• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Regarding the harp, Sheik's going to have a harp taunt, most probably for the next version of PM.

I doubt it will be included in the costume file though.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Regarding the harp, Sheik's going to have a harp taunt, most probably for the next version of PM.

I doubt it will be included in the costume file though.
There's a very real possibility that the taunt was made just for fun.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Do you want fries with all that? Joking. Anyways, I'm sure someone else is doing the recolors. Young Link will be over Link and Toon Link. I sure Project M's Toon Link's moveset already fits him well. The reason FD Link needs a shield is cause he's over link. IMO, he should go over Ike instead. Young Link with the Guilded Sword would sound cool though.
and the reason why i want young link over toon link to have a moveset is because i want his final smash to be Fierce Deity Link and his version of the moveset and whall Fierce Deity Link if you press nutral b you do a finisher that wons it's finnished you tern back into young link

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
and the reason why i want young link over toon link to have a moveset is because i want his final smash to be Fierce Deity Link and his version of the moveset and whall Fierce Deity Link if you press nutral b you do a finisher that wons it's finnished you tern back into young link
I'm fairly sure that Fierce Deity is impossible to do in Smash without taking up another character slot. And besides, Iwantgames specializes in costume swaps and model work. I don't think he has the power to do anything more.
Unless I'm proven wrong? Yes, that is a challenge.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Well there goes my plan to keep it secret.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Life is perfect, I can die happy.
lol, glad you like it

Was Skyloft Link scrapped?
the actual SS version is scrapped. too many problems I tried to fix but just couldn't. To make up for it I am making a Hyrule Warriors version of it. unfortunately he won't have long sleeves. his design will be that of smash 4 link's skyloft outfit. Postman link will also get short sleeves.

I would love to keep their design how they are but link was animated with short sleeves in mind. long sleeves or bare arms will deform horribly at the shoulder or where his short sleeves stop.

I will be continuing sheik soon. got a request I promised and have been putting off for a very long time and some smash 3 stuff that I need to work on. the requested character will be uploaded to the vault, the smash 3 stuff will not come out until the pack does of course.

i doubt anyone will be interested, but just in case the requested character is pajama kokoro from doa5. i promised the guy one request and he asked for her, so i have to do it. his first request was a bikini model and i can't really do those so he settled for the pj outfit. also this was requested a long time ago, i don't and can't do requests right now because of all the projects i have planned.

again here is the next planned HW character and her current progress

Juken

Smash Ace
Now THIS is a good alt for Sheik.
Yeah, I'd love to see them in PM sometime, although couldn't they get in trouble if they did that? It's confusing thinking about stuff like dry bowser being in as a costume, but if the hyrule warriors design for these characters would be allowed, especially since they're ripped from the game.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
hey guys unfortunately link isn't completely lagless. only managed to get him lagless with three, four lags depending on the stage. has slight lag on battlefield, higher poly stages will cause more lag. i will leave him like this for now so that i can do other costumes and characters from the game. after i finish all characters i will come back to him to see if i can reduce the lag some more.

currently working on something else, after i am done with it i just need to do a little more work on all of their hands and default links scarf and they are done. here is some pics of Hero recolors and OoT link costumes:

i just thought i ask. seeing as how all of link's slots will be filled with just the default costumes w/ recolors and the SS and OoT DLC, should i go ahead and work on other characters like Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, and young link over toon link after i release current link stuff?

as for young link over toon link, I was thinking of replacing all of his slots. half will be MM (hero shield w/ current sword) and the other half will be OoT (deku shield w/ kokiri sword)
You mentioned here that there's some slight lag.. Is there lag in 1v1's or is it just in larger fights? Because I mainly just play 1v1 anyways, just wondering.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
You mentioned here that there's some slight lag.. Is there lag in 1v1's or is it just in larger fights? Because I mainly just play 1v1 anyways, just wondering.
Hyrule Warriors Link lags when there are 4 HW Links in one match. There is no lag when there are only three.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Now THIS is a good alt for Sheik.
but u no see all her costumes yet

Hyrule Warriors Link lags when there are 4 HW Links in one match. There is no lag when there are only three.
this

Also, I won't be making any progress until late Wednesday. got another test that day and I am gonna spend these few day preparing for it.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Sheik looks amazing i can't wait to see her in action! great job as always.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sorry, but I dropped him. he was looking good and everything until I got him on link's skeleton. link's proportion doesn't look right on him for some reason.

