• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Smashfests again

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm in town, but the problem is that I took the bus since my car's still messed up. With the additional complication of one of my parent's cars developing a flat tire (leaving us with only one fully functional set of wheels) it's gonna be hard for me to make it out there without some help.

Soooooo, anyone wanna help :chuckle:?

Actually, I was planning on heading back to jacksonville on saturday, but if my parents get the tire on the car fixed on friday (which I'll push for) then I'll see if I can change plans to heading back sunday. Or if anyone can volunteer to ferry me over there (though I understand that's a pain and am more than understanding if it's not possible).

Fair warning in advance though, I'm mad rusty. Not playing any good opponents since MLG orlando with the exception of one gigabits tournament a week ago will do that. Still down for playing though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sorry Pritch, I had no internet access while over there and since you have no cell I couldn't get in contact with you. It was a fun lil tourney, though mostly just the Panhandle Manhandlers (except Fumin & Boomstick) and some other locals since GA_Wes couldn't stay for the tourney day. But since you've met Drumma_Boi, RAM, and Rice the only person you missed really was Rook.

Oh an John's got a Wii too. They're so fun! ^_^

Pritch

Smash Lord
The Wii is indeed cool. Twilight princess is the ****.

You gonna be around jacksonville anytime over winter break? I'll probably be hanging around here till a few days before christmas since there's nothing much to do back home (which also means I'll be available to smash with the rest of you jacksonville peoples, btw).

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I plan to be there for at least part of the winter break. I'll let you guys know.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Arise, thread, arise!!!!!!

So, who's going to be here for christmas break, when are you getting here, how long are you staying, etc. I should be staying here up until probably a few days before christmas, but my break starts basically monday morning at 10:00 or so. That leaves a lot of time to smash in the interim. So Larry, Jamz, Manko, co_and_me (maybe) are you going to be in jacksonville for the break? Let me know what's what.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I believe Jamz said he comes home on the 18th, not sure how long he'll stay though.

as for myself, I'm not really sure what my plans are yet. I'll most likely get roped into taking Amy back home at some point since it's a long drive and she doesn't want to make it herself in her old/crappy car. Not that I mind though cause I'll get to smash with the Panhandle Manhandlers again. I'll post when I find out something more concert though.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
im home now, however i was still drunk when i left to catch my flight so i forgot a bunch of things including my controller. but other than that dilema, id love to play sometime. ill be here for a month

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
wtf, haha, alchoholic mind games :p, yea idk if larry's gonna be back anytime soon, he recently got a job in orlando, but hey, im still here?!?!?!?!?!??!! :D RiGhT!?

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm down for playing anytime. You guys know how to get up with me.

Btw, the sig changed. When did that happen?

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Hey I'm in town. Let me know what the plan is. Today is the 18th. I will be mostly free til the 21. thats when relatives show up. I can prolly still smash some then too. but I am planning on heading to gville around the 27th.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I updated the sigs for both B1tches & Blades, and the Panhandle Manhandlers a few days ago. I figured with the winter break here, B&B might be back in business.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
sooo manko u in town then? and what is everyones plan? I think I have to cook for fam on thursday. So tomarrow night is game for me.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
no, unfortunately not. I'm in Tampa at the moment and probably will be up until the 24th. Then I think I'll be in the Panhandle again. If I'm in Jacksonville at all, it would pretty much just be for the family and I doubt I'd be able to smash since I'd have my girlfriend with me. I'll let you guys know if I'm in town and available sometime though.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll probably be in PC a few days before christmas till sometime after it and before new years (don't really know exact specifics yet), so maybe you and I can link up sometime over there manko.

As for smashing here in jacksonville, everyone around here should have info for me and I basically have no plans except to get my car to the shop sometime before I go home (if co can't do anything thursday then I'll probably make that the day to get it worked on). So make some plans and tell me what they are, or let me know when you guys are free and I'll make plans, or somthing.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok, I'm not sure if this is what's going to happen or not but here's one possible scenerio of my plans.

