• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i assume the website is set up that way as to prevent people outside of japan from accessing the site. not sure why this would be so important though...

ill be gone in march, but uchiha did refer me to someone living in kobe...

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to buy a ticket to Tokyo, Japan in mid January for a week.

Not 100% confirmed, but I think it is a very good possibility.

Anyone willing to help me out for a couple days of housing? I'm going to get a motel a couple days, but if someone could house me for a few days of my travel while showing me around would be greatly appreciated.

And let's get all the Japanese players gathering around, I want to play them when I arrive.

Maybe even a tournament would be sick.

Attila_

BRoomer
i living in chiba, so im a little bit outside tokyo, and my apartment is in a student dorm, so im unable to host anybody...

that being said, i could see what other smashers are doing and drag you along to a meet a someone else's house, but no promises. oh, i pretty much just play brawl btw, although if someone can teach me to be awesome at melee, i may just pick it up...

Smash Journeyman
DJ what have you been doing in East Asia just touring or are you there for some sort of job?

And shmot do you know if theres an actuall scene in Kobe?

Attila_

BRoomer
doubt there is a scene but i know a guy currently living in kobe wanting to play some brawl (he's american).

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Noobking I miss you too much.

I am in Tokyo for as long as I can stand it.

Japanese community seems very small. Not many people have time to play, I don't think they have the same outlook on the game as our good players do. There is much more pressure in Japan than in the US. There just isnt time for smashbrothers the way that many of us want it.

I have the feeling people play very strictly and percise but lack creativity,
just like Japanese people are in real life.

everyone likes shiek

nobody knows how to play platforms because Tokyo area is FD only, and I think kansai is still FD and Dreamland only. Go to platform stage and you win. Also nobody knows how to beat bowser. Jk.

But, everyone is very very nice, I think smash in Japan is still awesome and could be even more so if one goes to kansai : )
Wow, I see. That's really cool! I wanna go to Japan some day but mostly to find a beautiful japanese girl to take back home to Canada with me :chuckle:

Smash goes on in North America. We're hosting a big tournament in May of 2010, I hope yourself and maybe some of the japanese players would feel inclined to attend. ^__^

zeionut

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Yokohama till January (Shinsugita I think is the station) if there is any info on a tournament/smash fest near me please PM me :]

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
At the moment I live in the Kansai Area, Osaka prefecture; Hirakata City.
I have my own apartment including a cube with melee and 3 controllers. =p

If any1 wants to come by to hit up some melee, you are welcome to. =)

Also, there will be another Japanese melee tourney in Osaka January 11th.
I'm going and so should you. ;D!

hornsby

Smash Rookie
anything going on melee related around tokyo over the next 2 weeks?

not sure i'd even be able to make it but still

show-da-skill

Smash Apprentice
West coast wes and I can host a little smash. if you are in Tokyo email me at timgrimes43@ezweb.ne.jp so i can give you the details on how to meet us.

this goes for anyone else in the greater Tokyo area wishing to get together with the ONLY active foreigners playing melee.

plus my school is going to have about 2 months for spring break from the beginning of February so...smash anyone?

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm willing to host smash fests every 2 weeks or so in Shiga (45 min out of Kyoto, 85 out of osaka, 70 out of nagoya) if anyone is interested. I mostly play brawl but I have a copy of melee, just don't expect me to play it well haha. Anyone who's interested lemme know!

Lacklustre

Smash Rookie
Hey, I currently live in Tokyo and I'd love to play against anyone in the area. Certainly against Japanese peeps, though my Japanese ain't perfect yet. . .

Attila_

BRoomer
Hey, I currently live in Tokyo and I'd love to play against anyone in the area. Certainly against Japanese peeps, though my Japanese ain't perfect yet. . .
i live in chiba, just outside tokyo. if you play brawl, drop us a line and we'll meet up.

strawhats

Smash Master
I'm going to try to buy a ticket to Tokyo, Japan in mid January for a week.

Not 100% confirmed, but I think it is a very good possibility.

Anyone willing to help me out for a couple days of housing? I'm going to get a motel a couple days, but if someone could house me for a few days of my travel while showing me around would be greatly appreciated.