I forgot to mentioned that sheik models are done. just need to do expressions, here is progress:

I haven't been doing anything lately cause I am practicing custom modeling

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Hi iwg, just wanted to say that your HW Link is wonderful! He's gonna be in my build forever, like SJS's ZSSamus, and nothing that the PMDT does will change that! ...they won't do anything else to Link anyway :U

I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your HWLink costumes and your Sheik import too! (I hope she has a full set of costumes like link too, but I'll be happy with the default one)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hi iwg, just wanted to say that your HW Link is wonderful! He's gonna be in my build forever, like SJS's ZSSamus, and nothing that the PMDT does will change that! ...they won't do anything else to Link anyway :U

I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of your HWLink costumes and your Sheik import too! (I hope she has a full set of costumes like link too, but I'll be happy with the default one)
thanks, unfortunately she doesn't have enough costumes for a full slot unless I make alts or recolors

i haven't done anything with sheik for awhile, instead i have been working on modeling awakening roy

pm roy head, hair, and cape are placeholders until i model my own. gonna use them as a reference

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
thanks, unfortunately she doesn't have enough costumes for a full slot unless I make alts or recolors

i haven't done anything with sheik for awhile, instead i have been working on modeling awakening roy

pm roy head, hair, and cape are placeholders until i model my own. gonna use them as a reference
ALL ABOARD DA HYPE TRAIN!:colorful: In all seriousness though, I LOVE the Awakening Roy. Great job man! Are you gonna make an updated SSB4 Samus with the new recolors and stuff for 3.5 and 3.6?

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice

DUDE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

CAPS LOCK INTENDED

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
ALL ABOARD DA HYPE TRAIN!:colorful: In all seriousness though, I LOVE the Awakening Roy. Great job man! Are you gonna make an updated SSB4 Samus with the new recolors and stuff for 3.5 and 3.6?
thanks

as for samus, I thought about it a long time ago. may or may not do it

DUDE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.
CAPS LOCK INTENDED
lol

here is a little update since yesterday.

got a test I am studying for so I will be able to make more progress later today

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
thanks

lol

got a test I am studying for so I will be able to make more progress later today
Gotta optimize the **** out of tha tlol

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
thanks

lol

Beautiful.

If you do Samus, will it be a rip of her model, or a recreation? I would love to see each Smash 4 resource ripped from Smash 4 to Brawl... Since I'm too poor for a Wii U, and would like to at least pretend to have it, haha.The "Smash 3" project or whatever it's called is nice... But I would like something a bit more "pure", for lack of a better way of saying.
...Unless it's the 3DS version, eh? Eh?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
PM'd

Beautiful.

If you do Samus, will it be a rip of her model, or a recreation? I would love to see each Smash 4 resource ripped from Smash 4 to Brawl... Since I'm too poor for a Wii U, and would like to at least pretend to have it, haha.The "Smash 3" project or whatever it's called is nice... But I would like something a bit more "pure", for lack of a better way of saying.

...Unless it's the 3DS version, eh? Eh?
but smash 3 is life. :(

seriously though, since you don't have a wii u I think smash 3 is your best option for better looking characters. only project I know of that is giving brawl characters a visual overhaul with smash 4 in mind.

also i think large leader was talking about optimizing roy. if you are too than I should let you know that this isn't the/a 3ds model, I custom made it with blood, sweat, and tears.

if you were talking about samus, the 3ds version hasn't been ripped. ripping from the 3ds version is way more difficult than the wii u version. I think there are only 3 ripped characters from the smash 3ds.

that being said, here is moar roy progress:

there are no textures applied, the seams on the kneepad, guantlets, guards, etc are modeled. and stuff like what's going on with the cape is shadows

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Dude, how you model this well when you've just started is beyond me. That Roy is looking sexy. Can't wait to see how this turns out what you end up doing after.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
PM'd
I'm such a perfectionist though, it'd bother me too much... I might cry. And besides, I don't think they've done every character, have they?
if you were talking about samus, the 3ds version hasn't been ripped. ripping from the 3ds version is way more difficult than the wii u version. I think there are only 3 ripped characters from the smash 3ds.
Well, there's your fun fact of the day, I thought otherwise! I will proceed to dance now.