Fri. 12/22 - Drive to Jacksonville
Sat. 12/23 - in Jax all day
Sun. 12/24 - Drive to the Panhandle
Mon. 12/25 - gone
Tue. 12/26 - gone
Wed. 12/27 - Back in Jacksonville
Thur. 12/28 - In Town
Fri. 12/29 - In Town
Sat. 12/30 - In Town
Sun. 12/31 - Drive back to Tampa to attend New Years Lock-in tourney.

So that's roughly 6 days I'd be available for smash, aside from the ussual requirements of slipping in time with the family. Not sure if that's how it'll go down or not, but do any of those days look good for you guys? If we were to get together on the 22nd, I'd just go strait to Pritch's or wherever's best rather than go home yet.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
yo azn how good r u? I mean it looks like you play YL. I hear that YL ***** jiggls so I wanted to play some YL vs jiggs.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
who all will be there? Last time there was just 1 TV and 4 people. Thats cool for teams but we should totally get 2 tvs.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
(Warning; might not be completely accurate...)

When you come into UNF from St. Johns, turn right at the light. Then I believe it's the first left. He's in building B on 3rd floor, 301 maybe?. If Pritch ever gets on here, he can tell you better and see wether we can actually even smash there or not.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Oh ****, people posting and stuff.

My sleep schedule has been seriously wack these past couple days and I've been doing random other stuff on top of that, so I hadn't checked back here, appologies all. I'm probably down for smashing here friday though assuming I"m still in town. I'll talk to my parents today and figure out if there's any kind of plans to that effect today.

No gameroom unfortunately, but we can play in my room (maybe this'll inspire me to actually clean it up, too :eek:). Joe's directions were right azn. Only thing to add is once you're in the lot my building is second from the end with the parking garage and right up next to the lot. And yeah joe, if you could bring a second setup that'd be sweet. Now we just gotta get up with gahtzu and jamz (and larry if he's in town) and see if they can come out too.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well, this morning my girlfriend told me that one of her co-workers is snowed-in in Colorado and can't come to work so she's switching days with him. That kind of disturbs my schedule...

I'll post again when I figure out what's going on, but I might not be comming down tomorrow after all.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I think it largely depends on when/if joe's hitting town, other than that it's just when we want to start doing stuff. Anytime anyone wants to come by here today I'm cool with playing though.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll be around. I'll PM you my phone number so you can get directions if you need them (this goes for anyone else too, just let me know).

EDIT: just talked to jamz, he's coming by at around 4:00, gahtzu is going to be here a bit later. Co's gotta talk to his parents about plans with relatives, and I have yet to hear back from manko. Depending on how much time you have to play, you may want to just wait till 4:00 since we'll have more people that way, and it gives me a bit of time to do some stuff around here (though if you're still coming at 3:00 that works too).

co_and_me

Smash Lord
BTW that fest was fun. I wasnt there too long.
azn- u totally got to learn to play some teams dude. I realize they were just friendly matches but omg seriously projectiles everywhere and I always was getting hit by them. I can see where YL can give jiggs trouble too.
gatzhu- double ganon=beast mode. too much fun. I just had to say that teaming with you was alot of fun.

Pritch

Smash Lord
RISE, THREAD, RISE!!!!

Actually, nothing may come of this at all, but I was talking to Gahtzu on aim about getting this going again and I know there's a couple of other jacksonville smashers too, so I figured what the hell. Not that it effects me too much, since I"m in Panama City now, but hey, I'm bored, and jacksonville should still smash even if me and manko aren't there anymore.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
woooooooo!! gahtzu's backkkkkk!! :chuckle: summer's finally back which means Jax needs a new crew....the thing is we need a place to fest (UNF?), but yea, im down to smash sometime and possibly gettin a new crew started up, if any1 is interested respond, Bo! is in town for the time being and the archangels are back in as well, so we should have plenty of smashers/rides for tournies :p

Top Bottom