And let's get all the Japanese players gathering around, I want to play them when I arrive.

Maybe even a tournament would be sick.
Somebody get CJ/ Bombsoldier (I think he still plays melee) to play KDJ... EPIC

WTF happened to Fumi-san

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Well it turns out that my trip to Japan has been postponed.

Instead of heading there in January, I will be heading to Japan in the time span of May to July.

I hope we can organize a tournament and get some of the best in Japan to arrive, and also any help for housing in Tokyo would be greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted.

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
Bomboldier doesnt play. Fumi quit 7 years ago. Like I said, in tokyo only 2 good players in the entire area who are ii and kaito. Neither of them are that active anyway.

Nobody plays here.

Recently we have been playing with an all around good smash player called Flash, and in Chiba there is a good player Shawa who captain jack recommended I play (ofcourse CJ doesnt play either)

Another Japanese player Negu who is fairly new but good and devoted comes over to play Tim and I once a week.

We also play with an American from Hawaii named Joel who is going to Obirin university who is all around very good.

like Tim and I keep saying, email or PM US now if you are here and want to get something together. We speak Japanese and if you want to play Japanese players we will get it going, even Kaito or ii whatever.

westonportman@gmail.com
keitai = wintermadness@ezweb.ne.jp

I will respond to you very very fast and we will be playing.

KoreanDJ that's too bad ;_;
When you come here we are waiting to have some good times. I'll make sure we get to play with the best around here in somekind of smashfest.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
In about 3/4 years, I'm planning on moving to Japan to live there for roughly a year. I would be in the general Fukui city area for most of my time there. Not familiar with most of the geography but not sure where in that area I would be anyway.

This is WAY down the road. Pretty much just posting here for distant future referance. Hopefully smash still exists in Japan when I get there! :O

Vayseth

Smash Master
Smash is hard to find here but it does exist. You just have to struggle to find it.

Anyone wanna help me try and navigate this huge annoying site? I can't figure it out >.< (I speak Japanese, that's not the problem...)

Attila_

BRoomer
Smash is hard to find here but it does exist. You just have to struggle to find it.

Anyone wanna help me try and navigate this huge annoying site? I can't figure it out >.< (I speak Japanese, that's not the problem...)
pm me your msn address, and ill do what i can. im assuming youre talking about smacom, yeah?

strawhats

Smash Master
according to Amsah... CJ might be coming to America to enter the international tourney APEX 2 in the summer.

I know Fumi doesn't play anymore, but I don't recall it being 7 years ago. There are vids of fumi playing up until 2008 at the last sumobato/whatever it was that he entered in and lost to masashi.

Mach Dash still plays so don't forget about him, S-Royal still plays, Tani still plays, of course Kou and Laito still play. Bombsoldier I think doesnt like Brawl and hardly plays melee nowadays. But I think he plays every now and again. (from what I've heard) This is coming from Dr. PP who knows a friend (girl) of Bomsoldier's who attends a university in North Carolina.

I wonder where Aniki and Masashi are?

Kith

Smash Ace
Are there any good Japanese PT's that post videos? I've been looking for some. I want to see if the metagame is any different.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm planning on buying my ticket to Tokyo in May...

Anyone want to organize something around that time is greatly appreciated...

Also housing too...that'd be too good.

Thanks guys.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Hey everybody just randomly popping in to see what's up with the east side. LOL
I gots a question who's the top 5 strongest in Melee in Japan.
I want to come out there to fight those top 5.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
man i feel bad that u guys dont have as big of a smash community as we do in the states, if i had moneyz i'd travel and start something up over theres

Socket423

Smash Rookie
Japan still playing Melee.
it is especially active in Kansai.
far from it,it is lively than a few years ago.(though it is not a scale of the tournaments like the US)

smacom is japanese smash community site : http://smacom.so-netsns.jp/
and the site of smashbrothers(includes 64, Melee, Brawl) was born. : http://smashbrothers.org/ (incompleteness)

a lot of Japanese players do not have an tech skills, but they have game theory and do mind games.

