• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

Max Power

Smash Cadet
hi kids i know there are really good smashers here but i dont think i can travel to their location. im near the keisei yawata station and honestly i dont really know which city im in hahah. but if anybody is down to smash (melee) please holler back.

arigato

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
telling the station doesn't really help. I'm doing an internship in Aichi-ken, near Shinshiro, but I don't know if its near you. It'd be sweet to play a little while I'm here.

Max Power

Smash Cadet
well lets just say im really close to tokyo like incredibly close. and i sorta google mapped your location and you're kinda far haha.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
yes, quite far. Well I'll be in Tokyo in mid Sept. If your still around maybe i'll contact you.

Max Power

Smash Cadet
my flight is tomorrow and i dont know when im coming back. how long are you gonna be around? and what are you interning for?

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I'll only be in Tokyo for like 3 days in mid sept and then I go home to the states. I'm working at a children's home

∫unk

Smash Master
Does anyone know where the main group of japanese smashers are (bomb soldier, captain jack, etc.)? I'm going to japan next week and it'd be awesome to play .

Or what forum do they use?

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm really close to waseda. If you want to smash with meh pm meh. we can probably set up a meet somewhere for smash. Passmos are very handy for traveling. but I don't have a gamecube, controlers or anything.. so you'll have to provide that...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Most active smashers are in Kansai, they use a Myspace type networking forum called 'Smash Community' to post tournament info. I can't find a link for it right now though, hopefully someone else will.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I'll be in the Kansai region in Sept. so maybe I'll try to look this up. A link would be great if anyone has it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
このスマコムのリンクです --> http://smash.or.tp/

SMA.sh COM.munity or スマコム for short.

If you're looking for Japanese players then wouldn't it make sense to type in Japanese?

Also, that site doesn't make sense at all. Every time I click something it just sends me to a calendar or my profile or someone else's profile or some website announcement.

There's no main lobby or anything. It's not set up like SmashBoards at all. If you figure out how to surf that site properly and find things let me know.

Slinkun64

Smash Rookie
How have I missed this thread? If there's anyone in or around Yokosuka, PM me! I'm trying to get more comfy with getting around Japan too, so I'm willing to travel. It's kind of rough to find smashers around here, since I can't speak or read Japanese and it's not as simple as just going to an arcade and throwing some yen into street fighter 4.

Anyways, I haven't melee in a good while but I could pick it back up. Mainly though, I'd really like to play some brawl. I've been playing against less than notable players on my ship and would LOVE to get destroyed. An unbeaten wolf means nothing without real good competition. =)

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm glad I'm not the only ones looking. I'll see what I can do to translate the website and do some sort of research on their community page. I'm moving there later this year so I hope I can learn about their community before going. Anyone down for helpin me?

Kel

Smash Master
Most active smashers are in Kansai, they use a Myspace type networking forum called 'Smash Community' to post tournament info. I can't find a link for it right now though, hopefully someone else will.
I hope there are a bunch in Kansai. I'll be living in Nagoya, Aichi (Nisshin technically), so that's not too far at all.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've done some research into the Japanese community website. It seems that you need to confirm that you have a Japanese Cell Phone by entering your Japanese cell phone's e-mail address in order to fully register. I had everything fully translated up until that point but until I get a Japanese cell phone e-mail address, it seems like I will not be able to access the community. I'm going to e-mail a couple of my friends in Japan to see if they will help me. I'll see what I can do.

Kel

Smash Master
My friend has one. He's an exchange student in Japan, so maybe he'll let us use his. I'll be getting one in mid March too, but that's a ways away.

Vayseth

Smash Master
The problem is I entered in a Japanese cell phone e-mail and had my friend verify it and all that came through were errors =( I translated the older page, but it seems only a handful of people even post on there anymore.

Kel

Smash Master
LAAAAAAAAME

We need to get a hold of someone that keeps in contact with the Japanese players. I heard Ryota moved to France or something (Captain Jack). The only people I know that would have Japanese ties are Ken, Isai and maybe Unknown Force, but I'm not acquainted with them, so I wouldn't be able to contact them. Someone figure out an instant messenger service a Japanese player uses!

TheNightPlumber

Smash Rookie
I live in the yosuka area and i am looking for some good smashers. the ones on my ship are boring me lol. also if anyone know of any big tournaments let me know. i played 1 tournament in cali but ones jst not enough lol. hit me thanks

TheNightPlumber

Smash Rookie
sorry about that new post lol i just looked at the web paged and either my comp is bugged or the page is cuz all i see are 0's and other random numbers with the ocaional half a word here and there lol.

Vayseth

Smash Master
You need to install the Japanese text files because I can see the kanji characters. We're trying to get into the community now but are having some trouble.

TheNightPlumber

Smash Rookie
i see so if by some chance i can get someone to translate the web page for me after i down load the japanese text reader and get the times and locations will i be able to play?

Vayseth

Smash Master
I mean, I guess. I haven't been back there to see what's up. I need a Japanese cell phone and my attempts at getting someone else to use it have been futile.

Vayseth

Smash Master
My AIM is in my smash profile. It's actually right under my avatar. Click that or click through to my profile page to see it.

(PacManVay, for the lazy)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
man, its been a long time since I've been in Japan...

to the Japaneses brawlers:

this is Kojin. do me a favor and go check out my sonic videos on youtube. id really appreciate it. especially if you love playing sonic liek i do. I'd like you guys to participate more in the sonic forums, especially Kojin's Sonic Tech Lab. i want to develop sonic as much as possible and we would love your help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KojinSagara

arigato.

I must get a chance to talk to RATS too... :)

show-da-skill

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, im here in Japan center of Tokyo and would like want to get in on some SSBM action. I dont want to play brawl. I dont have and set up stuff but lets try and get in contact with some locals around here huh. hit me up on MSN or PM me or something

Kel

Smash Master
Hey guys I talked to one of the guys on youtube that made a pikachu advanced tactics vid and he sent me the link to a site to go to. I'm signed up and everything, but it's all in Japanese, so it's hard to do anything except use it as a Japanese myspace. I can't figure out if there are forums or not, but the guy told me that this is the main site where people organize stuff.

http://smacom.so-netsns.jp/?m=portal&a=page_user_top

Top Bottom