• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY a real Fierce Deity! Cannot wait!

When you release Trainee Link, would it be possible to get a version with the basic sword and shield instead of the Master/Hylian?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
FINALLY a real Fierce Deity! Cannot wait!

When you release Trainee Link, would it be possible to get a version with the basic sword and shield instead of the Master/Hylian?
that was the plan for that one. I haven't been able to import and optimize those items yet for that costume, that's why I showed him with Master/Hylian

I OWE YOU MY LIFE, THANK YOU!!
Just make sure that whatever you ask him for it isn't a request kind of thing, cause he doesn't do those anymore. if you are just gonna ask for models or something then it should be ok.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
that was the plan for that one. I haven't been able to import and optimize those items yet for that costume, that's why I showed him with Master/Hylian

Just make sure that whatever you ask him for it isn't a request kind of thing, cause he doesn't do those anymore. if you are just gonna ask for models or something then it should be ok.
Oh, awesome! Yeah, I asked for the model, I don't like requests, haha.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
alright, I doubt he wants to do anything with it so he will most likely give it to you. if he doesn't then I can give it too you

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Whenever you get to updating that Skyloft Link, should I look on the old submission page or will it be reuploaded entirely?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hey guys over on Brawl Vault I put up a new poll to go by after SS skyloft link, SS hero link, and HW link pack are released. if you are a member there you can go vote, if not then let me know how to do the poll here so I can make it for you guys. here is what's in the poll:

HW ganon pack (3 costumes)
HW sheik pack (2 costumes)
HW Zelda pack (5 costumes)

I won't start the next pack immediately. cause I also gotta do a request and finish young samus from Metroid other m

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, it's hard to choose! I really like Sheik's HW design, so I think I'm going to have to vote for that one... To Brawl Vault!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
yeah, I am not sure where I will place my vote yet, leaning towards Zelda or Sheik.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
What will you be doing for Fierce Deity's shield, out of curiosity? Assuming you give him his sword instead of the Master Sword, that is.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
was thinking about using one of link's other shields, the one that would look the best with the costume and sword. if I can't find one then I will just retexture hylian shield the same as smash 4 fierce deity link,. and yes, will be using his sword instead of the master. will have to resize it to fit hitboxes though

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
The Majora hero's shield seems like the best pick (or maybe the Majora Mirror Shield?)

Also, I'd actually really like if you had a version with the master sword, if it doesn't end up being too much trouble.

Juken

Smash Ace
yeah, I am not sure where I will place my vote yet, leaning towards Zelda or Sheik.
How about doing the basic designs for all of them first and then moving onto the extra skins if you still have the motivation?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
The Majora hero's shield seems like the best pick (or maybe the Majora Mirror Shield?)

Also, I'd actually really like if you had a version with the master sword, if it doesn't end up being too much trouble.
yeah, I could do that. the master sword is already in the scene with him so I could easily make an alt with that. the hero shield may take awhile though. I want a high quality one, so I will either vertex the hylian one or costume make one.

How about doing the basic designs for all of them first and then moving onto the extra skins if you still have the motivation?
I think it'd be best to do one at a time. I believe all costumes need fixes, so it'd be best to get one character's costumes all fixed at once instead of coming back to the character to fix the other costumes and make them consistent with the main.

also guys, all the alt stuff with different sword, shields and stuff will wait til later. don't want to keep adding to what I have to do and push back the pack even further. so I will release them how I planned to do them first. then in-between some stuff I will upload the alt stuff. this does not include the alt costume that requires the alt stuff, just the characters that you guys want to have alt stuff. like master sword fierce deity.

there is also one more HW character I plan to do, not gonna say anything about that person until i know how to do what i plan to do for them.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I'd say definitely use one of the mirror shields if possible, Ideally Ocarina's imo just gives off a stronger other-wordly vibe than the other shields and that's fitting for FDL.

If you want a high quality OoT Mirror Shield I believe someone's already ripped the one from Soul Calibur II on the vault, if not somewhere on the net since I've seen all the other Adult Link assets from SCII online somewhere.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Do you think it would be possible to make HW Ganon's hair use the cape bones?

Keep up the good work.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Do you think it would be possible to make HW Ganon's hair use the cape bones?

Keep up the good work.
that's what I was gonna try, so hopefully it looks alright. and thanks

I'd say definitely use one of the mirror shields if possible, Ideally Ocarina's imo just gives off a stronger other-wordly vibe than the other shields and that's fitting for FDL.

