• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
i will be in machida, tokyo until aug. 2010. if anyone is nearby and wants to smash, pm me.

that tournament sounds really cool too, i'll see if i can stop by.

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
I'll be in Tokyo for a long time starting a week from now, living with my friend Tim. We both are long time smashers would love to play melee with anyone nearly ANY time and will travel to your house/apartment as long as it isnt too far. PM me!

We have a set up of course : )

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Im was the only gaijin at the tournament.

I must say: Japanese smashers are STRONG.
Way better than expected.

When I told this to Amsah, he started laughing.
"What else would you expect? You know how good Captain Jack and Masashi are. lol"

Haha I guess I had to experience it to realise it haha.
There are so many good players as: TANI(nr 1 japanese player, marth) Mac Dash(Amazing Capt Falcon player), Thunders(hella smart fox player), Kou (Very technical and smart Falco player).

About 50 people came to the tournament. There were about 15 new players who attended their very first tournament lols.
For me myself, unfortunately I came late. I couldn't find the venue. When I entered pouls already started.
So instead they placed me in losersbracket with the lowest tier.
I beat 4 players and barely lost to Thunders.

There are many great players in Japan, you really should try challenging them.

Oh, btw I also met the n1 strongest brawl player in Japan haha.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
This thread needs to be kept alive and updated. I am VERY interested in exchanging smash knowledge with the Japanese. Tell any Japanese that can read and write English, that we are very interested in having them on Smashboards, or give me a way to get in touch with them.

While I'm interested in Melee, I have little to offer them personally, so I would prefer you get me in touch with Brawl players.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I haven't had time to play Smash Brothers tournaments mostly because of college. I hope there's a tourney when I have my next break so I can go to it. ♥

HulkSmashes

Smash Rookie
Oh man i missed alot in this thread... I'm glad things are looking active again.

JP, How did you find out about the number one brawl player? I gotta get some info on that.
By the way, to re-introduce myself to the people who joined the thread, I am Tony, i smash by the name of HULK! and I will be living close to Kobe for a year+ starting later this month. I mostly brawl, and I am decent in melee (but decent in my standards may not hold up against the Japanese players...).

Brawl Mains: Ness, Ike
Melee Mains: Doc, Luigi

pmak187

Smash Cadet
wow, this is an exciting thread. I am an international student attending International Christian University in Tokyo. I am originally from UC Berkeley and I will be here until the end of November.

I have a setup and I am living in Okubo (near shinjuku). PM me or even better: email me at ptamaki@berkeley.edu if you are interested in smashing (melee of course, but I do also have brawl...)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Any tournament going on in Japan soon?

Also, where can i usually find that info at? >_>

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
currently living in chiba in japan. looking for a brawl scene somewhere... maybe even melee if i get desperate...

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
There wasn't any brawl at all at the previous tourney I went to.
But I'll try to get some info on brawl for you guys.

Shouldn't be that hard, because Thunders's roommate is Japan's nr1 brawl player lols.

Attila_

BRoomer
you serious? im top five in aus and would love to see what japans best have to say. even if it was only in friendlies...

but id probs go to a melee tourny anyway :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
shmot will sweep up the japanese easily in brawl...but melee no chance :p

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Don't care just how good you are =p Don't be underestimating the Japanese.

I would describe most of them as game-otaku's. People that stay inside and play games 24 hours. Knowing every little detail of every **** game lmao. But resulting in major *** kicking play in smash..

Attila_

BRoomer
dw what tibs says, 99% of what he says is crap. japan dominates aus in ever way, i just wanna learn the ways of the ****. but osaka is so far away...

Attila_

BRoomer
at the moment in chiba-ken inage-ku, so it would be a train to the city then a 10 hour bus trip to osaka. then id find my way from there. you dont happen to know any tokyo smashers, do you?

strawhats

Smash Master
Uchiha JP. Exactly who among the existing pros that Americans have come to know still play melee. (bombsoldier, mikael, etc.) ?

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
@ Strawhats: Bombsoldier,Mikael, Aniki, Masashi, Captain Jack , they all stopped playing melee.

You might know Thunders, of the famous "thunders combo" (drillshine wavedash jab), he still plays and organises monthly tourneys.

@ Shmot, I could hook you up with 2 American smashers I came to know in Tokyo. Also they might know some local brawl players by now.

-EDIT- I forgot about S-Royal, pretty good fox player. Used to train with Masashi everyday. He studied in America for about 1 year if I'm correct. He entered a few tourny's in the states and placed 5th in 1 of them. He still plays, the only guy in the whole japanese community that speaks (poor) English. =)

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm currently in Japan, within shouting range of those tournaments. I sux at melee but I wouldn't mind playing some brawl again.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Any big names still playing melee now?

I might go during December/January and want to see if there are still any tournaments going on.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Osaka? **** that's far from Tokyo.

Nothing happening down in Tokyo anymore? I need housing there.

show-da-skill

Smash Apprentice
my friend and i have been meeting some decent melee players here in tokyo. we cant really offer to have any one stay in our small *** room we are sharing but we can set it up for some smash like we have been doing. I can talk to some of the guys we have met and I was already thinking about getting a melee tourney this winter break. e-mail me at timgrimes43@ezweb.ne.jp if your serious. we are.

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
Let us know KoreanDJ,

The consensus seems to be that Kaito and Ii are the best here,
Actually I guess its safe to say Kaito is the best hands down.

I've been in contact with Kaito and he is more than happy to get together to play.
If you come, it would be very easy to set something up with him and other smashers. Just let us know and we go.

The community here is small, there's only a few people to know, and they are all in contact with eachother.

Me and Tim (showdaskill) are here for the long haul, so give either of us a pm.

Attila_

BRoomer
im meeting up with some guys for a small brawl meet in tokyo on sunday if anyone is in the area and interested...

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
Noobking I miss you too much.

I am in Tokyo for as long as I can stand it.

Japanese community seems very small. Not many people have time to play, I don't think they have the same outlook on the game as our good players do. There is much more pressure in Japan than in the US. There just isnt time for smashbrothers the way that many of us want it.

I have the feeling people play very strictly and percise but lack creativity,
just like Japanese people are in real life.

everyone likes shiek

nobody knows how to play platforms because Tokyo area is FD only, and I think kansai is still FD and Dreamland only. Go to platform stage and you win. Also nobody knows how to beat bowser. Jk.

But, everyone is very very nice, I think smash in Japan is still awesome and could be even more so if one goes to kansai : )

Smash Journeyman
How did you guys register on the japanese community site? I'm stuck on the mobile email address part.

Top Bottom