• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese 3DS Users? The Unofficial JPN Friend-Code Thread

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just got my JP 3DS and I was trying to add funds with my credit card on the eShop, just to see how it would work when I get Smash bros. And when I click the credit card option, I get a message (and I don't really know a lot of kanji, so it's hard to understand) and all I get is an option to go back to the main eShop menu. I created a Japanese NNID and confirmed it on my email.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? D: I wanted to get quite a few games from the eShop. Thanks! c:

JP FC~~ 2036-8528-4889
Added ya to the list.

As for the card, I don't really know. I got mine in without any problems. My only suggestion is for you to take your english 3DS and mirror everything you do. That way if there's a problem you can understand it, and if not then you'll at least know where everything goes.

Good thing to hear!

Mine FC and NNID you can find in my profile. I've already added you all as well!
Put you on as well. Sorry that I haven't added some of you on my 3DS yet, I just haven't had it with me much.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
I just got my JP 3DS and I was trying to add funds with my credit card on the eShop, just to see how it would work when I get Smash bros. And when I click the credit card option, I get a message (and I don't really know a lot of kanji, so it's hard to understand) and all I get is an option to go back to the main eShop menu. I created a Japanese NNID and confirmed it on my email.
Eeehhhh, do you went back to eShop AFTER you confirmed your email? probably it's because you can't do anything before you confirm your email and register in *** nintendo network.

CyanCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Serman
3DS FC
4484-8575-4809
Eeehhhh, do you went back to eShop AFTER you confirmed your email? probably it's because you can't do anything before you confirm your email and register in *** nintendo network.
Yeah I tried after I confirmed it, too. And I also translated the message that pops up when I try to add funds using a credit card. It basically just says that I need the permission from a parent/guardian. So I removed all parental controls. And when I went back, the same message popped up. ugh, this is frustrating. All I wanna do is play smash bros on day one. Thats all I want.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Yeah I tried after I confirmed it, too. And I also translated the message that pops up when I try to add funds using a credit card. It basically just says that I need the permission from a parent/guardian. So I removed all parental controls. And when I went back, the same message popped up. ugh, this is frustrating. All I wanna do is play smash bros on day one. Thats all I want.
Welp, that's strange. I think you need to turn on the parental control again and turn it off, then get back to eShop. If it doesn't working, then wait until tomorrow and check it again? We have a biiig month ahead. I think it is just eShop lagging again.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah I dunno what to tell ya, I just entered my card info like I would on my US 3DS and got through just fine. All I bought so far is Kirby Fighters Z, but still.

CyanCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Serman
3DS FC
4484-8575-4809
So much work for just trying to enter card info. But anyway, I thank you for your help. And yeah, September is the month of all months this year.

Edit: OH MY GOSH GUYS. I DID IT. I DID WHAT SHINYRESHIRAM SAID AND ITS ALL GOOD NOW. :'D Thank you so so so so much!

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
So much work for just trying to enter card info. But anyway, I thank you for your help. And yeah, September is the month of all months this year.
Edit: OH MY GOSH GUYS. I DID IT. I DID WHAT SHINYRESHIRAM SAID AND ITS ALL GOOD NOW. :'D Thank you so so so so much!
Don't forget about October and November! Everyone is waiting for Bayonetta and Pokemon ORAS also.

Yay, glad it helped you! Even though I still have not connected my credit card to japanese eShop :D

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i have a japanese 3DS but idk about this because i'm in japan's time zone (completely off from american users) and also working full time...

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
i have a japanese 3DS but idk about this because i'm in japan's time zone (completely off from american users) and also working full time...
You mean can we play SSB4 online? Well, we can, because we have a japanese 3DS. But yeah, there will be a problem with timezones. Just like you, I live in different timezone too.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You mean can we play SSB4 online? Well, we can, because we have a japanese 3DS. But yeah, there will be a problem with timezones. Just like you, I live in different timezone too.
That shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure we'll find at least one instance of being able to play with ya. ^^

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
Right now I have an original Ambassador's Program 3DS. I've been planning to get an XL for the 3DS version of Smash for a while now, but it recently occurred to me that I COULD get a Japanese XL for Smash, and just continue to use my original 3DS for everything else.