If you want a high quality OoT Mirror Shield I believe someone's already ripped the one from Soul Calibur II on the vault, if not somewhere on the net since I've seen all the other Adult Link assets from SCII online somewhere.
i'm not sure about mirror shield. I want the texture and model to fit right in with the rest of the model. I lack the texturing skill to do so, so sadly I can't do mirror shield. the best that I can do and hope for is UVing my custom or vertexed hero shield to the hylian shield.

as for the poll, ganon is winning by a lot. so he will most likely be the next pack I do. next is zelda, then sheik. when I start on ganon I will redo the poll so that both Zelda and Sheik can have a fair shot.

Juken

Smash Ace
Will these have a Smash 3 type thing or be more Brawl oriented in terms of things like rimlighting/texture?

Hyrule Warriors is pretty unique from both, but I'd say closer to Smash 3.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Keep up the good work, iwantgames! Personally, I'd like Zelda to be done next, but I'd honestly love for all of them to be done haha.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Will these have a Smash 3 type thing or be more Brawl oriented in terms of things like rimlighting/texture?

Hyrule Warriors is pretty unique from both, but I'd say closer to Smash 3.
I was just thinking of adding specs. unless the smash 3C thread makes them in the smash 3 style, I guess I can do that.

Keep up the good work, iwantgames! Personally, I'd like Zelda to be done next, but I'd honestly love for all of them to be done haha.
thanks, trying to finish up this last bit of homework so that I can finish stuff faster

‘‘You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?’‘
Sorry about that quote I got bored, anyway

young link, the last and final costume for the HW link pack. will be a size mod over link. he's going over link because I want modeled expressions, and toon link doesn't have those. all that's left to do is make his MM hero shield, add straps to the deku shield, give him a sheath, add expressions, and maybe some optimizations. current progress for the pack is that OoT link and SS link both are completed and are lag free, currently working on TP link so that he can be the same.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I was just thinking of adding specs. unless the smash 3C thread makes them in the smash 3 style, I guess I can do that.

thanks, trying to finish up this last bit of homework so that I can finish stuff faster

‘‘You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?’‘
Sorry about that quote I got bored, anyway

young link, the last and final costume for the HW link pack. will be a size mod over link. he's going over link because I want modeled expressions, and toon link doesn't have those. all that's left to do is make his MM hero shield, add straps to the deku shield, give him a sheath, add expressions, and maybe some optimizations. current progress for the pack is that OoT link and SS link both are completed and are lag free, currently working on TP link so that he can be the same.
You could give Toon Link a costume to look like Hyrule Warriors Young Link: Give Toony the masks, the sword, and maybe the boots, and leave the rest as a palette swap or ask KTH if you could use his model.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
there's no need for that. jokekid on Brawl Vault asked for the model so that he could import it over toon link. so the costume I am making for link will also go over toon link, the only thing that will be missing are expressions because toon link uses textures for those. I also forgot to show the latest version of him:

I know the sheath doesn't look that good, had to make a detailed by low poly model. it's also my first time doing my own custom texture and trying to match HW style is not something a beginner should do.

tomorrow I will start back on the HW link pack, been doing homework and studying for my test tomorrow.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I think the sheath looks great! It and the sword seem a bit oversized, but the textures on it match the rest of the textures pretty well, I think.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I think the sheath looks great! It and the sword seem a bit oversized, but the textures on it match the rest of the textures pretty well, I think.
oh, thanks. the top part of the sheath texture needs some work though, not visible in the pic.

the sheath and sword are huge because that's the sword's original size in the game. as for the sheath, i made it from the sword so that the sword fits inside correctly. they will be resized so that it fit hitboxes better. i just did it how i did it to avoid normal problems and so that i could resize/edit both at the same time.

Are you only doing Link costumes or are there other costumes, where you're really exciting about?
will be doing everyone who is in brawl. other characters depends on how I feel, if there is a character that they could go over, and/or if someone makes a psa of a charater.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sorry for double post but here is progress on young link's hero shield

If i wasn't limited on the amount of poly i could use it would look much better. trying to stay below/close to the optimize HW shield for link since it is a vertexed version of it. also, the poly and vert count is not accurate, i have a hidden backup of the HW shield in the scene. just needs a bit more editing before it's done,

Juken

Smash Ace
Sorry if this comes off as rushing, but I'm kind of curious as to how close to done the Link stuff is. Have had some slots reserved for it that I'm aching to replace.

Is Toon Link the last one or something?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
no it's okay, I completely understand how you feel. as for progress, a little less than half-way done. I have been playing a lot of smash U lately so I haven't been working on link much. sorry bout that.