i am a Japanese smasher, and i am uploading Japanese Melee Videos to youtube.
my youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/deandrive9000

sorry for my poor english

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Japan still playing Melee.
it is especially active in Kansai.
far from it,it is lively than a few years ago.(though it is not a scale of the tournaments like the US)

smacom is japanese smash community site : http://smacom.so-netsns.jp/
and the site of smashbrothers(includes 64, Melee, Brawl) was born. : http://smashbrothers.org/ (incompleteness)

a lot of Japanese players do not have an tech skills, but they have game theory and do mind games.

i am a Japanese smasher, and i am uploading Japanese Melee Videos to youtube.
my youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/deandrive9000

sorry for my poor english
だれですか???
私はFATEです。^___^

Did we meet? I have been to the last couple of melee tournaments in suminodo.

Hey guys, I made this funny vid last tournament (March 21st):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CszPjrmJwC4

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Maeve~!
英語は上手ですね!?
なんかびくりしたw

ね!オレは今枚方市住んでいる、
Maeveさんは枚方に近く住んでいますか?
よかったら、いつかいっしょうにSMASHDXやれないか?
オレのケイタイデンワメイルは:helloimjp@softbank.ne.jp

Socket423

Smash Rookie
私は兵庫に住んでいます。
でも大学が枚方にあるので帰りに寄る、ということは可能になると思います!
勿論空いていれば休日でも大丈夫です。
6月頃まで忙しいのであまり時間は取れないとは思いますが・・・

I live in Hyogo.
but my campus is in Hirakata. so after the school ends, I can go to your home!
(ofcource free holiday too)
I think time not to be able to take it too much because it is busy until about June...

----------------
my english is so poor. almost is machine translation.

mail to (socket423@gmail.com). and I reply my mobile phone address.(spam measures)

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
私は兵庫に住んでいます。
でも大学が枚方にあるので帰りに寄る、ということは可能になると思います!
勿論空いていれば休日でも大丈夫です。
6月頃まで忙しいのであまり時間は取れないとは思いますが・・・
あー!そうなんだ!
関西外大??
オレは中宮の外大生だよ!
忙しいか??それはざんねんだ!
時間があるなら、メイルして!
6月まで、日本にいると思う。。
7月からオランダに帰るつもり。

今はよくヒマだから、やるはいつでもいいよ~!=)

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Starting from January 2010 I will have to do an internship for another 4 months.
Don't exactly know where just yet.

Also, I am know the guy that build the Japanese smash community website.
http://smacom.so-netsns.jp/
(he has the servercomputer in his room lol)

He knows ALL Japanese smashers in Japan and he speaks very decent English.
He used to live in California for 2 or 3 years if I'm correct.
Try getting in touch with that dude, his name is 'ushi / うし’。
He also uses MSN, but isn't online that often.

If you are interested and willing to play/help build an international smash community in Japan;
Plz add my MSN: uchihajp@gmail.com
or send me an email.

You could also PM me @ smashboards for those who use AIM.

Hope to meet you soon in Japan. =)
こにちわ!

So are you doing another internship in the near future? What years do you think they will be? I'm going to Japan to study abroad for a month or so once I get into college, and even though that's far off, I still want to know where the smashers are. I know they're in the Kansai area in general, but any specific places that people play the most would be good to know too. :o

About うし, is he able to post here as well and give us more info on Smash in Japan? Or will you relay it to us when you get the info? Also, do they have annual tournaments, or is it all just random meet-ups?

Thanks, and I hope to see you in Japan when I visit as well! :)

I'm willing to host smash fests every 2 weeks or so in Shiga (45 min out of Kyoto, 85 out of osaka, 70 out of nagoya) if anyone is interested. I mostly play brawl but I have a copy of melee, just don't expect me to play it well haha. Anyone who's interested lemme know!
I'll see if I can come to those when I get free time from studying there. We get days off on the weekends sometimes but usually we have to go on a tour, I think. I'll give more info on that when I get it.

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
@ Sapphire Dragon,

Hey mate.
I have been to many tourneys here already.
They host 1 every month.
The next 1 is May 4th if im correct.
At the moment I live in Hirakata city. Which is in the center of Kyoto,Osaka and Nara.
I have met about 50 smashers, they are hella good.

So.. I'll just add you on MSN and I can give you all the juicy details. lol

Top Bottom