i can play with all of you i plan on downloading the game Friday and will be playing non-stop my FC is 0645-6248-3827 I'll be doing lots of fan-art too :3

Mr. Pinecone

Smash Rookie
I posted my friendcode here some time ago. However, last week my japanese 3DS, amongst other things, were stolen. So yeah, I won't be able to use that 3DS anymore lol. But I got a new one, I just want this game so bad.

My new friendcode: 0018-2639-3681
I'll once again add everyone in the thread.

KoKuTan Kaizoku

Smash Rookie

LLOsu

Smash Rookie
Finally got my 3dsLL today funds are set up ready to purchase and I've added everyone in this thread do add me back guys and we can have a smashing time no pun intended or perhaps there was.

わたし - 1950-9993-4715
name - freind code

Top Bottom