• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Smashfests again

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
hey im going to head up to the flea market for some magic and then ill head up to the gameroom around 130 so i shoud be there around 1:45 or 1:50

Cire

Smash Cadet
if any of you guys want to meet anytime this week i go play with you guys

Pritch

Smash Lord
On friday at somthing between 4:00-5:00 I'm probably going to be meeting up with vic at the gameroom and playing some. Azn, Gahtzu, Cire and co, and anyone else not doing anything important should try to come out and play (we may or may not end up actually playing in the gameroom, if we don't I'll leave word at the gameroom desk where we are, likely my room if anything).

Also, I likely won't be playing on saturday as I have a gig that day (and sunday too). Just so everyone knows.

Finally, who's going to Get Committed in gainsville next weekend (Gahtzu, I'm talking to you)? I'm planning to go, atm I'm hitching a ride with a friend of mine that lives nearby and is going home on that weekend, but if more people want to go then I'm down with carpooling there and splitting gas instead (though I likely can't drive myself as getting the car to get worked on during the week is fairly challenging given my current schedule). Let me know either here or on aim who's interested in coming and we'll see about making plans.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
ahh man u should have told me earlier(like thursday early) i couldve come strait from school to unf

hey cire you still goin tomorrow?
what about you gahtzu?

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
not coming tomorrow, going to my friends house then paxon homecomin, and ill have to think about gainesville, i havent played smash ever since i played that one day when ian and joe were at my house, so im really out of it. I dnt know, how long do i have to make a decision?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I dunno, just get back to me fairly soon. I just need to know who is planning to go, so I can figure out if I need to get my car fixed/find someone going that can actually drive or if I can just hitch a ride with a non-smasher friend who I know is going home that weekend.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well, since going to gainesville kinda fell on its *** this morning I guess I'll be over at the gameroom to play some smash this afternoon at 2:00 like usual. Gahtzu's gonna be there too, anyone else who sees this in time (sorry about mad short notice) feel free to come out and play too.

Edited the first post slightly too, mostly to just make it so it doesn't reference summer vacation too much anymore since, well, it isn't summer anymore.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Yeah, it'll be open, but getting at consoles is way harder during the week because the gameroom's substantially more crowded then. That said though, I'm in and out of the gameroom all day and I work that night there, so if you were to come by it's possible we could play (if there's open consoles).

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm not going to orlando, dont' think anyone else from jacksonville is going too. Seems like that means business as usual - saturday at 2:00 in the gameroom. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Nothing is happening in Gainesville tomorrow...

lol, there's a tourney in Orlando though. Pritch said he was going to try his luck with buses again.

*edit* nevermind, by the time I actually responded Pritch posted.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Nice new sig aznplaya92, I made a new one as well using my ghetto photoshop skillz.

B1tches & Blades needs a new sig (and change the name back) to show that you're in it.

No word on when I'll be back in Jax...

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll be there on saturday if anyone wants to play as well, but it'd be cool if someone besides ian and I would show up. Cire &etc, Gahtzu, random other people, anyone gonna be coming out?

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
yeah... its getting pretty old playing pritch and his freaking peach that wont die, so im gonna try to get some friends from school to play and please other people come :ohwell:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Along the same lines, there's only so many matches I can play vs young link before I want to go out and strangle puppies. So yeah, let's get people coming out to these again - what happened to gahtzu, cire and etc, and the random others that used to show up to these?

If it's an issue with rides let me know, I do drive and can help out in that regard. I just have to know who needs picked up from where. If we keep having these low turnouts I've got other things I can be doing in that time slot though, so let's either get things rolling or just scrap it till jamz, larry, manko, or one of the other regulars that comes back to town.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I believe so, yes. Not 100% certain though (which is kind of funny since I work there, albeit not that day), but I do think I've seen signs to that effect. I can check tomorrow and confirm that, though.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
fvck i just went to jax this weekend. i didnt even know this thread existed til about 5 minutes ago.......

Pritch

Smash Lord
What you say is sad, depressing, and, I hate to admit, unfortunately true :(.

**** archangels for not sticking with any game for more than a week

jamz

Smash Journeyman
Jacksonville died when I left. :(
i do believe the fatal blow to jacksonville was when i left manko :p. anyhow, im gonna be back for thanksgiving break and all though i havent played often since summer i am still fairly confident of my dominance in NE florida even though i only live there in the summer. any takers?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm at work at the gameroom monday through thursday night, and I'm usually pretty free to go play while at work (yes, my job is awesome). During the day is of course dictated by class schedules, monday I'm open on and off all day, tuesday I'm completely free after 12:00 till a gig I have that evening. Wednesday I'm likely leaving town to head home myself, though I'm not entirely sure what time that day I'll be headed out, and regrettably I'll probably not be back till after friday. Come by sometime monday night if you can, and we'll make some plans to hang tuesday.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Bad time to get grounded with Jamz (and probably LTL) being in town.

btw Pritch, you still plan on visting Mary Esther while you're in Panama City? The entire Panhandle Manhandler crew (myself, Drumma_boi, RAM, Rice, Boomstick, Fumin, and Rook) will be there as well as GA_Wes who is going to be in town. That Saturday there's also a smash fest at the TBS Comics where there's even more locals to play and ussually some guys from Mobile Alabama show up. It'll be good times my friend, hope you make it. ^_^

(linked for your convenience)

Top Bottom