And your model is JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Dude, how you model this well when you've just started is beyond me. That Roy is looking sexy. Can't wait to see how this turns out what you end up doing after.
I have no idea either, I guess having a reference model played a big part in modeling roy. (reference model is HW Link btw)

as for what's next, I am not sure. I am doing roy because everyone likes this look and there isn't a model uploaded anywhere for it to be imported. so it probably wouldn't have gotten done. the next model I make will probably be in the same situation. (everyone likes it but there is no model of it)

I'm such a perfectionist though, it'd bother me too much... I might cry. And besides, I don't think they've done every character, have they?

Well, there's your fun fact of the day, I thought otherwise! I will proceed to dance now.

And your model is JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.
thanks

I don't have any progress to show right now. the nest progress pics will be of the hair, that's what I am currently working on

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
PM'd

there are no textures applied, the seams on the kneepad, guantlets, guards, etc are modeled. and stuff like what's going on with the cape is shadows
oh man, that's incredible. hoping for an inigo recolor, that dude's baller as hell, and the outfit's similar too.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
oh man, that's incredible. hoping for an inigo recolor, that dude's baller as hell, and the outfit's similar too.
Inigo, Gregor, and Severa could all make good recolors, and that would also cover all the team colors, too.

I really like what I'm seeing!

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
PM'd

seriously though, since you don't have a wii u I think smash 3 is your best option for better looking characters. only project I know of that is giving brawl characters a visual overhaul with smash 4 in mind.

also i think large leader was talking about optimizing roy. if you are too than I should let you know that this isn't the/a 3ds model, I custom made it with blood, sweat, and tears.

Dude, I have been wanting this since I had fire emblem awakening, I assume takio is making csps again.
Also do you like anime just wondering, thanks:psycho:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sure, and thanks

Inigo, Gregor, and Severa could all make good recolors, and that would also cover all the team colors, too.

I really like what I'm seeing!
sure, and thanks

I assume takio is making csps again.
Also do you like anime just wondering, thanks:psycho:
yes, yes, and u r welcome

also, it's stil a major WIP but here is some hair progress

I don't have my head model made yet for the hair to fit around, instead I built it around the headband on the pm roy's head. the scalp that I needed to build it around is attached to the hair and I didn't feel like separating it at the time. that's why the hair is flat, i didn't have a scalp to build it around. will be fixed after I make my head model.

as for what's left for the hair:

- make the pointy hairs that sticks up in the center of his head
- add an extra layer of hair under the headband (goes all the way around the head from ear to ear covering half of the current layer
- an extra hair strand to cover that hole on his right (that's why the hole is there, I haven't made that strand yet)
- a few extra strands of hair in random places
- and the stuff I mentioned above about why the hair looks flat

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
sure, and thanks

sure, and thanks

yes, yes, and u r welcome

also, it's stil a major WIP but here is some hair progress

I don't have my head model made yet for the hair to fit around, instead I built it around the headband on the pm roy's head. the scalp that I needed to build it around is attached to the hair and I didn't feel like separating it at the time. that's why the hair is flat, i didn't have a scalp to build it around. will be fixed after I make my head model.

as for what's left for the hair:

- make the pointy hairs that sticks up in the center of his head
- add an extra layer of hair under the headband (goes all the way around the head from ear to ear covering half of the current layer
- an extra hair strand to cover that hole on his right (that's why the hole is there, I haven't made that strand yet)
- a few extra strands of hair in random places
- and the stuff I mentioned above about why the hair looks flat
This looks .. so .. good, i'm just getting into maya but why cant you just take the smaller part of pm roy's hair and mirror it then shrink it a little bit, do a retexture and put it under the current hair to give it depth,alternatively i'm just a derp that doesent know what he's talking about. probably the latter.:129:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Hey, @ iwantgames iwantgames , are you the one who made the CSPs for that Hyrule Warriors Link pack? I made a ton of recolors for it and I wanted to make CSPs to go with them before it goes up on the vault, but I don't know how to get them to look... right.

Top Bottom