I haven't convinced myself that this is the way to go yet though. Those of you with Japanese systems... Is it worth it? Yeah, you get Smash a month early... But once the games come out in other regions, the advantage is basically lost; do you end up rebuying the game? Are there any major downsides to consider?

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
If SSB4 is the ONLY game you intend to play on a Japanese 3ds, then you're probably better off saving your money and waiting. I can't speak for others, but I bought mine as a fun way to keep reading Japanese. Getting SSB4 early is just an extra little perk to me.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If SSB4 is the ONLY game you intend to play on a Japanese 3ds, then you're probably better off saving your money and waiting. I can't speak for others, but I bought mine as a fun way to keep reading Japanese. Getting SSB4 early is just an extra little perk to me.
Pretty much this. I can't read Japanese for the life of me, but I'm interested in learning it more, and I don't really have trouble navigating things. Plus, getting to try out Kirby Fighters Z and MH4 early is a huge plus, along with whatever else comes in the future.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Nah, original Japanese copy from sm4sh is literally everything to me. Just because I'm actually study Japanese language, haha.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
You guys are crazy :D Have fun on Sept. 13. ;)

Hope you'll be sharing your experience with us :)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
you should have no problems connecting to the internet, i assume. my american 3DS can access the internet and eshop just fine from japan.
Right now I have an original Ambassador's Program 3DS. I've been planning to get an XL for the 3DS version of Smash for a while now, but it recently occurred to me that I COULD get a Japanese XL for Smash, and just continue to use my original 3DS for everything else.

I haven't convinced myself that this is the way to go yet though. Those of you with Japanese systems... Is it worth it? Yeah, you get Smash a month early... But once the games come out in other regions, the advantage is basically lost; do you end up rebuying the game? Are there any major downsides to consider?
i would say it's not worth it. i also own an american 3DS because i wanted the nostalgic english puns in animal crossing and also wasn't in japan at the time i decided to buy a 3DS. basically i have animal crossing and dead or alive and i think another game or two for it... i think a couple of my favorite zelda games on the virtual console.

but since i got my japanese 3DS LL i literally never touch my gorgeous purple american 3DS. and honestly it's a hassle to bring it places just for the sake of an extra few options. (i'm literally the opposite of you -- i should never have bought my american 3DS and should have started with japanese)

and in my case i can READ both japanese and english. if you can only read one, then the second system is gonna be a hassle and you're gonna miss small things that other people in the community are going to be getting (if there are no language options you're going to be missing out on jokes and references and voices and stuff). and it'll be loads more expensive.

i know it seems tough to wait, but honestly... it'll probably be more of a pain when after 3 short weeks you realize you should have just waited.

Last edited:

CyanCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Serman
3DS FC
4484-8575-4809
Well, I got my Japanese 3DS for a few reasons-
1) To practice the language. I understand maybe about 60% of the dialogue, but I actually enjoy looking things up to expand my vocabulary.
2) For Japanese exclusive games like Youkai Watch and Project Mirai 2
3) To get games early :p

I think if you just wanna get games early without understanding any of the text, you should just wait until they're localized. I dont see a point in paying so much money for that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Alright, I've caught up with everyone here. I never actually made a NNID, yet I can purchase from the eshop. Is that weird?

As for timezones, I live in EST, but I play at weird hours, so that shouldn't hurt anything xD

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Alright, I've caught up with everyone here. I never actually made a NNID, yet I can purchase from the eshop. Is that weird?

As for timezones, I live in EST, but I play at weird hours, so that shouldn't hurt anything xD
Nah, it's not weird. I did the same thing. I made my Nintendo Network ID last night when I figured out the card that comes with a 3DS XL lets you snag a free game. It was a bit tricky, but I made it through.