The good news is today is a link day, will be working on link all day so he should be done soon. I have to complete 6 more costumes. rigging them will take a few minutes a piece, plan to have all if not most done today.

also, not sure if I said it before but OoT and the SS DLCs are both rigged and lag free. now I just have to do the rest with the other 6. think I am going to create an entry for the HW link pack, upload both of the completed costumes and add the rest as they are completed.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
Hey I am really excited for your HW link pack. i'm curious to know if you will mod in Young Link's voice and probably his speed,weight and wall jump too maybe? or will he just be a skin for Link? i greatly appreciate your hard work mate. i never been so stoked in a long time because i really miss Young Link . mad props.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
unfortunately, no. I haven't looked into voice or psa's stuff yet. hopefully someone else will do that stuff though. in the pack he will just be a skin for link.

Also in case you didn't see, after I am finished with the hero shield and some minor texture edits I will be giving the model to someone else to do a toon link version. So you may be more interested in that version instead of the link skin. however, that version will lack expressions because of how they are done on toon link.

and thanks

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
unfortunately, no. I haven't looked into voice or psa's stuff yet. hopefully someone else will do that stuff though. in the pack he will just be a skin for link.

Also in case you didn't see, after I am finished with the hero shield and some minor texture edits I will be giving the model to someone else to do a toon link version. So you may be more interested in that version instead of the link skin. however, that version will lack expressions because of how they are done on toon link.

and thanks
Arigato, however i much more interested in your work to be honest.i rather have the facial expressions more than anything else.
will Fierce Deity Link have the Hero's shield too? or Hylian?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I'l give him both. will only do one for now, then work on the other version after all of the costumes are finished. think I will do the hero shield first since he is from MM

also, the pack with the first three characters will be done soon. the default costume is rigged, just need to go back over it to lower the node count for reduced lag. then I just have to figure out the shader/material for the costumes to use.

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
The Young Link sheathe looks really good, but it may be kind of distracting. What do you think of maybe just having a strap instead? That way you don't have a huge thing hanging off for no reason when he has the sword drawn. Idk just a thought, the whole thing looks super nice btw.

One more thing, I don't know if it would be helpful to you (I know basically nothing about this process) but Link actually has a Fierce Deity costume that I think is the same model but with the sword and shield.

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I dare say the Magic Sword+Shield might even make a better choice for the FDLink Alt as the Fierce Deity sword is meant to be two-handed and doesn't work very well for Link in Smash.
I've seen people either shorten the blade or make Link wield it one handed and it never looks quite right. At least with this option you have a beautiful matching set.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
The Young Link sheathe looks really good, but it may be kind of distracting. What do you think of maybe just having a strap instead? That way you don't have a huge thing hanging off for no reason when he has the sword drawn. Idk just a thought, the whole thing looks super nice btw.

One more thing, I don't know if it would be helpful to you (I know basically nothing about this process) but Link actually has a Fierce Deity costume that I think is the same model but with the sword and shield.

the sheath and sword will be smaller. i haven't edited them to fit link's brawl sword yet. they won't be that big and distracting in the final result cause i myself don't like the large sheath and sword.

and thanks

I dare say the Magic Sword+Shield might even make a better choice for the FDLink Alt as the Fierce Deity sword is meant to be two-handed and doesn't work very well for Link in Smash.
I've seen people either shorten the blade or make Link wield it one handed and it never looks quite right. At least with this option you have a beautiful matching set.
for deity I was just thinking of the master sword and MM hero shield for now. you are right about the double helix not looking right. i tried that first and it just didn't look right. I would do another weapon but I don't have any of them optimized right now. so i can do magic shield/sword alt after the other costumes

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
GUYS!

The first 3 finished costumes should be uploaded soon, they are Link's OoT DLC, Link's SS DLC, and his default hero outfit with recolors. a full 8 slots:

- hero green
- hero red
- hero blue
- hero gold
- hero purple
- hero dark
- OoT DLC
- SS DLC

I am hoping for this week because I have to stop and do some homework today and tomorrow. i have to have it all done Tuesday because I have a test Wednesday. going to try and have homework done tomorrow and release late Saturday or Sunday. hopefully i can stick to that schedule.

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
GUYS!

The first 3 finished costumes should be uploaded soon, they are Link's OoT DLC, Link's SS DLC, and his default hero outfit with recolors. a full 8 slots:

- hero green
- hero red
- hero blue
- hero gold
- hero purple
- hero dark
- OoT DLC
- SS DLC

I am hoping for this week because I have to stop and do some homework today and tomorrow. i have to have it all done Tuesday because I have a test Wednesday. going to try and have homework done tomorrow and release late Saturday or Sunday. hopefully i can stick to that schedule.
Sweet! i'm looking forward to it!

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
So there's gonna be a young link alt for link? Cool. It's gonna feel weird playing as young link with adult link's grunts...

Top Bottom