• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 3, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Revival Biweekly (Mason, Ohio)

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Salt are you not going to go to the kentucky tourny then?
You may not know this, but this thread is set to repeat every other week to automatically give people the date for the CSR, this also carries over all the comments that were on the previous thread. So if I had to guess, he's still going to Frankfort

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Salt are you not going to go to the kentucky tourny then?
He is. That was an old post from one of the earlier biweeklies.

That being said I believe Fizzle and Pech are coming tomorrow. It's up to you guys to defend Cincy. Don't let us down. :p

Last edited:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hey PiBs you should bump the thread when you update it brah.

To let everyone know ahead of time, I will not be at this one. I made plans back when I thought the 14th would be one of CSR's off weeks and would prefer not to go back on them.

Sucks I've missed so many of these in a row. I'll be prioritizing them from this point forward, of course.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
I won't be going to this as well. I'm still taking a minor break since i was in 3 months worth of tourneys back to bakc to back.

I also want to try the new smash 4 game this weekend.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Results are up for 6.14 tourny! Great to see everyone, happy to see some new faces. Great tournament and had a good time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
craving some smash, thinking about going to this one with a friend
Drephen can you settle a argument Kel and I are having

if Smash 4 came out and we offered you beer, would you play Smash 4 at my house (Cincinnati area)

as a totally separate argument

if Smash 4 came out and we offered frenzie fool beer if he got you to come down with him, could he convince you to do so

I'm just curious

Drephen

Smash Master
Drephen can you settle a argument Kel and I are having

if Smash 4 came out and we offered you beer, would you play Smash 4 at my house (Cincinnati area)

as a totally separate argument

if Smash 4 came out and we offered frenzie fool beer if he got you to come down with him, could he convince you to do so

I'm just curious
itd have to be a lot of beers cause the game doesnt look so good. Now when Project M 2 comes out, ill be down to play anytime.
Frenziefool would probably come down for a wine cooler

Overswarm

is laughing at you
itd have to be a lot of beers cause the game doesnt look so good. Now when Project M 2 comes out, ill be down to play anytime.
Frenziefool would probably come down for a wine cooler
Fair enough. I think this is a tie between me and Kel. Possibly leaning towards kel depending on what you mean by "a lot of beers".

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna change the stagelist for the next pm tournament. What do you guys think?
I like the idea, stage list is kinda stale and lazy (Apex list is bad and should feel bad).

I was thinking about attempting to learn how to make my own custom background and other stuff for PM specifically for CSR. I gotta look at it sometime this week and hopefully have something for this weekend. I'm not super artistic, but it should be fun.

Expect dickbutt everywhere.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I like the idea, stage list is kinda stale and lazy (Apex list is bad and should feel bad).

I was thinking about attempting to learn how to make my own custom background and other stuff for PM specifically for CSR. I gotta look at it sometime this week and hopefully have something for this weekend. I'm not super artistic, but it should be fun.

Expect ****butt everywhere.
did somebody say dickbutt?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm gonna change the stagelist for the next pm tournament. What do you guys think?
For the love of all that is good and holy, balance the stage list so you don't have 7 of one type of stage and 3 of another, and then allow three bans so one type can be removed completely.

Ask yourself "If a player doesn't want to play on ANY (type of stage), should be able to ban ALL of those kinds of stages?"

If the answer is yes, make sure # of bans = number of stages with the most in its type.

This will shrink your stagelist considerably, unfortunately, due to the large number of battle-field clones that have subtle differences as opposed to stages like Wario Ware and GHZ.

Alternatively, if the answer is no, make sure # of bans != number of stages with the least in its type. So if you have 3 "small" stages or 3 "big" stages, have 2 or less bans so that way there's always at least one small stage. If you are planning on having 3 out of 5, make sure there are minimum 2 of each type.

Personally I would just leave in as many stages as possible and say "one ban". It helps with balance by allowing every character to showcase their strengths that aren't "I'm good on flat/plat stages".

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Updated the stage list for PM. May change it again, but this will definitely be the stage list for Saturday.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I like the stage list change. I'd probably add one more small stage for the option, but as it is it's so much better than apex. Thanks.

Moving this weekend, so unsure if I'll make it. Depends when I can get help from those with trucks.

MrRavine

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm working at the Target on Tylersville until 2pm Saturday, meaning I'll only be 5 minutes away. Will it be possible to still enter myself in the Melee Singles, or at least PM singles? I can pay in advance if that's a concern.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm working at the Target on Tylersville until 2pm Saturday, meaning I'll only be 5 minutes away. Will it be possible to still enter myself in the Melee Singles, or at least PM singles? I can pay in advance if that's a concern.
You should be on time for both singles event. We always start out with the doubles event so you should be fine. No need to pay in advance.

luketavius

Smash Rookie
NNID
luketavius
3DS FC
2535-4467-7043
I think I'll be coming to this. Do I just sign up when I get there saturday? Excited for this, it'll be my second tournament! Trying to get more involved in the Dayton/Cincy scenes

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be coming to this. Do I just sign up when I get there saturday? Excited for this, it'll be my second tournament! Trying to get more involved in the Dayton/Cincy scenes
Yep you sign up at the tournament. Get there at 12:30 to have time to sign up and get in friendlies before the tournament.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you typically do PM doubles randomly, or is it one of those scheduled things that is only sometimes scheduled?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This was enjoyable, full shoutouts later.

Fun tournament. Did better than I expected in Melee, worse than expected in PM. Steak and Shake was good and I wish I had one near me.

To the people who were asking me about ordering shirts:

Examples:

They are currently $10 + shipping/handling if I'm not hand delivering and it isn't a super complicated shirt. Send me a PM or an e-mail at evandowning@gmail.com and I can walk you through the available options, but I can make just about anything and put it on a t-shirt.

Ditto with bead art, except prices vary widely:
http://imgur.com/a/J5nhg#0

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Do you typically do PM doubles randomly, or is it one of those scheduled things that is only sometimes scheduled?
I switch between melee and pm doubles every month or so. It is scheduled and will say on the main info section which one will be ran.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't make it, but the next one should work out for me. This is also good since my friend expressed interest in joining me.

Top Bottom