But yeah, you don't need a NNID to get stuff from the Eshop.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Nah, it's not weird. I did the same thing. I made my Nintendo Network ID last night when I figured out the card that comes with a 3DS XL lets you snag a free game. It was a bit tricky, but I made it through.

But yeah, you don't need a NNID to get stuff from the Eshop.
A...a free game? Damn, nice find.

Maybe I'll attempt tripping between the NNID menus at some point. Are there any specific benefits to having one?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
A...a free game? Damn, nice find.

Maybe I'll attempt tripping between the NNID menus at some point. Are there any specific benefits to having one?
Well assuming you have an XL, it lets you get one of 6 free games with this card:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/

Other than that I'm not really sure. Part of me feels like it might be needed to play online though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I went classic 3DS, tried to keep the expenses down, XD.

If it's needed to play online then why are there friend codes? idk.

I might go set one up later anyways.

Ducksen

Smash Apprentice
Room for one more? My friend code:
5043-3678-3869

I'll be sure to add you guys too.

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I have had my JP 3DS for months now, gotten it for Dual Destinies and now for Smash 4 :v

My code's 3540 0027 2288

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Just got myjp 3ds this week FC: 0447-7543-7353

I look forward to playing with everyone:D

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I have had my JP 3DS for months now, gotten it for Dual Destinies and now for Smash 4 :v

My code's 3540 0027 2288
Just got myjp 3ds this week FC: 0447-7543-7353

I look forward to playing with everyone:D
Welcome aboard the FC Train =P

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
Sup guys, I just got a Japanese 3ds so it would be cool to have some people to fight when the game comes out. So here's my FC: 5429-9107-2527

I'll add everone here and I hope you guys add me.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Well assuming you have an XL, it lets you get one of 6 free games with this card:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/

Other than that I'm not really sure. Part of me feels like it might be needed to play online though.
*Rips through his 3DS LL box looking for it. Finds nothing.*
*Looks at the back of the box and finds it sticked to the inside.*
I would have not known about this deal if you never mentioned it, so thanks.

Anyway, got mine last week, my code is 2509-3358-2163.
Added everyone here, I'll probably hide from the internet and all online matches until I unlock everyone in the game, but from there I can hopefully have matches with you all (if college doesn't get in the way :l)

CyanCat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr.Serman
3DS FC
4484-8575-4809
Ugh. I want yoshi's new island, but my 3DS LL came with Animal Crossing on it. So I don't think I get the promo. I looked through all the papers it came with and the whole box. oh well. :/

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Sup guys, I just got a Japanese 3ds so it would be cool to have some people to fight when the game comes out. So here's my FC: 5429-9107-2527

I'll add everone here and I hope you guys add me.
Added ya to the OP.

*Rips through his 3DS LL box looking for it. Finds nothing.*
*Looks at the back of the box and finds it sticked to the inside.*
I would have not known about this deal if you never mentioned it, so thanks.

Anyway, got mine last week, my code is 2509-3358-2163.
Added everyone here, I'll probably hide from the internet and all online matches until I unlock everyone in the game, but from there I can hopefully have matches with you all (if college doesn't get in the way :l)
The only reason I even knew about it was because I was futzing around the E Shop and found out more about it. Thank god I didn't throw that card out lol.
Glad I could help though, and added ya to the OP.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Ugh. I want yoshi's new island, but my 3DS LL came with Animal Crossing on it. So I don't think I get the promo. I looked through all the papers it came with and the whole box. oh well. :/
well you already have a free game that came out with yours 3DS. x)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mines on my profile

EDIT: Or I thought it was....

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So, any of the friendcodes from europeans with a japanese 3DS?, ill add my code closer to the japanese release i think, ill play ALOT the first weeks so ill always be up for singlesplay.

Mr. Pinecone

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'll hopefully get the game as soon as it comes out. My JP Friend Code: 4098-3874-3774
I'll be adding everyone here. Looking forward to play with you guys.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Sup again, here's my JPN FC:
3754 - 8622 - 7405

I think I'll be adding most everyone here.
edit: added everyone 'cept Venus

Last edited:
Top Bottom