• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Smashfests again

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
is the gameroom exactly on campus or somewhere off campus?

o and if anyone wants to play at the gameroom we can cause im free tomorrow :D

cobrajeb

Smash Rookie
hey whats up i lvie in jacksonville and be lookin for ppl to play some ssb wit so if anyone is down just hit dis forum back

cobrajeb

Smash Rookie
i stay on the westside

so when is the next jacksonville tournement. me and my bro are the best ssb players in jville. so if yall think yall rdy come get sum.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, there's a tourney next week.

The gameroom is on campus, building 14. When entering UNF, turn right. If you're entering from St. Johns you'll pass Alumni Road (otherwise it's the road you come in on from Kernan) then it's your first left. Park in the parking lot to the right (lot 9) and the gameroom is right there.

cobrajeb: I accept your challenge. Want to play for money? We can do singles or teams with your brother. No items, and team attack is turned on of course.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll take you up too, jeb. Everything manko said applies to me too, and if you wanna team vs his bro manko you gots you a teammate.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
so... is it actually a "tournament" with pot and stuff, or just a regular fest, and cobra ill take u up on your offer, u AND your brother vs me :grin:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
If we do have an actual tourney, we should forget about having brackets and just make it a Round Robin pool. That way you play everyone and whoever has the best win/loss ratio wins.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
yea where were you cobra you should of seen me getting pwned by gahtzu,pritch,and manko....='( but then i got "some" victories

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
i was talkin to one of my friends that just came from Japan and found out tht he's apparently good at smash. He knows all the advanced techs and plays samus, so mayb i could bring him to a fest this weekend and see how he is

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sure, although there was some talk before about going to the Get Commited tourney in Gainesville this weekend. Me, Pritch, and Ian were thinking about it, would you and your friend be up for it?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Joe, aim me so we can figure out some plans for tomorrow. Leave a message or whatever, we need to get stuff arranged.

I don't have your phone # either (don't know where it went to), PM me that if you could.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Apparently you're already in gainsville. Awesome.

Guess I'm not going to the tournament then. Anyone down for playing tomorrow? I don't know if I'll be down at the gameroom at 2:00, but aim me or post up here if anyone's interested in getting together to play sometime saturday.

Pritch

Smash Lord
It's cool john, thanks anyways.

I'm probably gonna head down to the gameroom now Ian, just to see if anyone's down there. If there is, then I'll stay and play, if not then I have some errands I need to run. So maybe we'll get some smash in.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sorry guys, I went alone cause I went to Tampa afterwards instead of returning to Jacksonville. I didn't get to do teams, but I got 4th in singles. Lost to Derf's Fox & Uber Ice. I need to lean how to fight ICs. :ohwell:

My counter picks rocked though. ^_^

Pritch

Smash Lord
I wish you'd, you know, told me of this so that I could have made alternate arrangements :ohwell:. Meh, either way gj on 4th. When you think you'll be back in town?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, I did when I fought Uber Ice and kept seperating the level to limit the IceClimbers movement. :)

I'll probably stay here for a few weeks till sometime in October.

Pritch

Smash Lord
So guys, are we still smashing? Manko, when do you think you'll be back from tampa? Gahtzu, are you without a ride with larry in orlando? If so let me know and I'll see about helping you out. Aznplaya, are you able to get to unf to play? Cire and his crew, as well as any other random jacksonville people I may or may not know about, anyone out there feel like playing smash?

I really want to see the saturday thing start up again - I've been playing nothing but noobs on campus lately and I can feel my skills slipping. I'm going to show up at the gameroom on saturday at 2:00, maybe with a few of the better smashers on campus, and hopefully play some smash with some people, with maybe even a tournament if there's enough people. Anyone else interested?

Yeah, I did when I fought Uber Ice and kept seperating the level to limit the IceClimbers movement. :)
Why didn't you just counterpick cruise or pokefloats for the "nana is dumb" win?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cause she's still dumb and died on Brinstar too. At one point, she fell through the middle strait off of her spawning. The fact that there's areas in Floats & Cruise where there's plenty of open horizontal space where she doesn't kill herself and the player is more likely used to the levels instead of Brinstar makes them less desireable. On Brinstar, he was forced into the air the entire match due to lava & level seperation rather than just certain points of the moving levels.

I'll be here another week at least. as in, no smash fest at UNF next weekend for me either. My girlfriend's birthday is next weekend so I'll be here for that and possibly the tourney tht just happens to be in Tampa that weekend as well. ^_^

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I LOVE MANKOSUKI HES MY FAVORITE SAMUS PLAYER AND FAVORITE UHHHHH WELL W/E HES MY FAVORITE!!!!!! how was uber ice was he super leet sauce. OMG IMA BE SO TIRED TOMORROW I GOTTA GET UP AT 6 AM lool i fail XD

Pritch

Smash Lord
Ouch. Wish I'd checked this sooner. I had some stuff that came up that I had to take care of asap, but I should be down there within the next 10-15 min or so. Hope people are still there :ohwell:. Sorry about that, guys.

EDIT: People are in fact here, good ****. Gahtzu, you coming? We're getting teams going, but having one more good person here would do a lot to even stuff up.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
if the gameroom is open tomorrow and pritch isnt busy i guess i can come

hey pritch if you get this i may head up over to the gamerrom at 1 or 2o'clock

Top Bottom